Gameplay Bugs/Issues

Started by ikarop, Feb 16, 2010, 05:55:09 PM

Author
Gameplay Bugs/Issues (Read 131,140 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

The new Nvidia drivers definitely fixed the stuttering for me. But there's still a serious memory leak problem that should be fixed in upcoming patches. The single player suffers from weird FPS drops.

Insomniac

Insomniac

Quote from: vehtam on Mar 03, 2010, 03:53:03 PM
Well, to be honest, after patch memory leak is bigger and with high textures game works significantly slower, than before patch, while skyportal is in Your field of view, so as far as i'm cioncerned rebellion actually made things worse than they were before patch release (unless of course You play with "normal" textures, there's fps rise in that mode)

However dedis, even as a beta, are superb, so i'm very pleased :)

Doesn't sound like a memory leak to me, how can a leak be worse with higher texture settings but fine with the lower ones? That makes no sense at all. Sounds more like your running out of RAM and its having to page from the HDD. Almost all of the FPS/stuttering issues I hear of are people playing the game on higher texture settings than their PC can handle. Are you running more programs in the background than you were before?

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Insomniac on Mar 03, 2010, 05:01:53 PM
Doesn't sound like a memory leak to me, how can a leak be worse with higher texture settings but fine with the lower ones? That makes no sense at all. Sounds more like your running out of RAM and its having to page from the HDD. Almost all of the FPS/stuttering issues I hear of are people playing the game on higher texture settings than their PC can handle. Are you running more programs in the background than you were before?

Yeah, i close up unused processess everytime when i boot up my rig, 'cause i know what i'll be doing. there isn't anything significant running in the background except standard Windows ones + my firewall, eating bout 25-30 mb of memory (plus steam of course, about 70 mb). My sytem is Geforce 1GB card, 4 RAM of memory (3.5 in use since it's XP), i5-750@3,6 GHZ and WinXP.

While You pointed out to me in other thread, that dedi is pretty resourceful hungry, i checked that out and it' eating about 30-50 mb of memory with 8 players. Unfortunately there is no possibility to run game twice, so i turned on Doom3 with some VERY resource eating rendering project i'm working on and AVP in normal textures, so i can make sure all the memory of system and video card is stuffed up almost to the max.. No stuttering in AVP. At all. Two engines in normal priority, hagning cpu, memory and VRAM usage almost to max, and nothing, nothing at all in terms of stuttering.

But here's example why i think it's bug inside in the engine: all multiplayer maps works silk smooth on high. Even with 10 players and everyone using different skin. I can safely on the Jungle stay at closed doors near the circle and watch 10 people with different skins battling it out from close plus see the whole map. It's about 100-150 textures at very high resolution rendered at once on screen (far away area of map downscaled obviously by LOD). No hangs, no stuttering. Everything is silk smooth. Same goes for temple, refinery, ruins.

Now i load up the only map with skyportal usage (big refinery bulding in the background), gateway, alone. Map runs smooth untill i turn over and see refinery bulding. Then i have single freeze and as soon as skyportal loads up, everything is smooth again. I turn over, then again look behind to see refinery, another freeze. Note, that as long as i am in the gateway jungle area looking anywhere apart from refinery building, there's no freeze ups at all too. Now quick test, i stand in the area with closed gate, looking at the wall and refinery. Total amount of textures rendered on screen is about 10-15 on the wall, 2-3 for sky and moving clouds and i guess 10-15 for refinery bulding. Stutter during quick turns between refinery bulding in field of view and not in field of view still occurs. Even when with turning i'm not looking through open gate to the jungle, but on camp buildings. Total number of textures in work is about 60-70, as opposed to mentioned earlier 150+ in the jungle.

Conclusion: it runs smooth with shitload of hi textures. if there's skyportal in the field of view, game hungs up for second, even when total amount of big size textures rendered on screen is cut in half. Definetly not issue of VRAM, CPU and RAM were excluded earlier by running two resources hungry engines at once.

Xhan

Xhan

And it's three times as bad with SLI running. If you're getting a large amount of 2048 DMs AND NMs I could see the need for lots of VRam, Rebellion is right to say so. But there is also a memory leak, even with the minimum numbers of processes running it still crawls up there. and it crawls much faster with the paging file disabled. Very High still stutters for nVidia no matter how video memory you have. Using MARS gives me 4gigs single and 8gigs total, using dual 5970s produces no hitching at all (or none that I can see) with or without CF, despite having less vm to work with. It seems to be a much greater issue with 64bit allocation and nVidia cards.

Imeni

Imeni

Hey guys. Ok, first off, its like this. I can play the first two Pred missions, on easy, no problem. I haven't bothered with much of the marine missions, and i cannot play, at all, my favorites, the Aliens.

If you play too far into the Pred missions, which is the third mission, as with the part in the beginning of the alien storyline, the characters load in, much like in the matrix, yet, there is no room, no detectable floor. We simply load, fall, and die. Every time.

At first, we pegged it for the graphics card, as it was also very laggy. So, with much deliberation, i stole one of my roommates GC's to test it out. Sure enough, it solved the lag in playing, and i got a bit farther, but in the end, the floor just stopped loading in, and we fall.

Help, anyone?

Xhan

Xhan

Is it fully updated via steam, and what are your specs.

A L | E N

A L | E N

I get looping audio playing the bink cutscenes. Other audio in the game is fine. The cutscenes play fine with Rad Tools player outside the game but they loop in the game. I thought this was going to be fixed in the patch since it said:
"Implemented a workaround for missing audio issues with certain hardware (SoundBlaster X-Fi, Realtek onboard, etc.) " I have onboard Realtek AC 97

But now with the new patch I can see that the "binkw32.dll" file is updated to 1.9.18.0 (before it was 1.9.17.0) and the problem is still there. I tried doing the stuff here: http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2010/02/fix-aliens-vs-predator-3-avp-3-2010.html
I updated my sound drivers and stuff. Nothing helped. :-[ This is only in AvP and in the AvP demo. Other games with bink cutscenes play fine (AvP Classic 2000 for example).

safetyman

safetyman

I renamed my bink video files, all they do is add what, 20 seconds where you can't do anything? They're useless.

xXPredatorXx

xXPredatorXx

its really annoying not being able to hear people that are in your own party. It makes my ps3 freeze alot which cannot be good for it. Obviously the matchmaking but the ps3 freezing is the most important for me

never

never

Quote from: never on Mar 03, 2010, 01:38:02 AM
I've been experiencing a strange bug in-game. Whenever I respawn, their is a small chance that I will instantly die upon spawning in and when I look at the obituary, it shows only what looks to be a splatter next to my name, and the game deducts one point from my score, as if I committed a teamkill or suicide. An explanation for this would be appreciated.

Nobody else has experienced/seen this happening? I will try to get a screenshot of the obituary when it next occurs...

Adey

Adey

that stupid clock bug on fat ps3s wiped all my trophies and my rank was reset to zero when it was 32, iv now got my trophies back, but had to do the required tasks all over again, i heard somewhere that you can use your SP xp to regain it but how exactly, btw all of my xp and personal stats from before are still there, my rank now is only 9 though, so again how do i use SP xp to regain it.

Revenant

Revenant

I got this really weird bug....

After a certain amount of times i die , and then when i respawn , my keys get randomized.
like q becomes w and z becomes , and stuff like that. So like i wont be able to move forward or sideways and i'l just be able to move backwards using S . But i found that using the  'Verify Integrity of Game cache' button always fixes it. But it happns again after i die a certain number of times.
This has happned in singleplayer and multiplayer and it's really really annoying.

Can anyone help me ????????

RavagerX

RavagerX

I don't know why but whenever I play on multiplayer, including Survivor, the camera for my character is outside of the map. I can't move the camera but my character can move.

coolishmike

coolishmike

Anybody ever lost connection to steam while doing good in a game? I was far in first place, should've gotten tons of XP, but then I lose connection to Steam and therefore the game...so no XP for me. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. It's pretty irritating. I don't think they should wait till after the game to give you the XP, but rather as you play and get kills. Either that or don't have AvP be completely reliant on Steam. just my two cents.

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

Quote from: coolishmike on Mar 05, 2010, 12:57:29 AM
Anybody ever lost connection to steam while doing good in a game? I was far in first place, should've gotten tons of XP, but then I lose connection to Steam and therefore the game...so no XP for me. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. It's pretty irritating. I don't think they should wait till after the game to give you the XP, but rather as you play and get kills. Either that or don't have AvP be completely reliant on Steam. just my two cents.
I don't think it DOES wait until the end of the game... I've ranked up even though I was disconnected before.

And it's a little late to not be reliant on steam now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed