Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012

Started by ikarop, Jan 26, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

Author
Colonial Marines Moved to Autumn 2012 (Read 44,003 times)

newbeing

Well that's a switch :P jk

I was kind of expecting this and I'm sort of glad that it happened as the demo was kind of rough around the edges when we saw it.

WinterActual

This is not a surprise. Then in Autumn it will be delayed for Q1 2013. In Q1 it will be delayed for Autumn 2013. In Autumn 2013 it will be delayed for Q1 2014. In Q1 it will be delayed for Autumn 2015. In Autumn 2015 it will be delayed for Q1 2016. In Q1 it will be delayed for Autumn 2016. In Autumn 2016 it will be delayed for Q1 2017. Then FINALLY we may see a release but I guess they will realize that we are already in the "next gen" so it will be delayed for sometime later for the next gen because U3 is already obsolete  >:(

when was it supposed to be coming out?

perhaps they are planning on releasing it in conjunction with Prometheus's DVD/BD release?

it makes sense though, Autumn is a better selling time of year, September would be good, a good couple of months before CoD comes out, probably similar to Prometheus's home release, and a good amount of time for GBX to add finishing touches to the game.

Lonely Universe

f**k it then. I'm out.

Someone post that Hitler video.

So sick of this.

alanwu1233

Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 26, 2012, 01:38:31 PM
This is not a surprise. Then in Autumn it will be delayed for Q1 2013. In Q1 it will be delayed for Autumn 2013. In Autumn 2013 it will be delayed for Q1 2014. In Q1 it will be delayed for Autumn 2015. In Autumn 2015 it will be delayed for Q1 2016. In Q1 it will be delayed for Autumn 2016. In Autumn 2016 it will be delayed for Q1 2017. Then FINALLY we may see a release but I guess they will realize that we are already in the "next gen" so it will be delayed for sometime later for the next gen because U3 is already obsolete  >:(
You remind me of Diablo 3 :-\

Prime113

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 26, 2012, 01:38:51 PM

perhaps they are planning on releasing it in conjunction with Prometheus's DVD/BD release?

it makes sense though, Autumn is a better selling time of year, September would be good, a good couple of months before CoD comes out, probably similar to Prometheus's home release, and a good amount of time for GBX to add finishing touches to the game.

There's gotta be an end to adding the finishing touches, man. They've been working on this damn game for 7 years now. That's plenty of f**kin time.

Lonely Universe

You can just count me out on ACM. I'm sick of the delays and I'm not buying in protest.

Aliens fans have waited too long on this game for Gearbox to cop out now and try to ride on the release of Prometheus to sell copies. 

I urge everyone to cancel their pre-orders until today's delay is retracted.

Prime113

Personally, I don't agree with their strategy at all. I mean, now people are going to have to choose between a $30 Blu-Ray and a $60 game. Not a lot of people can spend that much money on entertainment in one week.

Darkness

Autumn isn't a surprise, really. It was always going to be after Prometheus. I just get the impression that when we get to Autumn, it'll be delayed until the following year or something.

I'm not happy with how Sega has handled this game though.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 02:23:49 PM
There's gotta be an end to adding the finishing touches, man. They've been working on this damn game for 7 years now. That's plenty of f**kin time.

you don't really think somebody worked for that game 7 years and that non-stop?
that's naive.

Prime113

No, I didn't mean it as you said it. But, the excuse of "we just need to get the finishing touches done" is, well, bullshit on a game that has been in the pipeline for 7 years.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 02:53:53 PM
No, I didn't mean it as you said it. But, the excuse of "we just need to get the finishing touches done" is, well, bullshit on a game that has been in the pipeline for 7 years.

after the disastrous release of duke nukem, which I personally enjoyed very much, as long as they think this is the time they need for polishing the game, i see no problem with this.

of course, i am excited as hell about the game, but we're all adults now.   :D
i have to wait 2 more months more than you to see prometheus in cinema. that's a pain in the ass and very unfair  :'(

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 26, 2012, 01:38:51 PM

yes there has got to be an end, but the release date is decided by Sega, and is decided by when they think releasing it will earn them the most money, if it's now delayed, they can make the game as complete as glitch free as possible before release, instead of after, like most games seem to do these days, with patches etc.

newbeing

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 02:53:53 PM

Yeah, but the game hasn't been in dedicated development for 7 years. It was announced in 2006, but according to interviews they started dedicated development sometime in early to mid 2010.

I'd rather a delayed game then a rushed piece of garbage.

On the other hand I agree that at some point the expectations accumulated from anticipation start to run the risk of exceeding the actual product. Releasing in Fall also runs other risks, such as a larger amount of competition.

Maybe Sega thinks it can compete with the big boys, which to me is not such a bad sign.

At least we're not waiting for Half-Life  2 episode 3 :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed