Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2019, 02:32:05 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Aliens: Colonial Marines: Rising Threat! (Read 60,558 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: muthur9000 on Sep 26, 2019, 12:26:07 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 24, 2019, 09:45:29 PM
I don't know. I feel a little bit bad for people blamed for sexual harassments. You know, their career is destroyed and nobody talks to them or answer the calls anymore . I know it's deserved but ...

I don't know about you but that should be motivation enough not to f**king do it in the first place maybe? =_=
Plenty of other humans managed to go throughout their entire life without violating others for personal gain.

But I think it's not a way to improve a person. Turning the man into absolute monster, shouting "guilty, guilty !" without even trying to understand where the problem comes from probably solves this particular case but not the problem of
sexual harassments  in general

And sexual violation is popular ( and perhaps won't be in another 5 -10 years ) topic nowadays that helps to distract society's attention from more important problems.

Purely my subjective opinion .

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 27, 2019, 09:21:49 PM
I don't know. I feel a little bit bad for people blamed for sexual harassments. You know, their career is destroyed and nobody talks to them or answer the calls anymore . I know it's deserved but ...

I don't know about you but that should be motivation enough not to f**king do it in the first place maybe? =_=
Plenty of other humans managed to go throughout their entire life without violating others for personal gain.

But I think it's not a way to improve a person. Turning the man into absolute monster, shouting "guilty, guilty !" without even trying to understand where the problem comes from probably solves this particular case but not the problem of

And sexual violation is popular ( and perhaps won't be in another 5 -10 years ) topic nowadays that helps to distract society's attention from more important problems.

So it's not his fault he sexually assaulted women by using his position - it's everyone else's fault for calling him out on it.

Sexual violation is a popular topic because it should be.  Too many men got away with their bullshit for too long.  If all they do is lose their job, they should think themselves lucky.

If you think it's not important enough and just a distraction then you're part of the f**king problem and should f**k all the way off and get better '"subjective opinions".

426Buddy

426Buddy

Well said SM

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Sep 27, 2019, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 27, 2019, 09:21:49 PM

So it's not his fault he sexually assaulted women by using his position - it's everyone else's fault for calling him out on it.

Sexual violation is a popular topic because it should be.  Too many men got away with their bullshit for too long.  If all they do is lose their job, they should think themselves lucky.

If you think it's not important enough and just a distraction then you're part of the f**king problem and should f**k all the way off and get better '"subjective opinions".

Well, it's still subjective I guess . Thanks for civility

SM

SM

You're still here.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 27, 2019, 10:02:37 PM
Well said SM

Cheers.

Samhain13

Samhain13

It might be time to let this thread die just like the comic.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 27, 2019, 02:30:49 PM
Dark Horse Alien comics without Tristan Jones:

I'd be all in for a Tristan Jones written and illustrated comic or series with Alien or not. I think DH would be mad not to let him do more, cause he obviously does beautiful work and the fans love him.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, give us the graphic novel he pitched to you.

Local Trouble

Maybe they could just adapt TCF in the meantime.  Would T-rex be willing to illustrate that?

The Old One

The Old One

I'd love that, certainly.

Nostromo

Just read half of the new Terminator: Sector War TPB w/Brian Wood. It was the same ole bam bam ptiuuu ptiuuu boom boom snackle mfkin pop crack. Story was as recycled as the recycling found at a burnt site. Thank GOD this guy is out.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 29, 2019, 11:43:13 AM
Just read half of the new Terminator: Sector War TPB w/Brian Wood. It was the same ole bam bam ptiuuu ptiuuu boom boom snackle mfkin pop crack. Story was as recycled as the recycling found at a burnt site. Thank GOD this guy is out.
Sector War sucked, I read the TPB recently as well. Aside from getting some movie details wrong, he literally had a Terminator character monologuing (sp?) at the protagonist for some reason. More than once.

"Another Terminator shows up in 1984, targeting someone else" has been done before and done better (Terminator: One Shot, Terminator: Enemy of my Enemy). Brian Wood couldn't even be bothered to give a reason why Skynet wanted the protagonist dead other than a generic "she's important in the future somehow"; at least the aforementioned stories came up with clever reasons for people getting targeted for termination.

Sector War has a couple neat moments (the Terminator assaulting the gang-controlled high rise) but other than that it's one of the worst Terminator comics in recent memory.

SM

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 29, 2019, 11:43:13 AM

I dunno.  I'm not about to get revisionist and say 'His writing sucked anyway' (not that you're necessarily saying that).  I really  enjoyed Resistance and Defiance, and I liked where Rising Threat was going.  Rescue... jury's out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed