Ancient Of Days' Alien Videos

Started by The Old One, Jan 28, 2019, 02:24:22 AM

Author
Ancient Of Days' Alien Videos (Read 10,420 times)

The Old One

The Old One

NSFW

https://youtu.be/uceuMN12CYI

Thoughts?

Just... don't ask me if they're Canon...

Huggs

Huggs

Loved it, particularly the first one. I haven't heard that poem in so many years, I simply did not recognize it. But the audio work was fantastic.

The poem in particular struck me, because what was said differed from what I heard, but in wonderful ways that were obviously Alien. This is what I heard.

An angel throng, bewinged, bedight
In veils, and drowned in tears,   
Sit in a theatre, to see
A play of hopes and fears,
While the orchestra breathes nimbly   
The Music of the Spears.

Minds, in the form of God on high,   
Mutter and mumble low,
And hither and thither fly—
Mere puppets they, who come and go   
At bidding of vast formless things
That shift the scenery to and fro,
Flapping from out their Condor wings
Invisible Wo!

That motley drama—oh, be sure   
It shall not be forgotten!
With its Ventrum chased for evermore   
By a crowd that sees it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth into
the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and War and Sin,   
And Horror, the soul of the blood.

But see, amid the mimic rout,
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out   
The scenic solitude!
It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs   
The minds become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out—out of the lights—out all!   
And over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm   

While the angels, all pallid and wan,   
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
that the play is the tragedy, of Man   
And its hero, the Conqueror of Worlds.

The Old One

The Old One

They're f**king great aren't they? Feel like garbled transmissions David would've sent.

Huggs

Huggs

It feels like a mixture of David dreaming, transmissions, and full on head-trip. But a good one. It has a serious 2001 vibe, but in a much more mature fashion. I would've loved to have seen a Kubrick Alien film featuring David now. There's something immense and beautiful here, but I'm afraid this is as close as we're going to get.

It's stuff like this that makes me think there was and still is hope for David's storyline, but I think it highlights the waste of Covenant. So much potential was lost there. But delving deep into the horror show that is David's mind would probably be too taxing on modern attention spans, and likely require content that is more excessive than the studio would go for.

But damn, I just loved it. An ethereal journey into the broken artificial mind of a madman. Thanks for sharing this, and I'll never read the poem the original way again. What I heard was so unmistakably Alien. The Music of the Spears, the Minds become its food, The Conqueror of Worlds. It will never be the same for me, but it's now so much better.

The Old One

The Old One

No problem.  :)

Still Collating...

That poem is so beautiful and fits perfectly within this context. I've seen one of these videos before, but never all of them. They are phenomenal. It does seem like the sick dreams of a malfunctioning android. These videos embody what i'd like to see in these films. There is a style of horror there that needs to be explored more.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Amazing. The 2001' vibe is strong with this one 8)

In fact I know it would be great if David 8 becomes someone like Dr. David Bowman and Covenant's AI "Mother" an equivalent of Hall 9000. AND yup, I understand that our AI with malfuction is David, but hey! one can dream  :laugh:

Thanks for the discovery. Now, I wonder if the author is among us. My bets are in @Enoch ;D

Enoch

Enoch

I don't necesserly like them, even though they are mine  :laugh:
But I think the final one will be good enough, with a really epic and intriguing subtext, therefore be patient.
I'm positively surprised that there are people who actually like this kind of videos.

Thanks again for the positive comments and reviews. :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 29, 2019, 07:25:31 PM
But I think the final one will be good enough, with a really epic and intriguing subtext, therefore be patient.
I'm positively surprised that there are people who actually like this kind of videos.

Nice work. I enjoyed them very much.

Enoch

Enoch

Thanks. I m glad you like them.  :)

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Huggs

My mind is ready!

Still Collating...

This'll be something really special I can see already. The anticipation is real!

Immortan Jonesy

Neirum

Neirum

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 29, 2019, 07:25:31 PM

Hey man, people have finally recognized your art, congratulations on your recognition! I've been a hardcore fan of your work for years, keep on keepin' on man; can't wait to see what you've got coming up next!  :)  And I notice in your new "seeds of annihilation" trailer you've got two Engineers (male and female) biting an apple together, very clever Adam and Eve imagery. Where did you get the images or how did you make them? Cheers!  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed