Peter Briggs Talks Flintlock Predator 3 Pitch!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 26, 2021, 04:51:51 PM

Author
Peter Briggs Talks Flintlock Predator 3 Pitch! (Read 6,773 times)

Wysps

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 27, 2021, 05:38:55 PM
It sort of sounds like The Duelists with a Predator dicking around. Overall I'm just not sure you could hang a whole movie around that pistol.

Now, it's been a while since I've seen this movie, but I think that if it was done more in the fashion of The Red Violin it could stand a chance.  I know, completely different - but I could see a movie about the pistol itself working out in that way, of course with Predators taking the place of general misfortune and sadness like in the movie  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

I definitely prefer Prey's take, treating the weapon itself with importance to the overall narrative.

Cougerboy

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 28, 2021, 06:55:23 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 27, 2021, 05:38:55 PMIt sort of sounds like The Duelists with a Predator dicking around. Overall I'm just not sure you could hang a whole movie around that pistol.
The Red Violin

That was a great movie...but throwing that premise into the Predator franchise...I don't know, I'm not sure how it can work well. Wait... on second thought, actually it might just work...yeah you are right, if it is done well, they might just be able to make the concept work.

BlueMarsalis79

That's pretty much every Predator film, dropping him into another genre piece.

skull-splitter

I recall a local sci fi magazine saying that Robert Rodriguez pitched something similar, spanish gallion was being mentioned and the title back then (around 1998) was supposed to be Hunters from what I recall.

They probably mixed both pitches.

Corporal Hicks

The Robert Rodriquez Spanish galleon was the start of that crazy-ass Predators script set in the future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed