Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Mar 28, 2022, 08:48:52 AM

Will you be celebrating it in any fashion?

Yes and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
4 (11.1%)
Yes and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
20 (55.6%)
No and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
2 (5.6%)
No and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
10 (27.8%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022 (Read 12,711 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2022, 10:24:58 AM
Also true, sadly we don't get much for anything that's not Alien, even the Aliens stuff tends to be things we have got before repackaged, apart from the JW Rinzler books.
I feel that's more Cameron dragging his feet on approving the 4K than anything.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2022, 10:06:28 AM
Pretty sure the whole Anthology documentaries thing only exists because of CDL's interested in Alien³ though, and ditto for the Special Edition, so that's not necessarily that true.
Fam it didn't even get a proper cleanup for the Anthology release, even A:R had more work done on it because the director was involved

we can like the movie all we want doesn't change the overall perception the studio (and director) has of it

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Omegamorph on Mar 29, 2022, 10:59:56 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2022, 10:06:28 AM
Pretty sure the whole Anthology documentaries thing only exists because of CDL's interested in Alien³ though, and ditto for the Special Edition, so that's not necessarily that true.
Fam it didn't even get a proper cleanup for the Anthology release, even A:R had more work done on it because the director was involved

we can like the movie all we want doesn't change the overall perception the studio (and director) has of it

Yeah I'm well aware. The situation f**king sucks.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2022, 07:36:03 AM
Good news! I actually got responses to my interview requests. One is a sure thing, the other is still being discussed.  :)

Sweet  :) Looking forward to this!

judge death

judge death

I have looked forward to the 30 year anniversiary of Alien 3, to me a underrated alien classic, a return to the gritty and dark atmosphere and making the xeno dangerous and a scary thing again. The assembly cut is easily one of my fave movies and I rank it above aliens actually. I saw it in hmm 2001? And liked it since then, but Ima  fan of the creature and not of newt and hicks, they are support actors to the main actors: xeno and ripley. So I didnt bother at all that they got killed.
Unlike most fans of that time who prefered dark horse comics that made Newt and Hicks and Ripley a xenomorph killing team and wiping them out in their hundreds with ease... I prefer that alien 3 had the balls to kill them.

(On that note: was it ever explained where ripley went and how she came back in aliens book 2?)

Also I saw a lot of commercials about the upcoming alien 3 and games of it to all consoles of which the one on game boy have stood up the best and to me is easily the best version and did many new things for the genre and gaming many overlook now.

Looking forward to the anniversiary stuff avpgalaxy and hicks, hmm I hope you get a interview with David fincher which would be a shock, or with morse :P

True that we havent got much of alien 3 materials since the quadriology, but they gave us assembly cut and on the bluray fixed the sound, I dont think disney will make anything more than that now, I dont see them doing what we have asked and Fox was working on and according to SM, had a screening to some test audience where the Xenos effects was fixed and looked good, nor a version from Fincher. Afterall disney wont be releasing those on 4K but on streaming only so......

Nor did we get a book of behind the scenes like Alien and Aliens got.

I feel that's more Cameron dragging his feet on approving the 4K than anything.
Well Disney wont be releasing it on Bluray anyway so no point in it.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I don't need an anniversary as an excuse to celebrate the underappreciated masterpiece that is Alien 3.  I celebrate it every damn day!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: St_Eddie on Mar 30, 2022, 03:05:35 AM
I don't need an anniversary as an excuse to celebrate the underappreciated masterpiece that is Alien 3.  I celebrate it every damn day!

Good man

Quote from: judge death on Mar 29, 2022, 11:48:08 PM
a interview with David fincher

I don't even dare getting my hopes that high

Corporal Hicks

Ha. No Fincher. But someone who worked closely with him during his tenure on the film.

Local Trouble

Walter Hill and Sigourney Weaver?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 30, 2022, 07:26:32 PM

The caterer who served Fincher his meatballs at lunch time.

judge death

judge death

Hill is sadly not with us anymore. :(

Looking forward to the interview, and all other anniversiary candy of alien 3. :D

Local Trouble

Hill is still alive.  Giler died in 2020.

judge death

judge death

I thought it was Hill, ah my mistake.

xeno_alpha_07

I was going to guess Ezra Swerdlow as well as Hill & Weaver.  But I could be completely wrong with Ezra.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed