Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 145,797 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

http://blog.ted.com/TED2023/

it is prometheus related but i do not know if it's in fact a scene from prometheus.

Gazz

Gazz

Beat me by seconds!

bobby brown

In lack of better title,

check it out yourself,

I posted this as soon I saw it, so if its NOT promethius related please delete thread.

Snowdog

newbeing

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

WOW. Okay, that is something.

Love how they used...
Spoiler
TED Talks as the platform for his speech.
[close]

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Well I guess that answers the question regarding Prometheus being compatible with the canon of the AVP films, though it's curious why they used "Weyland Industries" for the website address.

Look into my eye

Look into my eye

Sweet!
This must be the viral advertising they said was coming.
Who is Luke Scott?, Ridley's son?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Snowdog on Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

it is prometheus related but i do not know if it's in fact a scene from prometheus.

That's f**king awesome.

Its started - the viral campaign!

Damon Lindelof had a countdown on his twitter feed for the past 11 hours, I thought it might be something to do with Prometheus!

Its very reminiscent of the Dharma Initiative stuff that hit the web at the start of Lost Season2...

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 28, 2012, 07:23:07 PM
Well I guess that answers the question regarding Prometheus being compatible with the canon of the AVP films, though it's curious why they used "Weyland Industries" for the website address.

if peter weyland is the founder of weyland industries that means avp is completely dismissed as canon.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

QuoteSir Peter Weyland was born in Mumbai, India at the turn of the Millennium. The progeny of two brilliant parents; His mother, an Oxford Educated Professor of Comparative Mythology, his father, a self-taught software Engineer, it was clear from an early age that Sir Peter's capabilities would only be eclipsed by his ambition to realize them. By the age of fourteen, he had already registered a dozen patents in a wide range of fields from biotech to robotics, but it would be his dynamic break-throughs in generating synthetic atmosphere above the polar ice cap that gained him worldwide recognition and spawned an empire.

In less than a decade, Weyland Corporation became a worldwide leader in emerging technologies and launched the first privatized industrial mission to leave the planet Earth. "There are other worlds than this one," Sir Peter boldly declared, "And if there is no air to breathe, we will simply have to make it."

Mmm, that retcon tastes delicious.

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 28, 2012, 07:23:07 PM

Stop! Weyland and Co. was introduced in the original film first, which is why it's in this one. AVP is a complete rip off. It has no, and will never any place in the future of these new films.

You want AVP, go watch the old horrible fims that they are.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 28, 2012, 07:29:57 PM
Mmm, that retcon tastes delicious.

Indeed. Charles Weyland, who?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed