Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting?

Started by Frosty Venom, Sep 30, 2018, 07:21:54 AM

Which trio of films is better?

Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien
44 (52.4%)
Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection
40 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author
Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting? (Read 20,554 times)

OpenMaw

I want a third option to tingle my sadomasochism.

Covenant, Resurrection, and Prometheus. In that order.

While drinking the cheapest, shittiest vodka I can find.

That's what we call a madness run.

I hold the original three films above any of the rest. Alien 3 is flawed as Hell, but Resurrection is stupid,  Prometheus is beautiful, but even dumber, and Covenant is just NOPE THE MOVIE.

Frosty Venom

How about Predator, Predators and The Predator or Predator 2, AVP, and AVPR in one sitting?

Nightmare Asylum

Damn. Predator's great, Predators is meh, and I hate The Predator. 

On the other hand, Predator 2 is the best Predator film, and I hate the other two.

I think I'll choose option B, just to get Predator 2. Sorry Arnie. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Frosty Venom on May 19, 2020, 12:21:33 PMHow about Predator, Predators and The Predator or Predator 2, AVP, and AVPR in one sitting?

Option A. Predator's a classic, Predators is far better than it gets credit for, and nothing compares to my hatred for Requiem.

426Buddy

option A, but ill miss P2

Drukathi

First option. But actually - Covenant, Alien, Aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 19, 2020, 12:39:03 PM
Quote from: Frosty Venom on May 19, 2020, 12:21:33 PMHow about Predator, Predators and The Predator or Predator 2, AVP, and AVPR in one sitting?

Option A. Predator's a classic, Predators is far better than it gets credit for, and nothing compares to my hatred for Requiem.

I think I'd go with A because of how much I love Predator and Predators, but man that The Predator is sure a rough option. AvPR is worse, but The Predator is so much sorer atm.

Nightmare Asylum

It still blows my mind that The Predator is nearly AVPR level bad... looking at his filmography, with stuff like The Nice Guys, Black should have been an excellent choice for Predator.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2020, 04:10:52 PMIt still blows my mind that The Predator is nearly AVPR level bad...

First off, it's really not - the few undeniably decent scenes in it are leagues above the entirety of Requiem - and secondly, I still believe most of the shittiest stuff in The Predator was out of Black's hands.

SiL

The whole weaponised autism was his idea.

Kradan

With which (you won't believe it!) I can live

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2020, 07:29:46 AMThe whole weaponised autism was his idea.

I don't think it was at all well implemented, but as a concept I didn't find the idea of them looking for benefits in the condition that ridiculous.

I was more bothered by the idea they've been harvesting DNA in general instead of just hunting for lulz.

I've still not read the early script draft, but the impression I get from the original plot and additional deleted Predators is the first cut more strongly implied that such hybridisation isn't condoned or carried out by most Predators, which works better for me.

SiL

You didn't think the idea of Predators kidnapping children to harvest autism from their spinal columns to make themselves super powered was ridiculous?

Different strokes for different folks.

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2020, 09:50:10 AM
Different strokes for different folks.

Exactly

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2020, 09:50:10 AMYou didn't think the idea of Predators kidnapping children to harvest autism from their spinal columns to make themselves super powered was ridiculous?

I refer you to my previous answer :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed