Woodruff Talks About Future

Started by Darkness, Apr 05, 2008, 04:27:40 PM

Author
Woodruff Talks About Future (Read 14,180 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Nobody's really been able to think up a newer 'Predator' story which wouldn't recycle everything from the other films.

Alien³

Alien³

Stan Winston FTW!

Alien³

Alien³

Stan Winston FTW!

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Jim Thomas and John Thomas, come back and write us PREDATOR 3!

Colonial Badass

Colonial Badass

LOL. I cant believe what i'm reading here. A copo of peeps here said that alien 3 was there fav movie!! jesus! One even said that the alien looked the best in alien 3!! ha ha ha. Have you people got eye sight problems? Alien 3 had some terrible creature effects!!  I think that the aliens and predator looked fine in the latest avp movie! (on par with the original films) Dont get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the AVP movie franchise! They should never have set it on earth. Plus the directors arn't in the same league as cameron / scott. Should have been based on the original comic / book (AVP: Prey) if you ask me. I can only hope that AVP3 will be based on this (as its hinted they are now taking the franchise into space)  I think the bosses at 20th century fox must be a bunch of retarded monkeys to be honest, the fact that the first avp movie was pg-13 says it all. They should be dragged out back and shot! i've watched it once, never again will i soil my eyes with such garbage. at least avp-r had gore! still could have been a hell of alot better though

JordanLee

JordanLee

This seems like everyone is conforming to the same idea....ADI isn't responsible for the creatures horrid look aside the predators is AVP. You can only do so much design wise and creature wise. IT's the way they are shot and presented by the directors. It's shooting them. Stan winston's Aliens looked stupid and gaudy in normal light. It was the way Cameron shot it. So as for the "get Stan back" deal, think about it like this....How would stan winston's aliens look if the Brothers Strause had control over them?......think before you agree with every single person on here.   :-\  

JordanLee

JordanLee

P.S  Gort Pred, you seem to have no idea of what is good and what is bad.....go away

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

I can't believe how blinkered some of the comments on here are.  The ADI guys were working with Stan Winston studio on the second Alien flick and beyond. From a technical standpoint, the Aliens and Predators in AvPR are way beyond that of the older films. The creature suits have never had such mobility.   The amount of ACTUAL SUIT work in AvPR, considering the style of action, is very impressive.  Quite where the blind devotion to Stan Winston studio comes from I don't know. Some of Winston Studios more recent work has been less than impressive, and ADI isn't the only creature shop to usurp the throne.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Well Jordan, your right on some cases with the ADI thing and Stan, and its the directors who choose what design they want. Even if Stan did work on AVPR, they would of had him do the rigid heads still casue those are the ones they like. They said alot and i mean alot on how James is there inspiration to make movies.   ANd I do know what is good and what is bad. Sometimes it gets boring to have to be on guard on every movie that comes out to make sure its good. Sometimes its just something to just watch the damn thing. I love how most ppl here don't even notice my points. In the old alien movies they still look like guys in suits, and to hear the same ppl over and over and over again about how bad AVPR sucks is annoying and how it sucks all the positivty out of the ones who like it. You would get annoyed if every time you spoke about your fav movie and I kept on saying that your stupid for liking it and its the worst movie ever over and over.

brian

brian

gort pred rulesssss and so does predator 3 so why dont you make it foxxx

shred predator

shred predator

The avp preds faces look more like ants faces than mean, grim, killing machine alien faces!

JordanLee

JordanLee

Well gort, I'll have you know that I'm right on every case. Not just some. And you're opinion, unlike your grammar, is good and fine with me. But AVPR as a film, not so much. It is not an opinion that it is a poorly made film, it is a fact. Did I enjoy it? I got some aesthetic pleasure of seeing my two favorite monsters on the big screen again. Do I see it as a well-made film. Not at all.    :-\  

JordanLee

JordanLee

Oh and Gort, my favorite movies are usually very well made and have real actors/dialog/directors and are recognized as far superior films that something as bland as AVPR    ;)  

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Old alien suit look like suit?    ???   Sincerly, i find Alien & Aliens suit very true... more than AvP & AvP:R.  Is there a Big Fan there who live near Tom Woodruff and can close his mouth with a bullet in the face?   >:D  

Dallas01

Dallas01

I don't live near him, but I know exactly where the studio is in Chatsworth, CA. Its a cool place. Its just sad these talented people are letting bad and no talent filmmakers use there creations in bad films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed