Hunter Borgia (Concrete Jungle)
0 (0%)
Assassin
0 (0%)
Fugitive
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author
Best on-screen Predator (Read 3,710 times)

Huntsman

Huntsman

I still think the best is yet to come. Adapting Scarface would be the antidote.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 16, 2022, 10:44:52 AMI still think the best is yet to come. Adapting Scarface would be the antidote.

Antidote to what exactly?

Not that I'd protest an adaptation.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 15, 2022, 10:39:03 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 15, 2022, 09:52:08 AMElder Greyback. For such short screentime I want to know a lot more about him and his history. He looks like the Clint Eastwood of Predators.

Jungle Hunter, simply because his presence and menace are unmatched to this day.

And dammit, I like Falconer. I know Predators as a movie could be better but I've always liked the concept of him. I even like his robot bird thing. I see a lot more potential for him than the movie allowed.

In the Prodos boardgame/wargame, they rolled Falconer and Tracker into one unit (has a falcon bot, boosts hounds effectiveness), it's a really fun hero type to use.

Here's mine:

https://i.imgur.com/79e16nc.jpg
Never played it. But did you paint that? Really nice work if you did. :)  Being able to paint models is something I've always wanted to do but I'm rubbish at it.

Master

Master

It's all in praktice  ;)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 16, 2022, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 15, 2022, 10:39:03 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 15, 2022, 09:52:08 AMElder Greyback. For such short screentime I want to know a lot more about him and his history. He looks like the Clint Eastwood of Predators.

Jungle Hunter, simply because his presence and menace are unmatched to this day.

And dammit, I like Falconer. I know Predators as a movie could be better but I've always liked the concept of him. I even like his robot bird thing. I see a lot more potential for him than the movie allowed.

In the Prodos boardgame/wargame, they rolled Falconer and Tracker into one unit (has a falcon bot, boosts hounds effectiveness), it's a really fun hero type to use.

Here's mine:

https://i.imgur.com/79e16nc.jpg
Never played it. But did you paint that? Really nice work if you did. :)  Being able to paint models is something I've always wanted to do but I'm rubbish at it.

I did, and thanks.  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

clearly the answer is always predator 2

Kradan

Kradan

I'd argue Hopkins knew how to shoot the hell out of that Predator. Probably even more so than McTiernan

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 16, 2022, 07:50:44 PMI'd argue Hopkins knew how to shoot the hell out of that Predator. Probably even more so than McTiernan
Doesn't use repeated footage for one

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 16, 2022, 08:30:04 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Aug 16, 2022, 07:50:44 PMI'd argue Hopkins knew how to shoot the hell out of that Predator. Probably even more so than McTiernan
Wasn't rushing to get the title creature into his movie for one.

But strongly disagree with the original statement. Jungle Hunter is beautifully shot. The insert City Hunter face is goofy as balls.

Lionhart

Lionhart

City
Jungle
Guardian

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 08:32:59 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 16, 2022, 08:30:04 PM
Wasn't rushing to get the title creature into his movie for one.

But strongly disagree with the original statement. Jungle Hunter is beautifully shot. The insert City Hunter face is goofy as balls.

After the fitst one cat was out of the bag already so there wasn't much of point of hiding it in the sequel, was there ?

What do you mean by "the insert City Hunter face" ?

SiL

SiL

Who said anything about hiding it?

The closeups of City Hunter's face are an animatronic, not the mask worn by Kevin Peter Hall.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 08:32:59 PMWasn't rushing to get the title creature into his movie for one.

Am I misunderstanding something here ?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 08:32:59 PMThe insert City Hunter face is goofy as balls.

mOtHeRf**keR

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 16, 2022, 08:56:27 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 16, 2022, 08:32:59 PMWasn't rushing to get the title creature into his movie for one.

Am I misunderstanding something here ?
Yes, that was a reply to Omega mentioning reusing footage. They didn't have a lot of time to film with the Predator - and it didn't help that the suit was made quickly and often falling apart at the seams.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed