Predator Strength?

Started by (Bad Blood), Jun 17, 2022, 05:19:40 AM

Author
Predator Strength? (Read 4,029 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! I was just curious your thoughts, what is the maximum strength of a predator? I have read comics where a predator Ragdolls a 2000 pound buffalo, in the new Prey trailer the Predator lifts up a 1700 pound grizzly and I have seen them rip apart metal doors and concrete walls and lift up a 200 pound man out in front of himself with one arm as well as rip spines from bodies. So what would be the tonnage range there if you were to put a stamp on it?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I usually take for granted what movies showed us, the EU not so much.

Jungle hunter lifted that log while being mortally wounded. That's pretty amazing IMO.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Grizzly bears can be anything from 600 to 1700 pounds. The world record for a human weight lifter is 1100 pounds. So it's believable. This better be the limit though. I don't ever want to see a Predator lift a tank, that's too cartoony and unrealistic.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

True, however that bear was definitely on the larger end based on it's size, also the Predator was lifting via overhead press which currently the world record is 468 pounds, making the predator already in unrealistic levels of strength lol.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

I don't think we're gonna ever see them flip a tank unless it's something like the assassin. But for comparisons sake I'd say they're probably close to something like Captain America in terms of strength. Strong enough to bash through walls and lift a bear overhead, but probably isn't going to make like the Hulk outside of special cases like the Assassin.

Essentially if they're superhuman level they're on the lower end of things. Which is still pretty dangerous and all the more impressive they're as dexterous as they are.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Well we know they are at least in the 1 ton range seeing as they can lift a bison around. I would probably max them out at a possible 2 tons but not going into levels of like spiderman and stuff in the 5 ton range. Though in a comic a predator ran at a car and flipped it and ripped the top door of a tank off, so I mean take that how you will, they could be near Spiderman Strength.

Highland

Highland

You're basing everything off of a human level. If humans where twice the size ( A Predator basically) they could lift 4 times what they can now.

Now go look up what a Gorilla can bench press and you'll find that Bear was a Tuesday at the gym for the Feral Predator.  8)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Highland on Jul 28, 2022, 11:34:35 PMYou're basing everything off of a human level. If humans where twice the size ( A Predator basically) they could lift 4 times what they can now.

Now go look up what a Gorilla can bench press and you'll find that Bear was a Tuesday at the gym for the Feral Predator.  8)
So what your saying is Predator strength is more akin to mountain Gorillas correct? Which considering it lists Predators as weighing around 500 pounds and a silverback Gorilla about the same, your hypothesis has no argument from me, i think they would be about matched in ability and therefore...the predator is lifting bears at the gym like it's no big deal. 😎

Highland

Highland

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 30, 2022, 05:02:52 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jul 28, 2022, 11:34:35 PMYou're basing everything off of a human level. If humans where twice the size ( A Predator basically) they could lift 4 times what they can now.

So what your saying is Predator strength is more akin to mountain Gorillas correct? Which considering it lists Predators as weighing around 500 pounds and a silverback Gorilla about the same, your hypothesis has no argument from me, i think they would be about matched in ability and therefore...the predator is lifting bears at the gym like it's no big deal. 😎

I think if we take the strength of a gorilla and add a little "alien blood" tax, there's nothing I've seen in the movies that looks unrealistic.

It would even justify why the predator can move so fast through the trees. Just pure strength.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Highland on Jul 30, 2022, 11:33:44 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 30, 2022, 05:02:52 AM

I think if we take the strength of a gorilla and add a little "alien blood" tax, there's nothing I've seen in the movies that looks unrealistic.

It would even justify why the predator can move so fast through the trees. Just pure strength.
I think you're right, it makes perfect sense.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Discussion settled.

(Bad Blood)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Absolutely loved that visual.

Kradan

Kradan

Wonky CGI blood aside

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Looks fine to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed