"The Predator" VS "Predator Upgrade"

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 11, 2019, 09:03:09 PM

Author
"The Predator" VS "Predator Upgrade" (Read 3,443 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: Stitch on Dec 18, 2019, 04:35:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2019, 03:57:53 PM
From what I remember them mentioning, it was a case of they knew they wanted to call it AvPR to capitalize on the R rating and had to find a cool R word for the title.
Revenge. Renegade. Rampage. Raw. Retaliation.

Just off the top of my head, and they're probably more fitting.

I think you've already put more effort into the name than the creators did.

SuperiorIronman

From what I remember them mentioning, it was a case of they knew they wanted to call it AvPR to capitalize on the R rating and had to find a cool R word for the title.

I remember something like that. Requiem kind of works, but it needed a title a bit more fitting than what it got.

Kradan

Hmm, never heard of that !

Voodoo Magic

• COLIDER:  Can you talk just a little bit about the title? What is the Requiem part? Why Requiem? What is that referring to?

Colin Strause: It's kind of 2 things. One it was you know trying to show the more adult theme to the movie...

Greg Strause: The real answer we can't give you on record.

Colin Strause: Also it was supposed to make it more adult which is basically the big thing with the movie. The last one was a little bit more kind of a normal sci-fi where ours is much more of a darker town. I think you saw from that clip it's a lot kind of meaner of a movie.

https://collider.com/the-strause-brothers-interviewed-aliens-vs-predator-requiem/

Kailem

Kailem

I also remember them saying that they intended it to sort of be saying "we're done here" with regards to AVP being set on Earth and knowing that if there was a third one it would have to be set in space. Hence one of the original ideas for the ending being a scene set in the future where we would have seen Predators fighting Aliens on the Xenomorph home world.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: El Diablo on Nov 05, 2007, 02:33:04 AM
- The Fox moderator admitted that the film wasn't really meant to have the subtitle "REQUIEM" and that AVP-R really stood for the "R" rating.

https://avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=7915.msg138139#msg138139

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 19, 2019, 08:49:46 AM
Quote from: El Diablo on Nov 05, 2007, 02:33:04 AM
- The Fox moderator admitted that the film wasn't really meant to have the subtitle "REQUIEM" and that AVP-R really stood for the "R" rating.

https://avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=7915.msg138139#msg138139

I assume this is what Greg was referring to when he said "The real answer we can't give you on record."

426Buddy

It sounds like an idea that a 10 year old would come up with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed