Inspiring Terror, Interview With Aliens vs. Predator 2 Developer Nathan Cheever – AvP Galaxy Podcast #100

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2020, 06:36:48 AM

Author
Inspiring Terror, Interview With Aliens vs. Predator 2 Developer Nathan Cheever – AvP Galaxy Podcast #100 (Read 9,949 times)

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 14, 2020, 03:44:54 PM
No, that's not Michael Bishop in AVP 2010 that's Karl Bishop Weyland, with the memories of Charles Bishop Weyland. AVP 2010 is clearly a part of the AVP/AVPR continuity/canon for that reason.

Michael Bishop is human in 2000/Monolith's AVP, the W-Y Report and Alien The RPG's continuity/canon so none of that (AVP/AVPR/AVP2010) happened in the current continuity/canon.

AVP 1999's Odobenus Station is also within the book, hoping a LV-1201 reference is also in it somewhere and a LV-742 reference is also in it somewhere. Also just using the Master Server Patch allows for 4K options, or manual editing likely if you wish.

Thank you. Well thought out post clarifying the extended universe timeline, or that Lance Henriksen is more than merely "Bishop the human" "Bishop the android" as is the common misconception- doesn't take into account canon.

Will jump on AVP-2 Master Server patch multiplayer, when not so busy.

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2020, 08:14:48 AM
Quote from: dinosauriac on Jan 13, 2020, 04:03:42 PM
I remember playing the demo for AVP2 that came with the Predator DVD back in the day and being instantly hooked. Really wish whatever is holding up a re-release would get resolved, would be a nice way to celebrate its upcoming 20th anniversary.

If I remember rightly that's was Darkness' first taste of the game too! My Dad had the demo from a PC gaming magazine, I think. That was where I played it!

Certainly was. I don't think I was even familiar with the AvP concept until I played the demo on the Predator SE DVD. It was just that. Being able to play as the Predator and all his gadgets that hooked me.

And yeah, it's certainly a testament to your character that you guys have managed to keep this podcast going for as long as you have when A/P is a very niche subject.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 14, 2020, 07:23:14 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2020, 08:14:48 AM
Quote from: dinosauriac on Jan 13, 2020, 04:03:42 PM
I remember playing the demo for AVP2 that came with the Predator DVD back in the day and being instantly hooked. Really wish whatever is holding up a re-release would get resolved, would be a nice way to celebrate its upcoming 20th anniversary.

If I remember rightly that's was Darkness' first taste of the game too! My Dad had the demo from a PC gaming magazine, I think. That was where I played it!

Certainly was. I don't think I was even familiar with the AvP concept until I played the demo on the Predator SE DVD. It was just that. Being able to play as the Predator and all his gadgets that hooked me.

And yeah, it's certainly a testament to your character that you guys have managed to keep this podcast going for as long as you have when A/P is a very niche subject.

Niche?!

Monster Man

SpaceKase

Ha! Awesome, thanks so much for the links to Nathan's website. I got the biggest kick out of seeing that Jace Teaser there with the music from the original trailer for Dark City, a favorite music piece of mine since 1997. Too great! Thanks again, guys! Happy 100!

The Old One

The Old One

I'm glad I installed it, when I did, right in time for the interview. lol

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 14, 2020, 07:23:14 PM

Oh it's not that niche, D! I've got plenty more topics to do!  :P

And thank you to everyone. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the episode.  ;D

The Old One

The Old One

It is niche, just look at the number of people here, and I'm glad it's this way.

Corporal Hicks

I tend to think that's more due to people moving away from message board based discussion and onto things like Facebook. I'm glad we've still got an active forum though. Facebook is too disorganized for me.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes true, but even compared to most other interests, I'd say it's niche?

RidgeTop

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Really enjoyed this interview.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 15, 2020, 08:20:19 AM
Yes true, but even compared to most other interests, I'd say it's niche?

I'd just argue not that niche. Especially not enough to cause a lack of discussion topics.

Eddie Bravo

We need a GoG port of AvP2!

KingKenny

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed