The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 35,413 times)

Infected

So seeing that picture of the original predator from Predators,
they are going for the prequel story of the captured predator by the super predators LoL

you

you

What a terrible title...Predator 3 (cause Predators doesn't count) or Predator 4 are better than this. Did they even try..SMH

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 18, 2016, 12:16:29 AMHopefully this won't be sold to kids, keep it R rated or we're bailing out.

I'm hoping Deadpool may go some way to reversing the "let's just PG-13 everything!" trend that ruined so many films during the last decade or so.

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, outside of the first AvP I don't think we've really suffered from that. Well, I guess the major over-compensation of AvPR could be called suffering too.

Mike

Mike

Did anyone ever play the Avpr Psp game it was really enjoyable I thought and the weapons as Wolf Predator were cool and what you could do to the Aliens. The hospital scene was cool were the Aliens were

RagingDragon

The Predator, huh?

Really on the fence. At first, I kind of groaned. Smells like a reboot, which would make me throw up all over myself and die, but it sounds like it's going to be a legit sequel.

I also like Shane Black, but it's hard to trust anyone in Hollywood anymore. I'm constantly amused that even ye' old Ridley Scott, if you listen to his interviews and comments, is constantly talking about the pressure from executives to get asses in seats and make money.

I still hold him accountable for Prometheus, but I can't imagine the pressure involved from the money-handlers during filmmaking. Even for someone with Scott's prestige, it's got to be a rough environment for any real creativity to shine.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 22, 2016, 06:21:54 PM
The Predator, huh?

Really on the fence. At first, I kind of groaned. Smells like a reboot, which would make me throw up all over myself and die, but it sounds like it's going to be a legit sequel.

I also like Shane Black, but it's hard to trust anyone in Hollywood anymore. I'm constantly amused that even ye' old Ridley Scott, if you listen to his interviews and comments, is constantly talking about the pressure from executives to get asses in seats and make money.

I still hold him accountable for Prometheus, but I can't imagine the pressure involved from the money-handlers during filmmaking. Even for someone with Scott's prestige, it's got to be a rough environment for any real creativity to shine.
You make a good point, which is why I do not believe the newer films will shine like the old ones do, like the executives want them to. This is crucial because they want the kind of success that Disney is having with their various cartoon movies as well as the recent Star Wars acquisition.

I hope Shane Black will remember why the original was so special and try not to be a carbon copy like AvPR and Predators did while not ignoring the prior lore in favor of a "new direction."

Sgt Harry G Wells

No matter when or where it's going to be set you know there's going to be a fight scene at some docks just like in all of his previous films, lol.

HuDaFuK

It better be set at f*cking Christmas, too.

Whiskeybrewer

I just had a vision of Santa's head in the Predators bag lol

Mike

Mike

We need Major Dutch LT Harrigan and Mercenary Royce captured and put to the Ultimate Test on a Predator Planet. The 3 Baddest of the Baddest, all Masterminds in there own right. All have survived the almost impossible circumstances. This would be there hardest task yet. They would all have to get on the same page if they are to survive Predators Fury and what surprises are waiting for them on this Planet. Dutch Harrigan and Royce would be in the Ultimate Nightmare.

Sgt Harry G Wells

A Predator stalking Father Christmas and his Elves through Lapland on Christmas Eve with the finale taking place at some docks? Lol.

overthere

Anyone who thinks having Dutch and Harrigan fight Predators again is a good idea doesn't understand what Predators are about. They survived, they killed the Predator who was trying to kill them, they won. Other Predators respect that, that's why they let Harrigan live and gave him a trophy of his own too (though it would have been fair to get the Predator's skull instead of an old gun, but fine).
If there were other Predators in the jungle with Dutch, they would have come and paid their respects too.

Matter of fact, they still owe Dutch a trophy. That's probably what the new movie is about. An exhausted Predator who was obviously in a hurry rings Dutch's doorbell and says "Sorry I'm late", hands him a trophy and leaves.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: overthere on Feb 23, 2016, 03:45:57 PM
Anyone who thinks having Dutch and Harrigan fight Predators again is a good idea doesn't understand what Predators are about. They survived, they killed the Predator who was trying to kill them, they won. Other Predators respect that, that's why they let Harrigan live and gave him a trophy of his own too (though it would have been fair to get the Predator's skull instead of an old gun, but fine).
If there were other Predators in the jungle with Dutch, they would have come and paid their respects too.

Matter of fact, they still owe Dutch a trophy. That's probably what the new movie is about. An exhausted Predator who was obviously in a hurry rings Dutch's doorbell and says "Sorry I'm late", hands him a trophy and leaves.

He gets Billy's skull back lol

Mike

Mike

True but not if your talking about the Berserker Predators that kill without honor and anything in sight unless your extremely lucky they let you go.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed