What do people have against this game?

Started by predxeno, May 18, 2010, 11:08:12 PM

Author
What do people have against this game? (Read 30,706 times)

Edvin

only does it not rape the canon, and not only did it make me leave the franchise for years, i didnty play videogames for years, because this game was the worst game, i have ever played. it is an insult to my role as a fan of the predator-franchise and lore, and me as a gamer.

The game has awful missions, piss-poor AI, stupid story, worthless design, and even worse Game-design, but the wost of all is the controls. i dont want to play my ps2 anymore,because it reminds me of that awful game.

i didnt even sell it. i effin threw it out.

writing this made me sad. this is what i have against the game.

echobbase79

Quote from: Edvin on Jan 21, 2012, 10:26:13 PM
only does it not rape the canon, and not only did it make me leave the franchise for years, i didnty play videogames for years, because this game was the worst game, i have ever played. it is an insult to my role as a fan of the predator-franchise and lore, and me as a gamer.

The game has awful missions, piss-poor AI, stupid story, worthless design, and even worse Game-design, but the wost of all is the controls. i dont want to play my ps2 anymore,because it reminds me of that awful game.

Curious to know how it rapes the cannon? I haven't finished the game so I'm a little lost there.

Crazy Rich

I don't remember the video games being officially recognized as canon anyway whether it rapes or not, it's just a fun video game.

I loved the game, I eventually got good enough to play on the hardest difficulty with no upgrades effortlessly. My only beaf with it was the alien levels. I love aliens, probably more than predators, but this a Predator title not an AvP one, it's like they ran out of ideas for new enemies or something. Perhaps the graphics could have been better but I'm not really bothered by it at all.

predxeno

What I have against this game now is the practical impossibility of getting The Six Pack trophy (7 people not 6, which I think they producers initially intended but worded wrong) and the XP glitch that makes you lose XP.

Crazy Rich

... this is about Concrete Jungle not AvP2010.

predxeno

Oh, oops.  My bad. :-[

Le Celticant

The issue with PCJ is first a matter of graphics.
I think this game looks very very horrible.
But since everything does not depends on graphics, I could have forgive it.
The other thing that probably pissed me off were this kind of "high tech" humans.
The whole vision and mood of the thing just felt wrong.

IMO, they should have stick also with the story line in the years 1900s
I really enjoyed the first mission and some later where you come back into the past.

The alien at the end also kinda ruined the experience.
I was firstly so excited to see some alien in a predator game but when I realized how the AI does work I was like...  :-\

Though, I think the overall gameplay was well made.

spinksy

Quote from: Edvin on Jan 21, 2012, 10:26:13 PM

What a load of rubbish - sure the game is far from perfect but writing stuff like 'it's the worst game I've ever played' is just stupid!

I got this from eBay (again) yesterday for a luagh and I'm quite enjoying it again! I'll admit the story is laugh able but ignoring that there's alot of cool features in this game (probably more so than AvP 2010 game).

For £6 off eBay it's a bargain :-)

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm enjoying the hell out of it!!! I'm at the level where you have to fight the aliens and it's hard as hell. But I've got a kick out of this game. And the storyline isn't that bad either. The only level that I thought was stupid was the one where you follow the Hispanic drug dealer.

But other than that great game!!!!

Just conquered the game and I'm curious if they'll make a sequel with the way it ended? Also, loved the last fight on top of that statue.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

My biggest flaw with the game is that graphic texture is bad since it looks dated even in 2005. I also hated the camera, if those two where fix then I would love the game much more.

mastermoon

I think this game is way too hard I can only make it to level 8.

predxeno

Maybe I can help; I beat the campaign, got all the upgrades, beat all the rituals, etc.  Which level is that again?

ShadowPred

The game was fun, the reasons why a lot of folks don't like it are obvious to me, but I think it pretty much boils down to if you're a fan of the Predator. The only way I got by the game is by pretending to actually be the Predator. The movies helped out a lot in how the play the game. I really doubt that I would get anywhere or find any fun in it if I just went around trying to run and gun the enemies everywhere at all times.

mastermoon

This game is just too hard.

1.Timed missions.
2.So many things to collect.
3.The Player must do a perfect job.
4.Most secrets are hard to find.

There is like 30 levels.

predxeno

Just look up faqs online and they provide most if not all of the answers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed