Horde Killing (end of the day- is it just a point/click/paint)

Started by acrediblesource, Jun 10, 2021, 03:08:41 AM

Author
Horde Killing (end of the day- is it just a point/click/paint) (Read 864 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So considering the horde comparison of Dayz Gone, will Aliens FT be a point and click and paint the enemy hordes to their death?
and is that satisfactory? because we understand the gimick and its fairly easy to do. so without the story line, without the Role Playing, and without any fancy way that the enemy dies, is there anymore to Aliens FT?
I like Painting my enemies until they disapear but shouldnt there be more? like actually more strategy?
At least in PHG, there are mechanics like spotting, trying to anticipate a location of your enemy, tracking their blood, hearing their noises and ambient sounds......

why do i feel there will be none of these sensory indicators in Alien FT? Why do i think the most important part of this game is whether or not they got the Pulse Rifle sound authentic? Remember that fiasco in ACM? Where IGN was losing their shit and we were reading article after article about the Pulse Rifle not being 'authentic' and this was the very  basis of whether or not we were going to buy the game? Based off of  some benign frivolous detail?
Is this shit going to happen again? where gameplay is forgotten like they put all their efforts into the budget of marketing....or having to deal with some technical Press Relations damage control?

Hemi

Hemi

Gears 5 is still has one of the best horde modes ever made and it never gets boring. The simplicity of the maps and enemy diversity make it a lot of fun. Combined with a fancy reward system, this got a lot better compared to the initial release. In the beginning skins were classes and no 2 of the same skinclass could enter combat together. While innovating it proved annoying and the team adjusted the system increasing the popularity of the game. Haters gonna hate, but Gears 5 is still top of the horde. The Hive buster / Escape mode would probably come close to the Alien FT gameplay atm. It's hectic gameplay were you need to GTFO asap. It's a lot of fun imo. So I hope it will be like that.

Boils down to pvp vs pve concerning PHG and AFT. The 2 games can not be comparred at all unless they add a vs mode and basically make it a clone of Gears 5 lol.

Don't think we will have PR sound debate with this release. I don't think we will have any debate if this weird radiosilence continues lol. The lack of interest is overwelming atm. The boards are waaaay to empty for an Aliens game imo. Even on the bloody steam boards... Usually there is much more hype... but now...

Maybe people are Aliens-tired. Folk heve been screaming for Isolation 2 for years now, and now they get this. So maybe people aren't that excited anymore. I am though... finally a horde based Aliens game. Not some added gametype to a singleplayer game with a few other mp modes. An actual dedicated HORDE game with the Aliens franchise. My dream come true.

Just a shame the marketing isn't picking up.... But that's still the foul taste of ACM I think... God that game fcked things up BAD!

molasar

The fun is going to be in arcadey gameplay itself. Something on a level of Capcom's AvP but in 3D TPS form.

Drukathi

You can put traps and sentry guns. Enough level of strategy for an arcade horde game.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

ACM actually had sentry guns too but it wasn't an actual gameplay mechanic and more like a linear point in the game to progress it further.
It seems AFT will have this as part of the arsenal but really, im not talking about that.

Im more so referring to the horde's dynamics, it's characteristics per alien class, the use of the environment to either detect or obstruct hordes such as barriers, walls, robot arms (from Alien Covenant, that would be interesting), power loaders as defenses,
use of dynamic simulation (water, gas).

Im curious as to random dynamics that make any game these days appear more real physics-wise rather than a prescripted adventure.

I want to know if aliens can be damaged through acid blood splashing. Can an alien have its arm or leg severed and still attack?
From the videos i've seen, so far i get that heads explode and there might be a larger full bodyexplosion.
But nothing shows dismemberments- I remember ACM had this to the point where xenos felt flimsy and doll like.
I would love for it to be an option through these cards though.

Things like that will make people excited again.

Kimarhi

I think you should try every type of game style for the series.  Without a horror themed fps experience where one found themselves unable to directly defeat the alien, you wouldn't have gotten Isolation.  At that time a totally different style of Alien game then what came before it.

And even though I hate the gameplay of that game, I did think it had top notch world building.

Many other fans loved it completely.

So I say it's good to try a different approach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed