New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,769 times)

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

This sounds like the grandest, and likely most expensive scene in the movie. I seriously doubt it was intended to be an extra for the  bluray release

zoidy

zoidy

typo alert Hicks
"when the fun. comes out"  ;)

shawsbaby

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 31, 2017, 10:48:33 PM
This sounds like the grandest, and likely most expensive scene in the movie. I seriously doubt it was intended to be an extra for the  bluray release

Agreed. And it's really odd they ever considered excising it from the film.

zoidy

zoidy

Wait, who says they considered excising it from the film?

shawsbaby

Quote from: zoidy on Mar 31, 2017, 11:25:37 PM
Wait, who says they considered excising it from the film?

A second round of test screenings reportedly had the scene removed from the film, perhaps to create more ambiguity. Up until yesterday, it had been assumed that it was indeed cut from the film's final version; now we have reason to believe it remains intact.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 09:27:01 PM
This isn't some minor scene though. This is a plot defining extravaganza.
Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 31, 2017, 11:00:53 PM
Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Mar 31, 2017, 10:48:33 PM

Agreed. And it's really odd they ever considered excising it from the film.

It's a total moneyshot and leaving it out isn't akin to pre-infestation Hadley's.

I hope this is in the final cut!

zoidy

zoidy

@shawsbaby

ah, that makes sense thanks

Denton Smalls

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 31, 2017, 08:45:39 PM
You've just answered yourself.

Wasn't my intention to enlight you about anything anyway. I was just giving my opinion on why it would be better to remove such scene from the theatrical cut while giving the perfect example that it was aliens, and that imo it will be eventually removed

Find a 1986 Aliens promo featuring sentry guns and Hadley's Hope and your reasoning would make at least some sense.

Because there isn't one. You don't market a theatrical release showing extensive footage that will end up on the cutting room floor and on the Blu Ray.

Just because you blindly dislike a scene you haven't viewed in the context of a film you haven't viewed, doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.

You sound like you really know what you're talking about, though. Fox editing is awaiting your application.

Predaker

Predaker

I don't think the pre-infestation scenes of Hadley's Hope are a good example at all. Leaving those out actually added to the mystique and left it completely to the audience's imagination. They weren't thematically important, either.

By keeping the bombing scene we get to see the ship in action and not just crashed in the woods. With Ridley at the helm this should be visually impressive, as well as fitting nicely with the grander themes being presented. Also it could potentially ratchet up the tension or dread when the crew first encounters David.

newagescamartist

It's silly to think this won't be in the movie. This close to release they're showing some of their cards to build hype ( and it's working ). They aren't going to preview huge narrative sections like this to just remove it at the last second. That's essentially throwing money/time/resources down the toilet. Won't happen. This will be in the movie.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 01, 2017, 01:30:46 AM
I don't think the pre-infestation scenes of Hadley's Hope are a good example at all. Leaving those out actually added to the mystique and left it completely to the audience's imagination. They weren't thematically important, either.

By keeping the bombing scene we get to see the ship in action and not just crashed in the woods. With Ridley at the helm this should be visually impressive, as well as fitting nicely with the grander themes being presented. Also it could potentially ratchet up the tension or dread when the crew first encounters David.

You misinterpreted. The example was deleted scenes not being advertised as part of the movie. Hence why we never saw Mr. Jordan getting facehugged in a preview or even heard about it until way after.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 01, 2017, 12:47:57 AM
Because there isn't one. You don't market a theatrical release showing extensive footage that will end up on the cutting room floor and on the Blu Ray.
The first trailer of Rogue One [in]famously features almost no footage from the final film in it, outside of some effects shots.

Alien has a giant floating egg that's nowhere in the movie.

Predators has Royce covered in targeting lasers, despite only one appearing in the final film.

Etc.

fernandito

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 01, 2017, 12:47:57 AM

Find a 1986 Aliens promo featuring sentry guns and Hadley's Hope and your reasoning would make at least some sense.

Just because you blindly dislike a scene you haven't viewed in blahblah I just doon't know what im talking about blah blah BLAAHHH!!..

blahblah etc
ssshhh quiet kid, and listen to the ones who really know how this actually works:

Quote from: SiL on Apr 01, 2017, 06:23:36 AM
The first trailer of Rogue One [in]famously features almost no footage from the final film in it, outside of some effects shots.

Alien has a giant floating egg that's nowhere in the movie.

Predators has Royce covered in targeting lasers, despite only one appearing in the final film.

Etc.

Darth Vile

That's true. I guess this is more to do with how much of the film was locked down before editing. Some films only take shape during editing, some have very tight scripts where pretty much everything makes it to the final cut. Rogue One had substantial re-shoots; so it's no surprise that footage seen in trailers didn't make it to the final cut. I guess David wiping out the citadel is a key scene that Scott, at one point, believed showed too much? It's obviously difficult for us to assess merits without the context... but if they are using it at events such as this, it suggests to me that it's in the film. It would be rare to find an example of a full scene being used for promotional material, and then for it to be exorcised completely. 

SiL

SiL

Quotessshhh quiet kid, and listen to the ones who really know how this actually works:
Man, don't be a dick about it :-\

TV tropes has a pretty great list of missing trailer scenes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MissingTrailerScene

And apparently there were 46 bits of footage in various Rogue One trailers that didn't make the final film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed