SCREENING OF PROMETHEUS!!!!

Started by BiggyMac04, Jan 19, 2012, 08:22:30 PM

Author
SCREENING OF PROMETHEUS!!!! (Read 51,193 times)

BiggyMac04

BiggyMac04

http://www.gofobo.com/screenings/search/95336/100?page=3

its in Santa Rosa ,CA. In Feb. Trying hard to find out how to get them. Ill let everyone know if i find out how to get them.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Hm, a bit far for me to walk :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh, no--this is a test screening.
Let us not forget what happened to ALIEN 3 after its first test screening... :-\

BiggyMac04

BiggyMac04

how do u know that

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BiggyMac04 on Jan 19, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
how do u know that
It's common practice for studios to hold private test screenings in SoCal months before release date. I've been to a few. They are thoroughly depressing experiences.

Valaquen

Valaquen

People oft send reports to sites like AICN after events like these. Could get spoilery ...

BiggyMac04

BiggyMac04

nooooooo. damn i wanted to go hella bad. its in nor cal though. the better part so it might be differnet? :laugh:

Michael Harper

Rated G? Anybody else disturbed by that? HaHa :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, rated Grauslich.

Wobblyboddle77

It says the rating is G too for general audiences, obviously the effects haven't been finished i'm guessing, there again it won't have been rated by the mpaa yet or the bbfc in the uk. some movie distributors send rough copies to the rating boards for advice on how to achieve the rating they desire in case something needs to be scaled back or edited from a different angle, they do it with james bond, fast and furious franchise, expendables 2 as it's going to be pg 13, and i wouldn't be surprised if prometheus is going through the process too. This also means Scott has probably shown a rough cut to Tom Rothman and his buddies at Fox, the next few months will be very interesting, i'm only going to be concerned if fox order some reshoots, then we know we could be in for something of a mixed bag.

AncientPred

AncientPred

LMAO, Rated-G. i'm suddenly doubtful.

boabwalker

boabwalker

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 19, 2012, 08:32:12 PM
you from Scotland to? :'(

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: BiggyMac04 on Jan 19, 2012, 08:52:21 PM
nooooooo. damn i wanted to go hella bad. its in nor cal though. the better part so it might be differnet? :laugh:
These things are unfortunately always the same. They go like this:
1. You wait outside the theater in a line while the attendants keep telling you "Oh, they're just cleaning up, it'll just be five more minutes." A half an hour later...

2. You finally get inside. Attendants walk around passing out little bundles of paper and baby pencils. You fill out a Non-disclosure agreement in most cases.

3. Some studio shill walks out, all smiles, and briefly introduces himself and the film.

4. The film starts, usually a rough cut with a temporary score and unfinished visual effects.

5. When the lights go up, you fill out a questionnaire that includes questions along the lines of "Did you think the movie moved too slowly?" or "Were you confused by anything in the movie? Please explain."

6. Everyone leaves after turning in their questionnaires, unless a focus group is being held, in which case a certain number of the audience stays behind to talk about the film. Here's where it gets really depressing. Say the film is a really good, dark, sci-fi film that is clearly aiming to be more than just some shlocky b-picture (like, say, the original cut of 2007's The Invasion). The studio shill will ask the audience "What did you think of this or that?" and the some mouthbreather will raise his or her hand and say "I didn't like it, I thought it was really confusing and stupid, and it went on too long" or "It wasn't exciting enough, parts of it were boring." The inverse happens if the film is some crappy comedy or action picture: everyone in the audience will love it and say "I could, like, see there being like a whole series with this!" And then there is usually one member of the audience who raises their hand and completely contradicts everyone else (usually me, alas) and gets funny looks and pretty much ignored by the studio shill. They tape all this and then take it back to the studio.

It sucks.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: boabwalker on Jan 19, 2012, 09:08:10 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 19, 2012, 08:32:12 PM
you from Scotland to? :'(
Yup!  8) (<-- ironically never need sunglasses in this country)

Mike’s Monsters

I'm going to be in Santa Rosa this summer... Why can't they wait for me?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed