Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,855 times)

[cancerblack]

Hadn't seen these renders before, they look pretty nice. More pics plus a Predator and marine here.

Corporal Hicks

Not a massive fan of that design but those renders do look quite lovely.

[cancerblack]

Never been huge on the Rez/AvP design either, but these have enough detail that they won't be boring to paint or look at, when previously I was convinced they would be.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 02, 2014, 08:49:12 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 02, 2014, 02:18:27 AM
And people were worried that they wouldn't deliver. :P

They just want to know what people want. And whilst they maybe fans - they're probably not as immersed as we are.
No I more of meant the doomsayers on this forum who were convinced that Prodos didn't know what they were doing and that we wouldn't get faithful Cameron-Aliens and that the game would invariably be shit and crash and burn or something. :P

[cancerblack]

Shadow

it does indeed look like they havn't done any research seeing their aliens and what they claim them to be. but the Preds have been accurate so far. i dont mind the avp aliens and the paintjob you give them can improve alot. if the game itself sucks i will just use the models for making custom rules for warhammer 40k.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Shadow on Jan 04, 2014, 10:04:12 AM
it does indeed look like they havn't done any research seeing their aliens and what they claim them to be. but the Preds have been accurate so far. i dont mind the avp aliens and the paintjob you give them can improve alot. if the game itself sucks i will just use the models for making custom rules for warhammer 40k.

Did... did you miss the last page of discussion?

chopperbuilder

Where can u get this game?

[cancerblack]

The game won't be available at retail for several months at least.

These pics were doing the rounds a while back, but here's one of them anyway:

[cancerblack]

Chart showing how the project is progressing:

Corporal Hicks

Program chart for last week:

Mr. Domino

Really interested to know what the price is gonna be like on Linn and Dutch. I budgeted initially for one of everything except the Resin Terrain, with two boxes of warriors. With the new Warrior renders being so great-looking, I'd like to hold on to both boxes, but if the pair of arcade heroes is too much, I may be forced to drop one of them.

[cancerblack]

You can always add more when the pledge manager is released.

I'd guess Marine Sgt. prices for Linn and (maybe/up to) Predator prices for Dutch.

PRJ_since1990

Oh man oh man. Lovin' everything that's coming out. I was being a stickler on the design for the warriors though. Last time I checked, there wasn't a full shot of the rendition of the Cameron Warriors. Are they going with that design (like I hope) or the AvPR style?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jan 22, 2014, 05:45:50 PM
Oh man oh man. Lovin' everything that's coming out. I was being a stickler on the design for the warriors though. Last time I checked, there wasn't a full shot of the rendition of the Cameron Warriors. Are they going with that design (like I hope) or the AvPR style?

Still no high-res full shot, but:

It looks like Cameraliens with the modern tail-fins and dorsal tubes to me, possibly with AvP:R shoulders too... which is different from that partial shot I was waving around a while back. Could well be unfinished though. I'd say at this point, it's safe to assume that we're getting something extremely close to "authentic" with the warriors, but that it won't be 100% spot on to the Cameron design. For what it's worth, I complained about the tail fins on the Kickstarter page.

Either way, believe me when I say - when we get finished renders of the Warriors, they'll be ALL OVER this thread, alongside much gnashing of teeth or cheering, depending on which way they go.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed