Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,739 times)

T Dog

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 04, 2015, 02:48:15 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Jan 04, 2015, 01:44:19 PM
I think that although A3 was disappointing initially it has become a flawed but pretty good film in my mind.
Once you get over the deaths of Hicks and Newt I think the series would have probably ended the way it did anyway with Ripley dying or sacrificing herself. You can maybe assume that Hicks and Ripley would have died in 3 regardless of what movie came about.

I think a retcon or an alternative storyline just seems a bit silly and will muddle things even more than bringing Ripley back in Resurrection already did. I'd love to see Michael Biehn in another great role/movie and it pained me as a kid how he was rubbed out of A3 but bringing him back would just seem silly now.....how did they do it in Colonial Marines btw?

The whole idea of A3 is crap. Hicks being dead is the last problem of the movie. One of the most high security prisons in the universe - yet, not a single weapon on it - what the f**k. If it was some colony or something like that, a place with normal people, yeah it may lack weapons, but a prison without weapons? Yeah.. no.

Personally I would love to see Alien 3 set in some space station ala Omega from Mass Effect. With mercs, bandits, and other scum, security forces, civilians. Just imagine how much xenos they can get in that movie and what massacre they can represent. Epic last stand and battle scenes. Also Hicks and Newt would be alive. I don't mind Newt being the sole survivor in the end of the movie though. I can imagine a shuttle with Newt on board and the station blowing up behind it.

But Alien 3 was just talking 99% of the movie, CGI xeno (wtf bro) and overall the xeno was not that frightening like in the first movie. What I mean with this is that even one xeno can be scary but they couldn't pull that off again in A3.

Well it had become a colony and the prisoners had stayed there voluntarily.
Yeah the blue screen ALIEN looks really bad - has a weird green glow around it.
I think wether we like how it happened or not - THAT story of the original Ripley and Hicks etc is done. They are never coming back so all we can hope is that 3 medium-poorly rated films later (A3-Prometheus) that they can actually make another great ALIEN movie again.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 04, 2015, 02:48:15 PMOne of the most high security prisons in the universe - yet, not a single weapon on it - what the f**k.

Except it's not a prison. It used to be a prison, but the film makes it perfectly clear it's been closed down for years and the remaining inhabitants are there voluntarily. The company presumably took any weapons the security team would have had when they shut it down and evacuated most of the inmates - it's pretty obvious they've strip-mined everything else of any value.

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 04, 2015, 02:48:15 PMPersonally I would love to see Alien 3 set in some space station ala Omega from Mass Effect. With mercs, bandits, and other scum, security forces, civilians. Just imagine how much xenos they can get in that movie and what massacre they can represent. Epic last stand and battle scenes. Also Hicks and Newt would be alive. I don't mind Newt being the sole survivor in the end of the movie though. I can imagine a shuttle with Newt on board and the station blowing up behind it.

So basically you want Gibson's totally over-the-top and daft first script. No thanks. Gibson's second draft is ace, but the first reads like lame fan fiction once you start dealing with hundreds of Aliens.

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 04, 2015, 02:48:15 PMCGI xeno (wtf bro)

The Alien wasn't CGI at all, unless you count the single shot of it's head cracking at the end.

WinterActual

I never said they will "deal" with the hundreds of aliens  ;)

If the xeno wasn't CGI why it looked like added later on 99% of the time? I mean just compare the xeno from Alien to the one in A3.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 04, 2015, 03:47:40 PMIf the xeno wasn't CGI why it looked like added later on 99% of the time? I mean just compare the xeno from Alien to the one in A3.

It was a rod puppet miniature - a beautiful one, although you can't see it in the film. It's just really badly composited into the live-action footage.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2015, 03:34:23 PMThe Alien wasn't CGI at all, unless you count the single shot of it's head cracking at the end.

Seriously, this needs to be like a permanent announcement on the front page:

"Welcome to AvPGalaxy. The creature in Alien3 was not CGI."  :D

tmoldovan

Quote from: Sgt. Apone link=topic=52058.msg2030947#msg2030947

Why would they clone them?
[/quote]

So we can have a new movie.

As far as how hard it was to clone her 200 years into the future, a couple of things:

#1 that wasn't WY cloning her in AVPR. WY could have had better tech.
#2 clone in AVPR had alien DNA. That may have made it harder than cloning a human.

I'm just saying, if I'm supposed to believe that a scientist would pet a f**king alien cobra in Prometheus, I could believe an insertion like that.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmoldovan on Jan 04, 2015, 05:04:40 PMSo we can have a new movie.

Thinking like that is what got us Resurrection and Prometheus.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2015, 05:10:23 PM

We got.. four movies. Six if we count the AvP due to them featuring the creature.

I think six movies is enough.

tmoldovan

Quote from: tmoldovan on Jan 04, 2015, 05:04:40 PMSo we can have a new movie.

I know. Maybe I'd be willing to buy it just as an excuse to get Blomkamp to direct It.

Ok, obviously as this is just a thing I've thought up last night, I'm not going to push it. Consider this:

- the reason they were cloned, it was a Bishop android who did it without the consent of the company. Why would he do that? Maybe in A2 while communicating with Sulaco, Bishop sent an encoded message to other synths, "Protect Ripley". He valued her as a friend and a leader. I dunno, something like that.

- the company intercepts the lifeboat, decides to implant Ripley with a queen and sends her on a BFE planet to create a few dozen eggs for future research.
New queen, new eggs, low chance of it running out of control, Ripley who knew too much gets what's coming to her. Therefore we get A3, and a clean exit for new movies.

This is plausible enough to me where i'd buy it. Kind of like cloning alien and Ripley in A4 and transferring memories.

Visceral_Mass

I think it is reboot time.

Isn't that what they decided for Ghostbusters? That it was time to start over and rebuild the franchise for today's audiences.

I think that could work for the Alien franchise, if they approach it as a multi-movie project instead of tacking things onto the current franchise.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmoldovan on Jan 04, 2015, 05:33:04 PMThis is plausible enough to me where i'd buy it. Kind of like cloning alien and Ripley in A4 and transferring memories.

Or, alternatively, you could just make a fifth film without Ripley or Hicks and thereby avoid having to come up with utterly ridiculous scenarios like that to make a new film.

Circadian

They should take the Star Trek approach to the franchise and reboot everything after Aliens as an alternate universe.

viendammage

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 04, 2015, 05:25:09 PM

We got.. four movies. Six if we count the AvP due to them featuring the creature.

I think six movies is enough.

Nah, the franchise can totally go on.  As an in actual prequel, carrying on with Ripley and Hicks 30 years later, focusing on Colonial Marines, introducing new characters, environments, whatever.

Prometheus suffered because it was half prequel, half trying to set up something new.  Fox just needs to decide what they want out of it, a universe or a franchise.  As X-Men showed us, they're more interested in product than continuity though.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Circadian on Jan 04, 2015, 06:17:26 PM
They should take the Star Trek approach to the franchise and reboot everything after Aliens as an alternate universe.

Funny you mention that as I proposed a theory that there is more than one Alien universe (AvP being one of two of them). But a lot of fans don't seem to really either want to accept that idea, or find it too.. comic booky. The multiverse idea would solve a lot of the whole canon debates and continuity problems. Not all of them but.. a lot.

As for them taking the Star Trek approach? If you mean involving time travel.. No, just leave that to the Terminator franchise and Star Trek. If you're going to do a reboot.. do a hard reboot.  Robocop had a hard reboot not too long ago, and there are already multiple Robocop universes, even if not officially addressed but there they are.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 03, 2015, 11:35:05 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2015, 05:30:55 PM
I'd be really surprised if they retcon three and Resurrection, given that they just specifically elected not to do that when writing Sea of Sorrows.

Didn't they need convincing for their minds to be changed? Unless I am mistaken from what I've heard with the Golden interview.

I think you're thinking Moore, not Golden.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed