The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 61,236 times)

Space Sweeper

Good god. The commentators. That was some of the most cringe-worthy shit I've heard from anybody trying to get a crowd riled up or even make a joke. Asking for some big applause every five minutes, getting nothing, and then mumbling embarrassed, then going on to put a sell on the six Gearbox bachelors... shoot me now. I would have muted it, but I wanted some of that audio from the game coming through.

Let's hear it for the Marines! Let's hear it for Aliens: Colonial Marines! Lets hear it for Gearbox! Lets hear it for Alienware! Lets hear it for me!

Shut the f**k UP.

WinterActual

I noticed something very disturbing! When the first match ended, the player lvled up and the 2nd lvl was called a "Wasp". Wtf? Are we going to see a flying alien? Oh god, please no  :-\

AcidGlow

And those whiners who complained that "why can a marine melee an alien in AvP3?".. and hey.. it's in ACM too. What do you gotta say now?  ::)  You cant wait for the game? lol.

newbeing

Quote from: AcidGlow on Sep 05, 2012, 12:47:09 PM
And those whiners who complained that "why can a marine melee an alien in AvP3?".. and hey.. it's in ACM too. What do you gotta say now?  ::)  You cant wait for the game? lol.

At least the Xenos in this don't go crashing to the ground like the lady from the Life Call commericals.

FightFinda

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 05, 2012, 12:21:50 PM
I noticed something very disturbing! When the first match ended, the player lvled up and the 2nd lvl was called a "Wasp". Wtf? Are we going to see a flying alien? Oh god, please no  :-\

Don't worry it refers to the marine corps terminology for xenomorphs, i.e. 'bugs'. For example, "Is this gonna be a stand up fight, sir, or another 'bug' hunt?"

WinterActual

When the marines referred some xeno as "wasp"?

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 05, 2012, 02:06:37 PM
When the marines referred some xeno as "wasp"?

Erm No, Gearbox did.

To put it into context, that is a result of GBX thinking, "Hey so Hudson referred to xenomorphs as bugs, so let's call one of the the xeno Level ranks 'wasp', yeah!! I just thought of that myself  8)", so that of course leaves me thinking  ::).

Spoon

wow no alien stealth at all, just mindless COD style gameplay.   Not a fan of this sort of gameplay at all anymore.
  Needs more suspense and fear.

RagingDragon

Quote from: newbeing on Sep 05, 2012, 02:00:05 PM
Quote from: AcidGlow on Sep 05, 2012, 12:47:09 PM

At least the Xenos in this don't go crashing to the ground like the lady from the Life Call commericals.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hg71xIMc1r0sc3eo1_400.gif
:laugh:

It actually looks tolerable, more like a last-chance strike to buy you a few seconds to fire, not a block or a 'knock-you-on-your-ass' attack.  It also looks like the Aliens attacks are much faster when attacking, and were usually able to overpower the marines or kill them from behind before they could use it.

Not too bad.

But that Alien combo/melee shit, I don't know about that.  If you watch, the alien does like a left-right swing, then a head snap, then ends it with a tail strike.  It looks like a 3rd-person fighting game.  Don't really know how I feel.  Think I would prefer a light/heavy attack thing like AvP2010, would look less corny.

Anybody notice the Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers, too?  Looks like they'll temporarily stun an Alien with an electric field.

chupacabras acheronsis

wonder how would they have implemented the nuclear laser dick-shrinkers if they had mentioned those in the movie too.

Nightlord

Well considering the alien heads are meant to be dick shaped, we would probably see a ton of small headed aliens galloping around.

And this gameplay is so damn boring, I can't see myself playing TDM ever, need to see some escape gameplay.

FightFinda

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Sep 05, 2012, 03:28:39 PM
wonder how would they have implemented the nuclear laser dick-shrinkers if they had mentioned those in the movie too.
Probably just a note saying "ok then, but I want a commitment".

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: G8RSG1 on Sep 01, 2012, 08:40:28 AM
FFS people! No matter how good this game looks, all you can do is complain. The blood is too green?! Seriously?!

Am I the only one who thinks that this game seems to be coming along nicely? Some of you people make me ashamed to say I'm part of this community. >:(
All we want is the authentic Aliens experience Gearbox keeps patting themselves on the back about. It's either authentic. Or it's not. This is clearly not.

This isn't to say sacrificing some authenticity to have good gameplay and multiplayer balancing wouldn't need to be done, but the problems we're referring to don't have anything to do with that.

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 01, 2012, 11:57:58 AM
It's not about getting past the sacks. Its about why there are like this in the first place? Everybody who's watched the movies at least once will know how important the darkness is for the xenos and why a glowing part of their body is not a good idea (no matter what color is it). Remove the glow, paint em grey or something - everything should be fine :)
Agreed. However, the stupid Spitters shouldn't exist in the first place because there's no need for them. For example: the Runners can spit acid. So I want to know why doesn't Gearbox have Runners?

Speaking of which, why are the Lurkers suppose to be the fastest and most agile Aliens in the game when the Runners clearly fill that role?

RagingDragon

We can't do that, because then the player would have to pick out the Spitter from the crowd by actually looking for it, or waiting for it to attack.

This requires a certain degree of intelligence that's just too advanced for the modern gamer.

It's much better to offend the smart, capable players, seeing as how they're obviously in the minority, and not put off the hordes of idiots who will complain if the game presents them with even the slightest challenge or demand on their attention.

WinterActual

GBX are pleasing just the casual gamers in both ACM and BL2. I don't know why they are not thinking about the players who want some challenge and authentic feeling/experience. I want to see some server side options for PC to restrict the new type aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed