US AVPR Blu-ray seamless branching now fixed

Started by Keyes, May 23, 2015, 04:21:44 PM

Author
US AVPR Blu-ray seamless branching now fixed (Read 2,681 times)

Keyes

According to posts over the Blu-ray.com forum, the previous issues with the US AVP Requiem Blu-ray not being able to seamlessly branch all of the 'Unrated Cut' scenes has now been fixed. You don't need to buy a new disc, it's merely a firmware update that's for most players.

predxeno

I have a PS3 so how does that work for me?

Keyes

Quote from: predxeno on May 24, 2015, 04:20:05 AM
I have a PS3 so how does that work for me?

Update the PS3 via ethernet or wifi.

There's also talk that the disc may have been silently corrected and re-released, as some posters have noticed "V2" on the inside ring with their copies.

HuDaFuK

Do you have a link to the forum discussing it?

Keyes

HuDaFuK

Thanks, I'll have a read!

Keyes

Turns out Fox Home Ent. did a silent re-release of the disc not long after it's initial release, and fixed the seamless branching issue rather than it being a player firmware issue. Sorry for the confusion.

predxeno

How will I tell the difference between the different versions?

Keyes

Quote from: predxeno on May 29, 2015, 03:00:12 PM

A big difference between the two versions is Jessie's death. In the theatrical she gets impaled by the Predator shuriken and her whole body hangs on the wall, while in the Unrated cut her lower half falls away.

predxeno

Quote from: Daz85 on Jun 02, 2015, 10:01:11 AM

A big difference between the two versions is Jessie's death. In the theatrical she gets impaled by the Predator shuriken and her whole body hangs on the wall, while in the Unrated cut her lower half falls away.

Yeah, I know that part, I meant how will I know the difference when I purchase the fixed version.

Keyes

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 02, 2015, 05:12:06 PM

Quote from: Daz85 on Jun 02, 2015, 10:01:11 AM

Yeah, I know that part, I meant how will I know the difference when I purchase the fixed version.

Ah sorry. The matrix codes on the actual disc should say BVDL-1160820A1 BVDL-1160820B1 for the new version. From what I've read  buying either the most recent 2-film AVP pack from 2014 or the AVPR stand alone disc now should be the corrected version.

predxeno

Will there be any codes on the case that I can see?  I'd hate to buy the se glitches edition twice. :(

Keyes

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 03, 2015, 05:20:26 PM
Will there be any codes on the case that I can see?  I'd hate to buy the se glitches edition twice. :(

I don't know any more than what has been posted in that forum link I'm afraid!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed