More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 43,661 times)

KiramidHead

I like that they're not blowing cash on big names. It means the budget could be better distributed.

Corporal Hicks

While I'm not overly familiar with them all, they all seem to be talented and have accolades. I'd much rather a talented cast than a bunch of "big" names and get something like Expendables.  :-X

Xan21

Yes! I loved The Nice Guys so can't wait to see what Shane does next.

acrediblesource

Does anyone else think they may be doing a Stranger TThings kind of vibe with the next Predator with these cast members?
It would be too parody IMHO.Then what gives? I can't imagine anything else.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 08, 2017, 03:12:17 AM
Does anyone else think they may be doing a Stranger TThings kind of vibe with the next Predator with these cast members?
It would be too parody IMHO.Then what gives? I can't imagine anything else.

There will be a sci fi vibe and governmental workings explored some more I bet, but I'm pretty confident we're going to get a Predator film and not ET. They cast one kid and several adults so far (one adult being the lead). If they cast several kids and 2 adults and it took place in the 80s, I'd be worried. But they didn't, plus the script was turned in before Stranger Things was popular.

RaZorbakk

Decipher languages my ass.

Unless this kid swaps out the "want some candy scene from pred 2" by surprise mimicking a predator  like the autistic kid in The mimic  with the spoons.  Im still thinking  itd be better to just call this a mac and me sequel.
I hate kids. (Its cool. I used to be one) in movies where they run the risk of destabilizing the whole thing.  It worked in Aliens because Rebecca Jordan was the literal only survivor of hadleys hope.  She didnt have to be a genius. Or special. Or autistic  or even female.  She just had to be a scared kid  that fit into the cooling ducts. And im pretty sure  she wasnt the only kid to fit.  Just the only one that was still  ferreting around in there when the sulaco pulled into orbit.  What the hell was i saying.  Oh yeah.  Shane blacks a great writer.  But this isnt the nice guys.  I hated losing Avp time  to some asshole pizzaboy who was in love. And i would prefer not to lose 45 minutes worth of film to "i have a son.  He is autistic.  Have to save my son. Give me back my son.  We did it. Im glad your my son"

For those of you concerned with yautja culture. And predators losing their scary factor. What the hell are you talking about.  Predator is not scary.   The Alien is scary.  Because it can physically tuck you under it arm and will carry you off. It borrows traits from its host to better prey on that species.  .  Predator can kill you . yes.  Doesnt mean he will.  But unlike the Alien. predators show a capacity for individual thought. Broken tusk. Ahab.  Light stepper.  Wolf.  Hell even three spot.
I see so many complaints about not wanting to see predator in the kitchen.  You kidding? We saw predators . Twice on film . Disinfect  some wounds and put on a bandaid. And i dunno about you. But that shit was fascinating as hell.  Keep  the "new" weapons to a minimum. . Alien tail whips?  Dumbass shurikens. Under utilized  falcon drone.  Triple length  reversible wrist blades?  Spend that extra  special fx m9ney on mime lessons.  Kevin peter hall did more hopping from  root to root  by the lake in val verde or letting his arms swing at his sides before  taking his stance against king Willie to show thinking Alien mind. Than all the crap  the last 3 directors forced down our throats with. Posturing.  Fancy weapons.  Needless roars..   Ian whytes performance improved dramatically from avp to avp2. So much so i thought it was a different actor. ALIEN FILM. PREDATOR FILM. Good comics. Its gonna be a good year.

ace3g

Jacob getting his hands on some nice Predator gear, latest Instagram post below:

1h

jacobtremblayNo plans for tonight? #NoProblem! Go watch my baby sis #EricaTremblay in @BeforeIFallFilm! #InTheatersNow! #loveher 💜

ace3g

Darkoo

Darkoo

While we are here waiting for the trailer...

There is a funny  video from MTV.
Jacob Tremblay got a " Predator related " question  :P ( starts at 0:53)
So... Some predators are good.  :)
Which is absolutely true, based on the behind the sceen "spy" pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4z3vzEKfw&start=53

BigDaddyJohn

Haha, i guess good is a subjective term in this case

OpenMaw

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 03, 2018, 01:03:06 PM
Haha, i guess good is a subjective term in this case

It's the equivalent to this video:

We're the dear, the dudes are the Predators.

Darkoo

Jacob says, the aliens look so realistic in this movie.  :P
https://youtu.be/9KYngR_26ps?t=410

Whos_Nick

ADI built several suits for the regular preds

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed