Predators Video Thread

Started by Doomofman, Apr 21, 2010, 09:31:37 PM

Author
Predators Video Thread (Read 26,780 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: The Pointman on Apr 24, 2010, 02:48:24 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 24, 2010, 02:41:07 AM
Quote from: AncientPred on Apr 23, 2010, 06:00:56 AM
still wondering why people continue to call Predators a 'remake'

Yea, the way the interview in PREDATORS with DIRECTOR NIMROD ANTAL video comes off, gives the impression that it's a remake.

That's funny. I always though of it as a sequel/remake or "requel" like "The Incredible Hulk".
I don't think it matters in the same way it did with the hulk because I doubt it will have anything to do with the other one.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

QuoteI don't think it matters in the same way it did with the hulk because I doubt it will have anything to do with the other one.

That's what I think too. I know this will irritate some purists, but "Predators" will not be a sequel in the traditional way. It will not negate whatever happened in Predator 1 and it will ignore Predator. However it will be it's OWN franchise, not the "Predator - Franchise". It will not be like in the Alien franchise where after Aliens there was Alien 3. If we get a Sequel to Predators it will be Predators 2, not Predator 4 or whatever... you better be prepared for that.

Big_BLACK

Big_BLACK

Predators is a direct sequel to the original, Predator.  That is the impression I got, and I thought that is what its stated as being.  Ignores Predator 2, etc.  While at the same time essentially being a reboot because of the failed attempts with P2, AVP, AVP:R ... it is esentially a restart to the franchise as well.

eyesofthedemon

eyesofthedemon

I think of it like a family tree,Predator being the parent and P2 and Predators being the silblings,both are sequels but happen at different times in different situations,no reason this cant happen as far as i can see

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

If it was called Predator 3 it could still make sense it can be a sequel to either one the same way predator could be a sequel to predator 2 because they have no narrative connections apart from like a few words.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Well they reference the events of Predator (1) in the big speech where Harrigan finds out Pussyface is an alien

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Apr 25, 2010, 12:18:41 PM
Well they reference the events of Predator (1) in the big speech where Harrigan finds out Pussyface is an alien
But I can't even remember and I am a die hard fan so I doubt many others can remember!!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Apr 25, 2010, 12:20:44 PM
But I can't even remember and I am a die hard fan so I doubt many others can remember!!!
I remember it very clearly. One of the best scenes in the film IMHO.
*Sigh*... a fu**ing alien! :D :D

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 12:22:32 PM
Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Apr 25, 2010, 12:20:44 PM
I remember it very clearly. One of the best scenes in the film IMHO.
*Sigh*... a fu**ing alien! :D :D
Well I guess but It would still work in any order you put the three films : )

Biggles

Biggles

These modern sequels-but-not-sequels/remakes-but-not-quite of which Predators is the latest, are IMHO intended (at least by the studios) to be all things to all people. They try to avoid directly contradicting those previous movies that they know were successful, but they also talk a lot about 'reimagining', 'rebooting' etc, and plump for a title without a numeral - so that new audiences and fans looking for a fresh start can more easily forgive previous 'sins'.

It's a marketing technique. One that I'm fine with, but one nonetheless, and worth remembering to avoid getting too worked up about how the film's supposed to fit with the others. Let it fit wherever suits you - personally I love Predator and Predator 2, and unless there's a direct contradiction, this will fit with those. The AVPs I'll probably treat as separate entities for the most part. Some will embrace everything, others only Predator and Predators, and, shock-horror, some will never have seen any of them and Predators will be something totally new and stand-alone.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Add Cuchillo's featurette.. BTW the reason I haven't put up the live chats is because there's only audio on youtube.. can't seem to find full videos of them...

Doomofman

Doomofman

Adding scoring session vid

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

There's an audio interview with Antal on the set of "Predators"... apparently there will also be some interviews with Topher Grace, Alice Braga, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Ayz-S0zoY

I didn't know if you are not intersted in audio Interviews but i thought I let you know...

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Interesting very interesting  8)

Doomofman

Doomofman

Added the Scoring Session Vid

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed