Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 409,925 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Feb 10, 2022, 10:40:21 AM
Ohhhh, same mate  :o.  I think it was Ivor Powell who rescued a lot of stuff from a skip after shooting was finished.  He wanted to grab as much as possible but it wouldn't all fit in his car.

I wish he tried to fit that one huge retracted landing strut prop into his car.  :laugh:

What a cool looking prop - used for the scenes on the planet's surface, Brett's death, and the cocoon sequence.

That sexy leg prop is ALIEN history.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 10, 2022, 11:55:25 AM
I wish he tried to fit that one huge retracted landing strut prop into his car.  :laugh:

What a cool looking prop - used for the scenes on the planet's surface, Brett's death, and the cocoon sequence.

That sexy leg prop is ALIEN history.

I don't think Ivor's wife would be best pleased if he had come home that evening with that  :laugh: But at the same time that would have been awesome  :D

I always find it difficult to watch the final moments of the 1979 Giger's Alien documentary where they tear down the Space Jockey/egg chamber set  :o :'( Only to then see them scoop the parts up with a forklift and dump it all in a skip. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If you can get on the film lots, it seems simple enough to go rescue stuff from skips! I know someone who has the console part of the telescope from Prometheus from that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's cool.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

Sweet

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Nice...

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Robert Skotak cleaning the original Derelict craft from Alien borrowed from Bob Burns ready to be restored and reused for Aliens.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So it looks like both arms were broken after it arrived from Bob's garden? Not Cameron that deliberately broke off one arm as was speculated?

Whatever became of the Derelict? As per my post above we know the Nostromo was restored and is now a permanent exhibit at Prop Store LA. But is the Derelict still around?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 06, 2022, 06:23:04 PM
So it looks like both arms were broken after it arrived from Bob's garden? Not Cameron that deliberately broke off one arm as was speculated?

Whatever became of the Derelict? As per my post above we know the Nostromo was restored and is now a permanent exhibit at Prop Store LA. But is the Derelict still around?

I believe both arms were removed at the studio as there is a picture online somewhere of the Derelict in Bob Burns's garden and both arms are intact.  I don't have the picture on me at this time sorry.  The below picture is an old picture of the Derelict being sold at an auction.  I can't remember what year the auction took place:

Not sure who or where the Derelict ended up.  Back when Dennis Lowe, Jon Sorensen, and Simon Deering were active on the old Alien Experience message board a few members tried to locate the prop but I don't think they had any luck.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I hope it didn't end up on the skip after Aliens wrapped.  :-\

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Ridley Scott & H R Giger on the Space Jockey set.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Apr 06, 2022, 07:38:02 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 06, 2022, 06:23:04 PM

I believe both arms were removed at the studio as there is a picture online somewhere of the Derelict in Bob Burns's garden and both arms are intact.  I don't have the picture on me at this time sorry.  The below picture is an old picture of the Derelict being sold at an auction.  I can't remember what year the auction took place:

Not sure who or where the Derelict ended up.  Back when Dennis Lowe, Jon Sorensen, and Simon Deering were active on the old Alien Experience message board a few members tried to locate the prop but I don't think they had any luck.

Doesn't it just make you sad seeing it in that state.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 08, 2022, 07:25:38 AM
Doesn't it just make you sad seeing it in that state.

Yes, :'( I'd like to know where this model ended up and see it restored as the prop store did with the Nostromo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed