Alien Quadrilogy or Anthology set on Blu-ray???

Started by ebridwell89, Jul 23, 2022, 11:48:23 PM

Author
Alien Quadrilogy or Anthology set on Blu-ray??? (Read 3,206 times)

ebridwell89

What is everyone's opinion on this set?

Alien: Quadrilogy [Blu-ray] https://a.co/d/6icSRpB

I had the collector's edition of the original Anthology release (the one with the collectible egg) but had to sell it for financial reasons.

I want to own them all again on physical discs and have a $25 Amazon gift card. Is it worth getting for the movies alone or should I get an anthology set off eBay?

I'm waiting out for a hopeful 4K set in the future...

Thank you!

SiL

I'm reasonably sure they're the same discs.

ebridwell89

I am almost certain they are the same discs as well. I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Thank you!

Space_Dementia

Quote from: ebridwell89 on Jul 23, 2022, 11:48:23 PMWhat is everyone's opinion on this set?

Alien: Quadrilogy [Blu-ray] https://a.co/d/6icSRpB

I had the collector's edition of the original Anthology release (the one with the collectible egg) but had to sell it for financial reasons.

I want to own them all again on physical discs and have a $25 Amazon gift card. Is it worth getting for the movies alone or should I get an anthology set off eBay?

I'm waiting out for a hopeful 4K set in the future...

Thank you!

The Alien: Quadrilogy set has a special place in my heart... it was the first time I had spent my hard earned cash on an expensive physical release and just loved it, the special features, everything. To this day I still have it in my collection because of the quality of this release, from the contents and packaging. Can't really speak for the Anthology set.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Jul 24, 2022, 03:14:26 PMThe Alien: Quadrilogy set has a special place in my heart... it was the first time I had spent my hard earned cash on an expensive physical release and just loved it, the special features, everything. To this day I still have it in my collection because of the quality of this release, from the contents and packaging. Can't really speak for the Anthology set.

I also kept mine. The original aspect ratio for the feature-length documentaries, and for an outtake (Brett's death) - that wasn't carried over - to the Anthology set. More than reason enough to hang onto the Quadrilogy set.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed