The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 35,406 times)

Master

Quote from: Sgt Harry G Wells on Feb 23, 2016, 03:04:57 PM
A Predator stalking Father Christmas and his Elves through Lapland on Christmas Eve with the finale taking place at some docks? Lol.

With this Father Christmas? That would be great.

https://vimeo.com/16878465

Sgt Harry G Wells

With the Predator tauntling Father Christmas with his own "Ho ho ho".

overthere

Quote from: Mike on Feb 23, 2016, 05:02:43 PM
True but not if your talking about the Berserker Predators that kill without honor and anything in sight unless your extremely lucky they let you go.

Yea, those are disgrace. They make no sense. Why would they go through all the trouble of getting the prey on a remote planet if they're just going to barge in at the end and slaughter everyone?

And they don't care for honor and fair play, yet one of them had a sword fight...and lost. Super Predators my ass.

OpenMaw

Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2016, 07:46:25 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 20, 2016, 06:55:00 PM
If they do get him back...

...I want them to follow through on the original intention behind Predator 2. Have Dutch on a vendetta to kill these things whenever they pop up. He's been doing it ever since "the incident."

I'd also want him to get killed. Oh yeah, I said it. Kill Dutch.

No, man, killing Dutch would ruin everything. He didn't go through everything just to be killed later. Plus, I don't think Predators would kill him, he earned their respect.

Everybody dies sooner or later, and I hardly doubt Dutch would sit on his ass and not try to figure out what these things are. It's better than his alternative end where he died of radiation sickness in some backwater hospital.

The Predators would kill the shit out of Dutch because A. they have no idea who killed Anytime, and B. They kill people with guns who try to kill them. They're not going to stand there and go "Oh yeah, you already killed one of us, we totally respect you and won't try to kill you ever again."

Harrigan could just as easily be marked for another hunt if another Predator came back and started hunting in LA. There was nothing in the end that said he was given a life-time pass, only that he had survived that one hunt and for that he was granted respect. If anything that would make him an even bigger target because he would be a super badass trophy to hang on the mount. An alpha buck.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 23, 2016, 06:22:48 PM
Everybody dies sooner or later, and I hardly doubt Dutch would sit on his ass and not try to figure out what these things are. It's better than his alternative end where he died of radiation sickness in some backwater hospital.

The Predators would kill the shit out of Dutch because A. they have no idea who killed Anytime, and B. They kill people with guns who try to kill them. They're not going to stand there and go "Oh yeah, you already killed one of us, we totally respect you and won't try to kill you ever again."

Harrigan could just as easily be marked for another hunt if another Predator came back and started hunting in LA. There was nothing in the end that said he was given a life-time pass, only that he had survived that one hunt and for that he was granted respect. If anything that would make him an even bigger target because he would be a super badass trophy to hang on the mount. An alpha buck.

I disagree. Dutch is the last person Anytime saw with his mask, and let's assume his mask records and transmits everything he sees. They know he took his mask off and they know he never came back. It's easy to put 2 and 2 together and figure out Dutch killed him.

Look, humans are only dangerous because of their weapons. In a one on one fight they're bound to die, they can't match a Predator physically. Dutch got lucky the Predator was toying with him, he could have killed him right on the spot and be done with it. Humans may be fun to hunt but there's no way they think Dutch or Harrigan could do what they did again. They got lucky (or in case of P2, Predator was a victim of poor writing). There's nothing special about Dutch or Harrigan. There's no reason for Predators to consider them more worthy prey because they'd surely kill both Dutch and Harrigan without a problem if they really wanted to kill them.

But since the two of them managed to somehow win, they're given a pass. Predator has nothing to prove by killing them, but it fits into the whole honor code to let them live.

And Dutch doesn't have to die from radiation. It's not a rule.

Master

Predator in second film died because of his  overconfidence. Just like jungle hunter, celtic and bsp.

OpenMaw

Quote from: overthere on Feb 23, 2016, 06:39:23 PM
Dutch is the last person Anytime saw with his mask, and let's assume his mask records and transmits everything he sees.

Let's not make assumptions.

Look, humans are only dangerous because of their weapons.

So are Predators.

Humans may be fun to hunt but there's no way they think Dutch or Harrigan could do what they did again.

They did it once, they can do it again.

They got lucky (or in case of P2, Predator was a victim of poor writing).

No. No he wasn't. City Hunter fell to his ego the same way Jungle Hunter and Celtic did.

There's nothing special about Dutch or Harrigan. There's no reason for Predators to consider them more worthy prey because they'd surely kill both Dutch and Harrigan without a problem if they really wanted to kill them.

For sport. You're forgetting for sport. They cull the herds until they find the golden egg.

But since the two of them managed to somehow win, they're given a pass. Predator has nothing to prove by killing them, but it fits into the whole honor code to let them live.

Nowhere on display in the films. They follow the same general rules of hunters, and showed Harrigan a little respect for being strong enough to take one of them down. That does not mean they couldn't decide to turn their ship around and another hunter come after him. Like I said, bitchin' trophy.

And Dutch doesn't have to die from radiation. It's not a rule.

No shit.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 23, 2016, 07:57:45 PMLet's not make assumptions.

Is it an assumption when the novel of the second book says that's exactly what happens?

CthulhuQueen

The title's ok, not sure what I'll abbreviate it to though? TP?  ???

My personal wish list includes:
- A new setting, don't mind where, past, future, just different from anything we've seen in the previous films.
- Predator survives the film. Come on he deserves it!
- Some new snippets of predator culture but without demystifying it all.
- Predator hunting ET T-Rex type badass prey
- Donald Trump's head on a trophy wall.

Whatever we get I'm stupidly excited for it.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 23, 2016, 07:57:45 PM

So are Predators.

Take away their weapons and they will still kill a human just by physical strength.

They did it once, they can do it again.

They won the lottery once. Highly unlikely they'd win again. And bare in mind they are 70+ years old. That would be really silly if a Predator gets defeated by a 70 year old.

No. No he wasn't. City Hunter fell to his ego the same way Jungle Hunter and Celtic did.

Danny Glover should not be able to kill a Predator under any circumstances.

For sport. You're forgetting for sport. They cull the herds until they find the golden egg.

It's not in the spirit of sport to defeat a much older, out of shape and practice opponent. That's like beating up Muhammed Ali today thinking it's fair because he was a good boxer.

Nowhere on display in the films. They follow the same general rules of hunters, and showed Harrigan a little respect for being strong enough to take one of them down. That does not mean they couldn't decide to turn their ship around and another hunter come after him. Like I said, bitchin' trophy.

They respect him and let him live. No point in going back 30 years later to finish something they could have done then and there. And you're making an assumption about how they get to choose when and where to hunt.

I just don't think killing Dutch and Harrigan 30 years later is of any interest to Predators. They don't care about an individual Predator, they don't seek revenge, and there's no sport in killing 70 year olds. Just not something that fits their image. I'd be really disappointed if Dutch went through all that just to be killed later.

Sgt Harry G Wells

I agree 100%, Queen.

happypred

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 20, 2016, 02:46:58 AM
How about a group of Predators discover an Engineer outpost and get exposed to the black goo, leading to mutations and shit, then a bunch of space marines led by Bruce Willis and still alive Hicks show up and flamethrower the shit out of them, with Willis shouting "Yippe-ki-yay, motherf**ker!" as they burn.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2016, 07:59:03 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 23, 2016, 07:57:45 PMLet's not make assumptions.

Is it an assumption when the novel of the second book says that's exactly what happens?

Novels are not canonical.Besides the script, mentioned that the bomb doesn't have radioactive fallout.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed