The Predator Begins Shooting Today!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2017, 11:07:06 AM

Author
The Predator Begins Shooting Today! (Read 10,701 times)

Corporal Hicks

Today marks the first day that The Predator goes in front of cameras in Vancouver, Canada. Shane Black and Fred Dekker’s new Predator film is scheduled to film in Vancouver until the 15th of May.

We don’t know how much of the filming is taking place at Vancouver but it’s safe to assume that it’s the bulk of it considering how long the shoot is. According to Boyd Holbrook, some of The Predator will also be shot in Mexico – presumably as a stand-in for Cuba at the start of the film.

The start date for The Predator was pushed back three times. It was initially scheduled to commence filming on the 26th of September but was pushed back to the 17th of October and then again to today.

The Predator begins shooting today! Artwork by Daniele Afferni.

In addition to confirming filming would start today on Twitter, Shane Black also reaffirmed his commitment to the R-rating (something we reported back in May 2016) with a very straight forward tweet: “just to be clear… PG-13 is for pussies. Spines bleed… a lot.

The Predator is currently scheduled for release February 9th, 2018. Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

Dreadlock Holiday

Excellent news!  8)

Cereal Killer

Hopefully we get news of the whole cast this week.

Corporal Hicks

Black did mention that we should get more cast announcements this week.

The Wolverine Predator

He responded to me on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

predator88

Hopefully the news about the genetically modified predator are false and they make a movie that is at least decent.

Master

I'd love some bts pics.

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping Black will treat us to the social snap via Twitter.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Very eagerly awaiting this movie, somewhat cautious regarding the alleged leaked plot details, but I'll keep and open mind, wait and see how it turns out.

Cereal Killer

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 20, 2017, 12:11:10 PM

He responded to me on Twitter

Yeah I just saw that. Tried myself getting few things answered... have had no luck lol.

Does anyone know what normal happens on the first day? Black seems pretty cool on twitter posted a photo with him and the script this morning to confirm it was him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 20, 2017, 01:13:17 PM
Hopefully the news about the genetically modified predator are false and they make a movie that is at least decent.

Hopefully it's not 10ft and cgi.

Johnny Handsome

Announced in 2014, finally the cameras start rolling today.

I hope Black posts a nugget or two while filming, just a pic of a clapping board with a logo would be cool.

Feeds On Minds

Hope this means we get a teaser with Alien: Covenant.

dallevalle

great that they started shooting but damn im not feeling that cast at all....

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 20, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Hope this means we get a teaser with Alien: Covenant.

It's unlikely. I wouldn't expect the Trailer won't be until much later this year.

overthere

The movie is already getting a "wtf is this" response on reddit just from the cast picture. I say you're all oblivious to the fact this is just what the Predator franchise needs. Every comment there is "wtf is this, their body mass is shit, all weak guys" stuff like that. People who think like that think what Predator franchise needs is another exact same installment, a bunch of buffed up guys who die one by one.

I think this movie is going to be a lot of fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed