Mod Support?

Started by [BAM] Yojimbo, Jul 11, 2021, 11:54:46 AM

Author
Mod Support? (Read 1,560 times)

[BAM] Yojimbo

[BAM] Yojimbo

Hi all,

Been following this game since first announcement and I must be honest from the gameplay so far, this only looks mediocre unless put on highest difficulty setting, I'm worried that the Devs won't include mod support, it's not the community's responsibility to fix their game but it would be nice to have such an option, perfect examples were AVP2, Skyrim, etc they had so many mods that could greatly increase a games life span in form of new maps, skins, gameplay changes

Would you want it includes or not?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I always think mod support's a positive yes, but let us be crystal clear, modifications ought to not be required for the experience to be any good and in many cases like Bethesda's RPGs no amount of modding will save them from their fundamentally shallow nature.

Hemi

Hemi

This game is too small for mod support. Doubt they will add it.

Stitch

Stitch

I doubt it on the basis that any mods (other than cosmetics) which will affect difficulty or gameplay will have to be owned and installed by all players in order for everyone to be playing the same game. If the mods affect gameplay, then it's unlikely that they would get past anti cheat systems on servers.

Official mod support is unlikely in my opinion.

windebieste

windebieste

If the game has mod support, it will be around forever; but this is not likely going to be the case.

Publishers these days are shortsighted and are only interested in the life of the game lasting little longer than what any DLC has been budgeted for will permit.

-Windebieste.

[BAM] Yojimbo

[BAM] Yojimbo

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 16, 2021, 07:00:17 AM
If the game has mod support, it will be around forever; but this is not likely going to be the case.

Publishers these days are shortsighted and are only interested in the life of the game lasting little longer than what any DLC has been budgeted for will permit.

-Windebieste.

Exactly dude, why can't developers understand this, sure go release your DLC for a year or two but ultimately give us the choice to greatly prolong your games lifespan and maybe include quality of life improvements, I can already foresee increased difficulty and 1st person view mods lined up for this!

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

It would be amazing to find source files for the xeno models after the games release. Aside from the videogame critical design choices , I'd go as far to say these xenos are some of the most well rendered beasties.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

If they are some damn good models, why would you want to change them? I remember ACM had a customization for xenos but that was for your own soldier in multiplayer.
So since you can't play as an alien what point would it serve?
Think about it:
If you did a mod, the only one who would see it is yourself.
You might be able to share the mod, but you'd have to have others download the modkit and application that implements it.

They could take the Modification route like how PHG has and add feature changes through a mod menu.
Ei, big heads, or change alien heights, tail size, make all of them stand upright like big chap.
I dont know, im spit balling here but that would be the easier less invasive route for Mod support.

Personally, I would like to see maybe a mod that changes all the alien classes to one class of horde like ALL soldier type aliens from the JC film. Or make them all exploding alien types. I dont know how fun that would be though.

In terms of cosmetics, again,FOX /disney might hold the reigns on that one because they dont want people to mess with the product in the wrong way.

[BAM] Yojimbo

[BAM] Yojimbo

So the games out now, have been playing it all night last night, I'll give it a weak 7 out of 10

I would already want to improve the colour of the game e.g. Cameron's blue tint effect he used in ALIENS, maybe tweak the sound abit more, I already muted the Music and put in James Horner's ALIENS OST on loop in the background while playing this  :D

What would you want to change or improve?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

This game's OST blows James Horner out of the water for me.

razeak

razeak

I've only sampled the music in the first 2 missions, but I am very underwhelmed. It's elevator music to me.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Thought the music was excellent myself.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

And I'll split the difference!  Some of it I liked, some of it not so much.

[BAM] Yojimbo

[BAM] Yojimbo

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 25, 2021, 11:44:29 AM
This game's OST blows James Horner out of the water for me.

I don't mean to sound condescending but are you serious, what particular song stood out for you? Personally I thought it was generic...

judge death

judge death

Music wise: I find the music in the hangar/hub/RR location and other songs in the game to be very similair to several tracks from star wars the old republic mmo. Or is it just me?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed