What Alien film had the best blu-ray transfer?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 25, 2015, 06:59:39 PM

What Alien film had the best blu-ray transfer?

Alien (1979)
19 (79.2%)
Aliens (1986)
4 (16.7%)
AlienĀ³ (1992)
0 (0%)
Alien Resurrection (1997)
0 (0%)
Prometheus: Digital Transfer (2012)
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author
What Alien film had the best blu-ray transfer? (Read 5,290 times)

LastSurvivor92

I think out of all the films Alien looks the absolute best. The picture quality and definition for the film was remarkable. Even more so than Aliens blu-ray transfer.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Overall, Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Definitely Alien. It looked like a completely new film, like it was filmed recently.

Nightmare Asylum

Valaquen

I'd actually say ALIENS, because it was filmed on a quickly antiquated 16mm film stock and yet looks astounding; you can see Weaver's pores :P

Corporal Hicks

The grain was still quite noticeable in it though? From what I recall.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2015, 03:22:08 PM

Yeah, but film grain is a beautiful thing. I don't like to see it artifically removed if it's part of the film's visual makeup. The details were intact and then some and the screen has a gritty overcoat. I love it.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 26, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2015, 03:22:08 PM

Yeah, but film grain is a beautiful thing. I don't like to see it artifically removed if it's part of the film's visual makeup. The details were intact and then some and the screen has a gritty overcoat. I love it.

I agree.

Son Of Kane

Mr. Weyland

I think Alien, just slightly a bit better than ALIENS, just a bit. I was disappointed that the same amount of effort was not done with the restoration of Alien 3 and Resurrection, regardless if they are better films or not, they are both still visually amazing to look at. I always thought of these films ass pieces of art with a story.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Mar 01, 2015, 01:54:28 AM
I think Alien, just slightly a bit better than ALIENS, just a bit. I was disappointed that the same amount of effort was not done with the restoration of Alien 3 and Resurrection, regardless if they are better films or not, they are both still visually amazing to look at. I always thought of these films ass pieces of art with a story.

Resurrection is ass alright.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 02:38:34 AM
Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Mar 01, 2015, 01:54:28 AM

Resurrection is ass alright.

Undoubtely.

Corporal Hicks

Jeunet has a great eye - City of Lost Children is gorgeous - but he was just a poor match for Alien.

ash9426

My pick would be Alien. It looks stunning on Blu-ray. Like it was shot yesterday. Beautiful transfer.
Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Mar 01, 2015, 01:54:28 AMI was disappointed that the same amount of effort was not done with the restoration of Alien 3 and Resurrection, regardless if they are better films or not, they are both still visually amazing to look at.

Same here. Cronenweth/Thompson and Khondji did a great job on these movies. I hope we will get better transfers in the future.

predxeno

Jeunet actually wasn't consulted for the A:R Blu-Ray transfer and he was pretty pissed, condemning it as a bad DVD job for a Blu-Ray disc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed