Obsidian CEO: Aliens RPG felt like a finished game

Started by Cellien, Apr 28, 2010, 05:54:25 PM

Author
Obsidian CEO: Aliens RPG felt like a finished game (Read 14,222 times)

Cellien

"Oh, if you had come in and played any of the last builds we were working on, you would have said it was a finished game," Urquhart told Joystiq. "That's how close we were. It looked and felt like it was ready to ship."

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/28/obsidian-ceo-aliens-rpg-felt-like-a-finished-game/

Brother

Is he cereal?

Puks

A gigantic waste if he is.

ikarop

ikarop

Couldn't resist to come here when I read the news!

CEO's wishful thinking I guess! Direct sources disagree. Graphically maybe, the rest? not so much.

Puks

Still a waste.

And nice to see you again, ikarop!  :)

ikarop

ikarop

Indeed a waste. The story was beautiful, kinda prequelesque I would say.

When are you going to change that avatar Puks :P, all I see now is boobs! Need some other kind of eye candy:

Spoiler

Sorry, the file is huge. I was too lazy to upload the video.
[close]

hmm i didn't realise it was going to have turn based combat :-\

RidgeTop

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 28, 2010, 08:17:06 PM
Indeed a waste. The story was beautiful, kinda prequelesque I would say.

When are you going to change that avatar Puks :P, all I see now is boobs! Need some other kind of eye candy:

Spoiler

Sorry, the file is huge. I was too lazy to upload the video.
[close]

They definitely went a bit overboard with those hybrid designs.  Good to see you back on the forum by the way.

ikarop

Yeah, this PR talk certainly grabbed my attention! Very unfortunate words on Feargus' part. Anyway, see you guys!

TJ Doc

That is a shame. But I still -

IKAROP?! It's... oh he's gone again.  :'(

Puks

Quotehmm i didn't realise it was going to have turn based combat

For real? Dammit now I'm even more pissed this promising title will never see the light. Turn-based combat is almost extinct in today's games.

QuoteThey definitely went a bit overboard with those hybrid designs.

The rhino alien was a bit too much, but this -

Spoiler
[close]

- I like this. The alien's different appearance would be justified in this game - the various fauna's genetic traits make up for different aliens and this would be an RPG after all - more enemy types are required, compared to FPSs.

F**k. This game had potential.. instead, we get an average/decent/fairly good AvP.

Oh well, what can you do - all hopes go to A:CM now.

Brother

Someone will recognize the potential and do it, will just take lotta' time.

Puks

As much as I would love this to be true - it'll probably never happen.

And to be honest - I'd rather see it die completely than become "the DNF" of the AvP franchise..

On the other hand, if Bioware got their hands on this one - now that would kick serious ass.

Brother

Not talking about this exact same project, I'm talking about a completely new alens based rpg project. This project is fubar.

Puks

Like you said - not coming anytime soon, though. At least not with A:CM and (come on, we all know it'll happen) AvP4 planned for the next few years.

And with the RPG market slowly dying out (essentially it already died a long time ago in the early 2000's), I doubt we'll ever get an Aliens role playing game.  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed