Detective John Schaefer

Started by acrediblesource, May 25, 2020, 10:43:16 PM

Author
Detective John Schaefer (Read 6,276 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Who thinks Arnold, at his current age, would be ideal to play the role of Detective John Schaefer from the comics?
Would that be too far fetched? THe film would have to be take place in the year or so after the events in the first movie, but here ARnold will play his role. Could be interesting?
It would appear though that he basically looked alot like Dutch but with a trenchcoat.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Why would it have to take place so soon after the first film?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

To make it make sense, Arnold is super old now and any older....well. Brothers tend to be 2-6 years apart. I would say 4-5 years for them to be looking for each other (4 -5 years after the first film). At the same time, he was declared dead by his superiors. And if Dutch was trying to reach out to his brother he would do so with enough time to truely make him feel like he left him.

Seeming we are getting new story content from the man himself, I would be very interested in where the story of two brothers goes when one is presumed dead...the other brother is looking for him. Both look identical to each other but one is considerably more older. You get a sense how the eldest led his life, as both look the same, they might have led extraordinary lives.

The graphic novel had him face off with yautja in the 90s. He looked like JOhn was in his prime.

Logically people would think if Arnold would come back he would be too old for Dutch. But as his brother looking for this younger bro....would make a sick film!

and to top it off, maybe it could be the start of a  Cyberpunk/Blade Runner thing going on.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

I didn't follow all of that, but what I did follow, I liked. That would be pretty rad indeed.

Like maybe even make it a cyberpunk sort of "Expendables" with Schaefer getting a rag tag crew together to take on the corrupted pencil-pushers of their very own corporation-pocketed governments. Old Mother Earth is getting hotter and less motherly everyday, and it looks like some ugly mother-f*ckers just pulled back into town.

The authorities aren't stepping up or they're looking the other way. Maybe they've got some kind of sick backroom deal with the up-rezzed looking godless crab-heads; happily selling out the people they were sworn to protect, all so they can save their own bikini-waxed assholes and probably make some kind of tidy profit in the deal. Schaef needs a team who knows how to handle these kinds of tourists, so he calls in a few old friends to join the party. It takes some doing but he gathers up Garber and Keyes, Isabelle and Harrigan, and (Hank Azaria as) Fernando, a strange little chickenhead Harrigan picked up in Rio de Janeiro with a flair for the dramatic and an obsession for classic cinema and shiny kimonos.

They even pick up a couple more along the way. Danny Trejo as 'Chete, Cuchillo's avenging brother. "F*ck you, pendejo! You think all Mexicans look alike?", "I'm way prettier than mi hermano ever was.", "I'm a f*cking Mexi-can, not a Mexi-can't."

And finally Brigitte Nielsen, as the well-seasoned warrior Nadia Ligachev, formerly a Red, currently contracting out to anyone paying good money to kill anything bleeding green. But she's got enough scores to settle of her own that she's always happy taking this kinda work pro bono. Like 2010: Space Odyssey Two it's a near future where the Iron Curtain never dropped, and Crazy Ivan's still got a stake in the game. So grab your coats, and protect your scrotes, comrades! It's time to Party.

Hell, they should let the Sam Raimi take a crack at it.
Predator voice mimicry: <"You said you loved me, Schaef!">
Schaefer: "Baby, You got a Lot uglier."

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Wow, i gave your post another read because I couldnt read all of it at once before... there is alot there. But I like what you've written. It does add to the world building i was thinking of. I wasn't sure whether they would head back into the jungle. I was actually might be thinking they would head to Syria or some desert like in Blade Runner. but I like the how you've made Earth hot like some a disaster struck and triggered world wide global heating event coupled with it being in a distopian future where governments are desperate.
This could spark a fan made film starting with concept art!

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 02, 2020, 07:48:54 PM
Wow, i gave your post another read because I couldnt read all of it at once before... there is alot there. But I like what you've written. It does add to the world building i was thinking of. I wasn't sure whether they would head back into the jungle. I was actually might be thinking they would head to Syria or some desert like in Blade Runner. but I like the how you've made Earth hot like some a disaster struck and triggered world wide global heating event coupled with it being in a distopian future where governments are desperate.
This could spark a fan made film starting with concept art!

yeeeagh, yeah man, sorry about that text bomb. I'm off my adhd meds at the moment and seriously feeling it, so I'm a bit more 'extra' than usual, and quite frankly this forum and fandom is seriously my therapy. But yeah, Thanks man!

They never pin down the cause in Blade Runner lore, but in the PKD stories it's based on, the world has become the way it has primarily (but definitely not exclusively) because of World War Terminus, a global nuclear war that takes place sometime in recent memory just prior to the story, WWT ended when "The Dust" was released by an unknown agency and proliferated across every continent, it took its initial toll by killing off many humans, and almost all the animals, but by the time the dust settled, the big corporate push for migration to the Off World colonies really took off, just in-system mind you, no FTL.

Many of those affected by the Dust were killed, but of the survivors many were mutated, often disfigured and sometimes enhanced perceptually, like the mutants on Mars from Total Recall and the three precogs from Minority Report. They were deemed Specials and were banned from migrating off world, pejoratively they were called "Chicken-heads", and the inspiration for J.F. Sebastian was one of them. Some BR theories claim that Gaff is another one. In the prequel novel Alien: Covenant – Origins Alan Dean Foster makes some oblique references to these folk and their abilities in reference to the main cult leader of OTBD, and to Corporate employment policy regarding people manifesting these capabilities. Kinda cool.

In the lore of Blade Runner proper, and the AvP lore, the continued environmental degradation is the result of ubiquitous unregulated corporate dystopia in which humanity lives.

Fortunately we've got heroes of the people to fight back against the Politico-Corporate pencil-pushers and the generally "soulless minions of orthodoxy".

This aesthetic, 100% (skip ahead to 0:53 onward)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Blade Runner being PKD makes me think of what stories he made are part of that shared universe. That would be interseting if everything he wrote was part of one big complete picture but i'm sure it is not. But again, Total Recall was and there Arnold is.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 05, 2020, 04:15:31 AM
Blade Runner being PKD makes me think of what stories he made are part of that shared universe. That would be interseting if everything he wrote was part of one big complete picture but i'm sure it is not. But again, Total Recall was and there Arnold is.

Did you check out that sweet Running Man clip?

And yeah, Philip K Dick was a sorely troubled prophetic mad genius, like Abdul Alhazred. "Do Android's Dream... is directly connected to his short stories "We Can Build You" and "The Little Black Box", but I need to read a lot more of his stuff before I can speak to any of the other stuff.

At a glance Minority Report and "We Can Remember it for You..."(Total Recall) are a fit but don't quote me on that. I'm in the middle of "Second Variety" right now, which got adapted into the movie "Screamers" from 1995, I still need to watch that one! But for as far as I've gotten I can totally see how this story could have been one of Cameron's inspirations for "Terminator", there's a lot of similarities.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

If we're going to bring old Arnie back, why not just have it be Dutch and have it be years later? I don't see a point in introducing his brother into the series. There's just no point to that.

Having Dutch be an old man who's been hunting these things all over the world all his life would make for a more interesting story to me. An old gunslinger who's running out of juice. "You're getting old, Dutch.... You're getting olllldddd..." "Bewllll schitt!"

426Buddy

426Buddy

Dutch and his brother both played by Arnold in a buddy cop predator sequel!

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2020, 01:49:43 PM
Nah. Make it a twins sequel. John Schaefer is Danny DeVito.

Master

Master

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 18, 2020, 05:50:08 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2020, 01:49:43 PM
Nah. Make it a twins sequel. John Schaefer is Danny DeVito.

:D :D :D best comment of the day

overthere

overthere

More like detective John Kimble

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: overthere on Jun 19, 2020, 03:56:21 PM

The Hunting Grounds dlc will come with tactical ferrets as his special weaponry.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jun 20, 2020, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: overthere on Jun 19, 2020, 03:56:21 PM

The Hunting Grounds dlc will come with tactical ferrets as his special weaponry.

Kindergarten Cop got me into Woozles. I have four fuzzbutts. I would be totes happy if we could have tactical woozles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed