Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 149,915 times)

razeak

I'm all for all new characters. It could still reference events from the trilogy or be affected by those events. I could get behind Amanda Ripley also as long as it wasn't an actor from Glee. They need to get really strong casts like the first 3 films.

Shamo

I really kind of like the concept behind the Fan Art. I thought myself years ago, if I were to make an Alien 5 I would have Ripley on earth becoming a SPECIES like Gigersk Alien Queen Mutation- and its up to the others to take her down. One could even take the expanded universe into account and make some of her human family fight against the new Aliens. Ripleys Children fighting against Ripleys children.  :o

Son Of Kane

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2015, 09:49:12 AM
Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 04, 2015, 12:46:39 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 03, 2015, 11:58:45 PM
Wow, there's so much negativity on this thread, I'll sign it if just to say I want an Alien movie that isn't a cheap Prometheus rip.

Exactly! This looks cool as hell. Whoever thinks otherwise...I just worry about  :laugh:
That kind of desperation is what got us AVPr!   :laugh:

Exactly ugh.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2015, 08:06:11 PM
I think you're thinking Moore, not Golden.

THAT'S WHO I'M THINKING!

Yeah, I get the authors of the new EU confused.. I know of Lebbon and Golden but I completely forgot Moore.

Vrastal

IF were going to get a new alien film in any way shape or form make it something NEW. No ripley, no hicks. Leave them be theyre done.

Billions of people at that point in time and the universe decides oh this ripley chick i better show her whats what and make her face aliens..

No nightmare bull $#!!. new characters new cast. reference the original movies but for the love of god leave ripley, newt and hicks alone.

Predators, whether you like the film or not, did that right at least and referenced the first movie but that was it.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2015, 09:49:12 AM
Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 04, 2015, 12:46:39 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 03, 2015, 11:58:45 PM
Wow, there's so much negativity on this thread, I'll sign it if just to say I want an Alien movie that isn't a cheap Prometheus rip.

Exactly! This looks cool as hell. Whoever thinks otherwise...I just worry about  :laugh:
That kind of desperation is what got us AVPr!   :laugh:

*Vietnam-esque flashbacks ensue*

viendammage

Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 04, 2015, 11:17:59 PM
IF were going to get a new alien film in any way shape or form make it something NEW. No ripley, no hicks. Leave them be theyre done.

Billions of people at that point in time and the universe decides oh this ripley chick i better show her whats what and make her face aliens..

No nightmare bull $#!!. new characters new cast. reference the original movies but for the love of god leave ripley, newt and hicks alone.

Predators, whether you like the film or not, did that right at least and referenced the first movie but that was it.

Ugh, Predators referenced the original sure then proceeded to ape it's story,style, music and dialog making for a half sequel, half reboot instead an original story like Predator 2.  I'd definitely rather see a sequel to Aliens that cancels out 3 and 4 than some half baked attempt like that where you're constantly reminded how much better the original was.

RakaiThwei

I wouldn't mind a stand alone Alien movie that has NOTHING to do with the previous four movies and Prometheus, except for the Xenomorphs themselves.

Something entirely on it's own.

Jango1201

Cool for a movie but I don't want to see Ripley or any kind of piss poor A:CM explanation of Hicks being alive. Their story is done and as much I love Ripley, I do not want to see her again in another alien movie. Time to give the franchise a fresh start with fresh motives without being slapped in the face by a cash cow. Bring an in universe story that pays ultimate respect to the material with new faces and motivation.

thecaffeinatedone

I always thought that District 9 was one of the best adult sci-fi thrillers in recent years, tis a shame that he never directed an Alien film.

Chris!(($$))!

A reboot is seriously the only proper way to continue this franchise. And a reboot can remain in the same universe if it just doesn't try to use character that we like'd to see but we know we shouldn't.

whiterabbit

Seriously, how hard is it to just make a movie starring alien(s) and people! No predators or crossovers! Set the movie in any near future environment and location. No need to one up the scare/gore/rape factor either. Just try and make a good, coherent and entertaining movie or is that asking too much my dear movie engineers?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think a remake is needed. The originals continue to hold up to this day. The galaxy is a big place, nothing to stop them from doing a new series of Alien films (without the digits) and just having that as a quasi reboot (which is certainly what the AvP series needs, IMHO) rather than a fully fledged remake.

But I still want Ripley 8's story to be wrapped up before they do move away though. I do like the idea of her circumcising to her Alien side and becoming a bit of an adversary.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 04, 2015, 01:20:04 AM
Yeah. I love most of the design stuff a lot,but I can't say I'm fond of the idea of Ripley and Hicks coming back.

I'd love to see some of these ideas used in a non-Alien project, though.

We still having a living Ripley. Let's finish off her story.

ACM already showed up and brought Hicks back. It was bad. Let that dog lay to rest.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 05, 2015, 07:41:09 AMSeriously, how hard is it to just make a movie starring alien(s) and people! No predators or crossovers! Set the movie in any near future environment and location. No need to one up the scare/gore/rape factor either. Just try and make a good, coherent and entertaining movie or is that asking too much my dear movie engineers?

This. I don't see why people keep saying "WE NEED TEH REB00T!!" when there is literally endless possibility for more Alien stories that could quite happily co-exist with the existing films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed