NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 88,186 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I know the pain of painting figures, what sealant do you use?

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 01:49:20 PM

This.
4 Pack of the Testors Dullcote Spray Lacquer 3oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V89X2D4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_38VuCbYKPQKBN

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Armored Borg is definitely in my top 3 Predators. I bought 3 of them when they released just so I could customize some extras

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 31, 2019, 02:00:00 PM

This.
4 Pack of the Testors Dullcote Spray Lacquer 3oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V89X2D4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_38VuCbYKPQKBN

That's what I use. It works great everywhere except for joints, but that can't be helped because of friction.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 31, 2019, 02:14:49 PM
Armored Borg is definitely in my top 3 Predators. I bought 3 of them when they released just so I could customize some extras

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 31, 2019, 02:00:00 PM

This.

That's what I use. It works great everywhere except for joints, but that can't be helped because of friction.

Joints are ass to paint anyway. I never do.

The Old One

The Old One

TY

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 31, 2019, 01:25:47 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 01:00:33 PM
Borg I know, he is unique TBF- but which is Warrior?

Have you seen armored Borg? That's something special.

It's neca's interpretation of the character "in armor." I did a custom repaint of the unmasked head to swap on this body at will. Kind of turning him into an "ultimate" version of the figure. Repainted by hand...

http://i.imgur.com/Wa6Z0ij.jpg

Very nice! I've been working on ultimate versions for other figures that previously came separate from Neca, etc.

& I thought about doing this Borg figure as well. Great touches on the head repaint too.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: pmaz11 on Feb 01, 2019, 01:07:15 AM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 31, 2019, 01:25:47 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 31, 2019, 01:00:33 PM
Borg I know, he is unique TBF- but which is Warrior?

Have you seen armored Borg? That's something special.

It's neca's interpretation of the character "in armor." I did a custom repaint of the unmasked head to swap on this body at will. Kind of turning him into an "ultimate" version of the figure. Repainted by hand...

http://i.imgur.com/Wa6Z0ij.jpg

Very nice! I've been working on ultimate versions for other figures that previously came separate from Neca, etc.

& I thought about doing this Borg figure as well. Great touches on the head repaint too.

Thank you! I wish I had done a before and after shot of the head repaint. It's that substantial.

Here is, perhaps, the best work I have done.

Still Collating...

Yeah, as I said before, that color scheme works really well with that head. To bad they don't explore more of the skin color possibilities in the movies. That could really add some character to a predator.

Randy on twitter said that Upgrade might come in May, and for all of us who have been collecting their newer lines, that means June.  :laugh:
Golden angel is being shipped as of yesterday. So to anyone who plans on getting him, start hunting.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 01, 2019, 01:22:07 PM
Yeah, as I said before, that color scheme works really well with that head. To bad they don't explore more of the skin color possibilities in the movies. That could really add some character to a predator.

Randy on twitter said that Upgrade might come in May, and for all of us who have been collecting their newer lines, that means June.  :laugh:
Golden angel is being shipped as of yesterday. So to anyone who plans on getting him, start hunting.

It takes months for "just shipped" predators to reach me at Target.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 08:05:31 PM

I think "shipping now" applies more to their eBay store than anything else. Their instagram said the new Terminator Kenner Homage wave of figures was "shipping now" like a week and a half ago, and BBTS only just charged me for my preorder this afternoon.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 02, 2019, 09:51:38 AM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 01, 2019, 08:05:31 PM

I think "shipping now" applies more to their eBay store than anything else. Their instagram said the new Terminator Kenner Homage wave of figures was "shipping now" like a week and a half ago, and BBTS only just charged me for my preorder this afternoon..

I would say that's accurate.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

New pic of the NECA Emissary Predator figure.
Randy has hinted that we might see the other Emissary figure at ToyFair.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Has NECA clarified if they're making the Emissary Predators just cuz, or were the figures in development when the characters were still part of the movie?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 03, 2019, 02:35:33 AM
Has NECA clarified if they're making the Emissary Predators just cuz, or were the figures in development when the characters were still part of the movie?
Haven't said, but I don't think that question has been asked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed