Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,666 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: razeak on Feb 10, 2015, 11:11:39 PM
There is more to this story not listed above. Neil says it's a standalone story and he himself is the roadblock. So Alien 3 would probably be safe.

If it's a stand-alone sequel similarly to what Highlander III is to the Highlander franchise, then I'd be fine with that.

Doggo33

Oh wow I just read the previous comments. No, at the idea of removing 'Alien 3' and 'Alien: Resurrection'. The one thing you don't do when making a sequel, or prequel, if you want to make it good, is mess with the previous content. 'Prometheus' so horribly messes with 'Alien' and I like to imagine it doesn't exist. I count it as separate from the 'Alien' franchise. So please if you are going to make a sequel - make it a sequel to 'Alien: Resurrection'. That's a good palce to go from. It's very open. Whatever you do though, don't mess with the previous content.

RakaiThwei

Or do it as a stand-alone sequel which doesn't acknowledge whatever previous sequels came before, and doesn't connect with future installments in case future installments want to reference the ignored previous sequels.

windebieste

Titillating shots of a 60+ year old actress's inner thigh are gonna be great! 

They should just take all these aging actors and shove them all into one last mash-up movie and call it 'Raiders of the Lost Alien Terminators'. 

Chris!(($$))!

^ I do agree but I'm fine as long as Sigourney Weaver isn't the main character. A supporting role is fitting at this point in the franchise.

slaysaliens

Michael Biehn = awesome idea. trumps all other concerns for me. We're all already living in a world w/ Resurrection & AVP's & Prometheus I'm ready for Sigourney & Michael to team up against aliens again.  Just those two together already make up for over TWO DECADES of bad sequels, unofficial prequels, & multiple spin-offs.  I don't care if Channing Tatum, the Rock, & Melissa McCarthy show up in the last 30 mins, if it means Hicks & Ripley are back. Shit, I'm in, i'll donate to a damn kickstarter.

DaddyYautja

He would probably shoot an awesome power loader fight.

marrerom

Anyone else see how this was pretty genius move by Neil Blomkamp?  Leak a bunch of concept art online, say you've been mulling over the idea of an Alien film, get the internet buzzing over possibilities,  create positive press for the idea, and get the fanbase excited.

Then when fox says they are interested, decline and say you aren't sure, it was just an idea, blah blah blah.  make fox wait. let them feel the pressure. I think that  Neil Blomkamp used this leak as a ploy to get leverage so that he can obtain a budget that he wants for the film.

right? right?

Vrastal

Quote from: slaysaliens on Feb 11, 2015, 04:32:19 AM
Michael Biehn = awesome idea. trumps all other concerns for me. We're all already living in a world w/ Resurrection & AVP's & Prometheus I'm ready for Sigourney & Michael to team up against aliens again.  Just those two together already make up for over TWO DECADES of bad sequels, unofficial prequels, & multiple spin-offs.  I don't care if Channing Tatum, the Rock, & Melissa McCarthy show up in the last 30 mins, if it means Hicks & Ripley are back. Shit, I'm in, i'll donate to a damn kickstarter.

So much of this is wrong in so many ways.. we need a new fresh story leave ripley and the original 4 alone.refrence them sure but as bad ass as ripley or hicks are enough is enough.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 10, 2015, 09:38:42 PM
Collider has finally contacted Blomkamp about the concept art: http://collider.com/neill-blomkamp-alien-movie/

"There was a reason. I wanted to make that film. I still may make that film. [Laughs] It may happen. But I did it on my own time. Like when Chappie was winding down in post and I had available time, I started to work on it. It was also from talking to Sigourney [Weaver] during the making of this. I mean, I asked her about Alien all the time. Alien and Aliens are my favorite films. So I genuinely wanted to make that film, I came up with the story, I came up with way more art than I put out and I never officially spoke to Fox about it, but Fox wanted to make it. So, I kind of touched on it and I didn't know what to do, and I didn't know if I was just gonna go leave directing for a whole bunch of time and then I was like, 'I might as well put some art out.' But I may make it. I don't know. That's where it stands."

WOAH. READ THIS INTERVIEW:

http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/02/neill-blomkamp-alien/

Neill Blomkamp says FOX has already told him they will green light it! Like it's ALREADY a go and his affirmative is basically is all they are waiting on!! What's better is it seems like he is looking to agree! See below:

"Someone at Fox should listen to you about this.

NB: That's not the problem, actually.

What's the problem?

NB: Me. I'm the problem. Fox, they would make it. Like, tomorrow. They would make it.

So if you called right now and said, "OK, done."

NB: Yes. Then it would happen.

Would it be your vision, or do they have their own ideas?

NB: No, I think it would work out.

Then just do it.

NB: I know, I just have to mentally agree with that.

Then what's the problem here? I assumed there were obstacles, like maybe Ridley Scott wasn't on board.

NB: No, no, it's not politics.

Then let's do it.

NB: [Laughs] OK.

http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/02/neill-blomkamp-alien/

Local Trouble

I like that Blumpkin has a bust of the Giger version of the alien on his desk.  That gives me hope we won't see another ADI mutation or AVP:R ridge heads.

RakaiThwei

Well shit.. it's only a matter of time that they do this!  :o

I mean, we've got a Predator movie on the way, two Prometheus movies.. and if Blomkamp decides to it, we essentially get.. four movies! Just wonder what is holding him back? Does he have other projects or does he feel like he is not up to par?

marrerom

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 11, 2015, 06:35:25 AM
Well shit.. it's only a matter of time that they do this!  :o

I mean, we've got a Predator movie on the way, two Prometheus movies.. and if Blomkamp decides to it, we essentially get.. four movies! Just wonder what is holding him back? Does he have other projects or does he feel like he is not up to par?

Like I stated previously, this is a negotiation tactic. He's already got the media and public's interest. By not saying yes immediately and making Fox wait he's gaining leverage.

tankiefrankie.pulham

don't get me wrong, alien 5 is great in my books, but for me, alien res was fan fiction, and there shouldn't be Ripley, (or at least elen). for me alien 3 was the end of the saga, and res was a cute add on for fans, defo NOT cannon. ripley died and had her arc, i think they should explore AVP, as in reboot it to make sense in cannon. or perhaps go the alien isolation route and explore the kids of a crew member, kanes kids, or dallas's kids. that would be sweet!

Vrastal

Quote from: tankiefrankie.pulham on Feb 11, 2015, 07:23:13 AM
don't get me wrong, alien 5 is great in my books, but for me, alien res was fan fiction, and there shouldn't be Ripley, (or at least elen). for me alien 3 was the end of the saga, and res was a cute add on for fans, defo NOT cannon. ripley died and had her arc, i think they should explore AVP, as in reboot it to make sense in cannon. or perhaps go the alien isolation route and explore the kids of a crew member, kanes kids, or dallas's kids. that would be sweet!

fresh new story, plot and unrelated to the original 3 films except for Aliens and Weyland Yutani is what the franchise needs.

Mention the old events in passing MAYBE but keep it separate

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed