Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,555 times)

Local Trouble

I know, but I still don't think it was very clear.

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2019, 12:31:53 AM
The nukes went off everywhere.  ???

Hhhm.  I thought they were originally and only went off like in one mountain ranger or some shit actually.

That is even more foolish if true, earth would be useless. 

Local Trouble

This is that of which he speaks...

Spoiler
[close]

SM

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 04, 2019, 01:22:39 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 04, 2019, 12:31:53 AM
The nukes went off everywhere.  ???

Hhhm.  I thought they were originally and only went off like in one mountain ranger or some shit actually.

That is even more foolish if true, earth would be useless.

I think they changed it for the novel that they only went off in that one mountain where the Queen Mother had called all the Alien to.

Local Trouble

Was the novel more coherent than the comic?

426Buddy

Didnt the Space Jockey start trying to terraform the earth back to health so he could take over?

SM

The Jockey started cooling the climate to terraform Earth for itself before Ripley set the nukes off.

The novel spent a long time faffing around on Gateway from memory before they went to the Homeworld.

Perfect-Organism

Man it would be great if DH gave another crack at a story with a similar premise to the original Aliens comics but it was about engineers and it didn't go down the ridiculous path it did.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed, but it's gone ridiculous even recently, The Rage War and the Titan Alien Novel Trilogy for instance.

Local Trouble

They can't help themselves.

SM

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 04, 2019, 02:41:22 AM
Man it would be great if DH gave another crack at a story with a similar premise to the original Aliens comics but it was about engineers and it didn't go down the ridiculous path it did.

The premise being they go the Alien home world, meanwhile they already invade Earth and the planet is evacuated.  They then find a way to wipe them out.

Which bit was ridiculous?

Local Trouble

When you describe it like that, it sure sounds a lot better than the story Alien 3 gave us.

The Old One

The Old One

The truth is more nuanced.

Local Trouble

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 04, 2019, 03:42:25 AM
When you describe it like that, it sure sounds a lot better than the story Alien 3 gave us.

As a premise it is a lot better than the story Alien 3 gave us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed