A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 47,586 times)

Local Trouble

They should have talked up the William Gibson comic the whole time.

Perfect-Organism

True that.  William Gibson is a sci-if icon in his own right so it would have been fully justified (even on behalf of Dark Horse) to talk about the project even if the Aliens series never factored in.

I'm curious about this new Alien 3 logo.  Is that something that was dug up from the archives from when the project was taking place or is it an all new thing?

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Vermillion

Corporal Hicks

According to Mr_H, Fox has found the streaming service they're going to be using for this. No specific details.

Kailem

Still collating.

Hopefully it's Netflix, just because I'd prefer to have all my streaming-related stuff in one place rather than have to subscribe to a bunch of different things for one or two shows each.

Perfect-Organism

I agree that it will be better if it is Netflix.  In this case, I think that the more streaming services there will be, the worse it will be for the viewers.  If we end up with multiple streaming services that offer exclusive content, then it will be necessary to pay for all of them to see what you want to see, and soon the cost will rise to the level that cable was at to begin with.  In such a case, we might as well go back to cable TV with streaming services turned into streaming channels.

Whos_Nick

Netflix is out of the question, Disney are pulling all of their content off it due to their own service.

Frosty Venom

It will have a much more substantial chance to work if it gets the clunky retro/used future aesthetic right.

Kane's other son

On one hand, it could work as a premium limited series. On the other hand, this would mean the end of Alien as a film franchise. I doubt it will return to the big screen after that.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Oct 07, 2018, 03:35:34 PM
Netflix is out of the question, Disney are pulling all of their content off it due to their own service.
In that case, it'd likely end up on Disney's service.

Kane's other son

Disney service will be PG & PG-13 material only. They could put it in Hulu, since Disney will end up with a majority stake and sell it internationally to the highest bidders or set it up at Netflix if it pays well. Literally every option but the new Disney service is on the table.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

FX seems likely

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kane's other son on Oct 07, 2018, 04:48:58 PM
On one hand, it could work as a premium limited series. On the other hand, this would mean the end of Alien as a film franchise. I doubt it will return to the big screen after that.

You mean kinda like the Terminator?

Ultramorph

So a series is actually happening? Guess I've been out of the loop.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed