Alien Anthology - Is It Worth It?

Started by WheresMahGum, Dec 10, 2010, 06:34:48 PM

Author
Alien Anthology - Is It Worth It? (Read 14,566 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 14, 2011, 09:38:54 PM
Is the Anthology worth it?
Certainly, definitely, immensely.
The definitive Alien saga set.
...until 4k  ;D

Tyrannosaur

I think it's worth every cent.

predxeno

predxeno

It's a good deal if you're an Alien fan.

First Blood

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 18, 2011, 05:19:22 PM
It's a good deal if you're an Alien fan.

Yes.

I just recently watched the special features for Alien 3 (many for the first time) and it was such a rewarding experience. I was completely entranced by Vincent Ward's original vision of a wooden planet run by monks, which I had no idea about. The special features alone...are worth it.  :)

Prime113

Prime113

Gettin it for my birthday in a few months. I'm pumped!

Fujimaster

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bat Chain Puller

No question.

Alien and Aliens are stunningly clear and balanced. You'll notice tidbits you never noticed before. It's almost like seeing it again, for the first time.

Alien 3 and Resurrection didn't get the same lavish restoration as the first two, but they are still the best transfers available today.

The bonus features alone are worth it to me. Especially since it gives you every bonus feature every previously available and adds (relevant) hours on top of that. The Alien 3 uncensored doc being the gem in my opinion.

Wrap everything up in a very sturdy, attractive packaging and there you have it.

Ryu

Ryu

I have some doubts, is this: I heard that the movies Alien and Aliens Resssurrection not have Portuguese subtitles, True or false?
The DVD extras are same as normal, or have extra, never before seen in the regular editions?
Or is it better to buy the Alien Anthology, or the Blu-rays separately or DVD versions are € 15.99 and are cheaper?
The statuette Alien / egg is a flashlight? It is presided by cones or turn on the power?

SM

SM

This has Portuguese subs and soundtrack

There's at least 4 hours of new extras - which are compiled outtakes from the Quad docos.  Plus other bits and pieces that are difficult to time.

As for statuettes - waste of money.

Space_Dementia

Aw its worth it alright, a fantastic set, only watched Alien and Alien 3 so far, but thats enough to show its money well spent.

ScottishXeno

Yes, bought Alien Anthology and Predator Anthology today for £32.

dryheat

dryheat

I have this bluray set. I watched Alien and Aliens so far. They look great, but I have to say in Alien, many of the scenes are very dark compared to the DVD version. Did anyone notice this?

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: dryheat on Apr 04, 2011, 03:20:46 PM
I have this bluray set. I watched Alien and Aliens so far. They look great, but I have to say in Alien, many of the scenes are very dark compared to the DVD version. Did anyone notice this?
Because they corrected the contrast and cleaned up dirty frames. The movie was supposed to be dark.

SM

SM

Alien has never looked so vribant as it does on Blu-Ray.

Fujimaster

At first I was like...

...and then I was like...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed