Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,835 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Then burn it, all is rendered useless.

Xenomrph

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 21, 2014, 04:53:55 AM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 14, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
They haven't won me over t'ill I see Giger's Alien.

But everything looks pretty fantastic otherwise.

I think I'll just pretend the AVP Aliens are A:R Clones as are any eventual AVP:R designed Warriors can be the Warrior-Clone equivalent.

Not to be a downer, but I really don't think they're gunna make the Giger version at all.
Why wouldn't they?

Arterial Spray

Arterial Spray

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2014, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 21, 2014, 04:53:55 AM
Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 14, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
They haven't won me over t'ill I see Giger's Alien.

But everything looks pretty fantastic otherwise.

I think I'll just pretend the AVP Aliens are A:R Clones as are any eventual AVP:R designed Warriors can be the Warrior-Clone equivalent.

Not to be a downer, but I really don't think they're gunna make the Giger version at all.
Why wouldn't they?

They already described their AvP style drone as Gigers Alien in one of the interviews. That model may well have been aproved by Fox under that description.
Given everything to come out of the franchise lately has had digitigrade legs and no back horn, I strongly suspect that the official Fox standpoint is now that the AvP [movie] designs are official and the former arangement was purely a tec limitation.
Finally, in miniature form (its only a little taller than 28mm) the Giger alien would not be significantly different from the 'infant warrior' other than the tail, horn and lower legs, and as such might not be deemed cost effective to produce. You could always custom it.

Edit: In review I actually just realised that many of the minis (as opposed to the concept art) for the most part have plantigrade legs in dynamic posing, which is nice.

darkguard

Hey, new to forums but I am grey excieted for this game =D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Arterial Spray on Apr 23, 2014, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2014, 10:05:51 AM

Why wouldn't they?

They already described their AvP style drone as Gigers Alien in one of the interviews. That model may well have been aproved by Fox under that description.
Given everything to come out of the franchise lately has had digitigrade legs and no back horn, I strongly suspect that the official Fox standpoint is now that the AvP [movie] designs are official and the former arangement was purely a tec limitation.
Finally, in miniature form (its only a little taller than 28mm) the Giger alien would not be significantly different from the 'infant warrior' other than the tail, horn and lower legs, and as such might not be deemed cost effective to produce. You could always custom it.

Edit: In review I actually just realised that many of the minis (as opposed to the concept art) for the most part have plantigrade legs in dynamic posing, which is nice.

Thanks for answering that one Arterial Spray. For the reason you point out, I doubt we'll see a Giger Alien, although I've been thinking about making one based around the Warrior figure with a head-swap.

SizzyBubbles

OOOOOOOOh I can't wait to build a tiny army of tiny aliens :3

FEAR!!!

Corporal Hicks

So for anyone in the UK, Prodos is apparently going to Titan Games in Lichfield this Saturday with AvP. That's one of the places I go play Star Trek - considering going.

elmen

Looks awesome, the miniatures are insane.

Corporal Hicks

Turns out they're only showing the models off.

Corporal Hicks

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/aliens-vs-predator-kickstarter-prodos.html

Our best pictures yet IMHO. They're from today at Titan Games.

The last Kickstarter update was full of awesome looking pictures too.

SizzyBubbles

Oh just saw this on FB! I really want lots of Chets (predaliens) and the dome headed aliens :3

Glad they went with plastic for the figures. More durable then diecast and and the paint doesn't rub and chip off as easily. Plus the figures can easily be reformed or corrected using hot water.

[cancerblack]

Oh, I'm liking these:

RakaiThwei

That Schaefer sculpt looks pretty bad-ass! Man, I can't wait to see Kurosawa!

Tex

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 03, 2014, 09:47:42 PM
That Schaefer sculpt looks pretty bad-ass! Man, I can't wait to see Kurosawa!

She's in the middle

RakaiThwei

That looks good but I want to see different angled and closer shots!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed