Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 12:50:11 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 111,129 times)

Huol

Huol

Spoiler
I call bullshit on the rubber Joes exposed faces though, fair enough the emp grenade doesn't work on them but I wasted a few batteries trying to stick their face with the prod.
[close]

esz

esz

I loved the section you're talking about. It let me take a breath after all those intense moments and I think it was needed just to break up the (insufferable) tension. Besides, it was important story-wise. And I really like Joes, they're creepy as hell.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Just completed it on hard, and I must say it's probably my personal game of the year so far, I felt it did damn near everything perfectly.

R Lar

R Lar

I love when

Spoiler
You first entered the hive! I don't believe any game has done an alien hive this well or at least look very similar to the movies.
[close]

MrLee

MrLee

im doing this quite slowly due to not having all the time in the world. I put the coolant system into use, now im running around in that dark reflective downstairs place, so scary haha. Really great game. 

Tip. Dont try to Stun Baton the alien (you get a trophy though).... it fails.

Hudson

Hudson

Just finished the game. This isn't even a spoiler:

That ending was garbage.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I'm currently writing my review of the game.  In the meantime, I've put a video together, expressing my feelings on Alien: Isolation.  It's an interpretive review, which utilises the medium of music to best express my thoughts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMUyoh9qII#ws

Predboy

Predboy

I finished the game, and boy oh boy was that game absolutely amazing. Loved every bit of it...well almost anyway. Normally I'd give the game a 9/10 but because I played on the PS3 version, all of the game play and audio lag that just straight up RUINED the game at times makes me drop it down to a 7/10.

Valaquen

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic article, as expected. Glad to hear your enjoyed it. Completely agree with you. I really think C.A needs to try an Aliens approach next too.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Finished the game last night. Played the PC version maxed out.

Where do I start with this review? Yeah... forget the monumental failure called Aliens Colonial Marines, and make way for a masterfully terrifying game called Alien Isolation.

Alien Isolation did the nearly impossible, which made the Alien scary again. This game captured the dark atmosphere of Ridley Scott's Alien film and expanded it almost perfectly, which is an extremely pleasant surprise. This was by far the most terrifying Alien game ever made, the best Alien game to come out since the 1999 AVP Classic.

Sorry to say though the ending was anticlimactic, maybe the DLC expands on the ending more, but even if it does I hate when games do this. Sometimes the Alien can piss you off, but most of the time you're rewarded with an actual shit in your pants scare before it kills you, so it's not so bad. Unlike survival horror games like Evil Within that take great pleasure in trolling you and trolling you some more, still doesn't scare you.

I must say when entering the Alien hive for the first time, I was seriously impressed. I couldn't help but pause and imagine what Aliens Colonial Marines could have been like if Creative Assembly would have had the project instead. I would love to see Creative Assembly do an ALIENS Isolation as a sequel to this game using the same engine.

Imagine a simulator type game being a Colonial Marine with just enough ammo to take the fight to the xenomorphs. A mixture of stealth, tactics, action, and coop with a friend. Imagine driving an APC and fight inside a flamethrower powerloader.

Shut up and take my money, that would be one hell of a sequel and redemption. 

9/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So I haven't played this yet, but figured this was the best place to ask.

I'm probably not going to be getting a new console for a while (maybe as far away as this time next year, when Halo 5 comes out), but lately I've kind of been itching to play this game. Considering getting it for the 360, so that I can play it over winter break in a few weeks.

Would you guys recommend the 360 version, or should I hold out until I get a One?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I myself am holding out until I get a One.

There probably isn't much difference other than the One version likely looks slightly more pretty, but I'm holding out because as much as I'd like to play it now, I don't want to pay $70 for the Xbox 360 version, then pay another $70 when I want to play it on the One since it's now the current generation of consoles.

I say if you're not bothered by such things though than go the 360 route if you want, I know I've been tempted to, it calls out to me and stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I'm probably gonna end up waiting... I'd love to play it, but I might as well experience it the best way possible.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 23, 2014, 01:50:47 AM
Yeah, I'm probably gonna end up waiting... I'd love to play it, but I might as well experience it the best way possible.

I've played both. One is slightly cleaner but not massively noticable. One version has been patched though. 360 hasn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed