AVPR Japanese Marketing Design Development (hi-res images)

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 30, 2021, 09:58:24 AM

Author
AVPR Japanese Marketing Design Development (hi-res images) (Read 7,780 times)

RidgeTop

Stumbled upon this one with some nice high resolution imagery of the AVPR (or as it was known in Japan, AVP2) marketing designs. These are from the portfolio of Manabu Inada. Some of you have probably seen a few of these before but I've never seen them in this resolution. There are also some unused designs that I haven't seen.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/81609571/AVP-2-Key-Visual-Development?fbclid=IwAR2X-V6TC6eRaGfeHloOdpia55LxXeeMpLwmMQ3JzSlgv-bDWoMLZwVHhr4

"Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem is a 2007 American science fiction action film directed by the Brothers Strause. It is a sequel to the 2004 film Alien vs. Predator and the second and latest installment in the Alien vs. Predator franchise. I was responsible for the entire key visuals for the Japan campaign. Follow the color theme Blue and Green from the previous film. The movie title was changed to AVP 2 in Japan Market."

"Advanced Poster visuals."

"Advanced Poster visuals. The copy says "A New Type Descended"."

"New Hybrid Aliens detail was photo retouched to add shades. It emphasizes the mysterious and scary mood for teaser visuals. The mix of Green and Blue fog background indicates this new type is a hybrid of Alien (Green) and Predator (Blue). This visual was also used for print magazine campaign in U.S market."

"Character Poster of New Alien (Predalien) and Predator. Bright splash color indicates the blood color of each species."

"The Predalian Character Poster. The image was collaged (Head, Torso, Arm, Tail) from various photos to create an action pose."

"The Predator/Cleaner Character Poster. The image was collaged (Head, Torso, Arm, and Armor) from various photos to create an action."

"Launch Poster Key Visuals."

"Launch Poster Key Visuals. The landscape of the building, Military vehicles, and Special Ops team was added on the design. Those design elements express, The story will develop into the center of the city."

"Original Art work for Launch poster."

"Concept Art of The Advanced poster."

"Concept Art for Character posters. Humans are in the middle of the Alien and Predator."

"Concept Art for Character posters. Bold Japanese characters express battle royale feeling."

"The shot from the actual film (Left). Notice Fluorescent green blood on the Predators helmet. The idea of the Character poster was coming from these photos provided from the Twentieth Century Fox Marketing team."

"Early Concept Design for Launch Poster."

Kradan

I like silhouetted Chet poster quite a bit actually. Even besides insert obvious joke here

Also, kinda curious how Japanese reacted to all the horrible violence and gore in the movie ? I've heard they have some weird fetishes over there

SiL

Dude, no worse than anyone else.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 30, 2021, 09:58:24 AM

"Character Poster of New Alien (Predalien) and Predator. Bright splash color indicates the blood color of each species."

If only these were tentacles instead of dreads..

Kradan

I was literally thinking that Chet's dreadlocks could remind Japanese of tentacles

[cancerblack]

If anything, the mass embryo implantation stuff makes me think "Japan" more than anything else in the movie.

But that says as much about my habits as it does theirs.

BlueMarsalis79

Darkness

I've still got a tube with a few of these posters.

That AvPR quiz was great. I came home and found like 10 tubes of posters.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 30, 2021, 07:32:51 PM

Yeah I remember that enormous poster tube that eventually arrived. I'll always kick myself for messing up with the timezones for that final quiz, I was so ready to win one of those statues.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 30, 2021, 07:04:09 PM
Beautiful stuff.

Sure make movie look much more exciting than it actually is

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

I remember when these were first released. It's a pity the international market didn't really pick up on them.

One good thing about AvPR was all the competitions. I got a Hot Toys AvP Alien from a "Create your own tagline" one.

"So hardcore you'll go impotent, or your money back".

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 30, 2021, 07:32:51 PM

Mine had long disappeared and I don't know where they went. Was so gutted because the Japanese one was easily one of my favourite Alien/Predator posters.

BigDaddyJohn

Wolf looks so good.

happypred

I really like the two below but think they'd be even better with darker shading to silhouette Wolf and Chet a tad more

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed