Prometheus comics?

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 27, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

Author
Prometheus comics? (Read 36,316 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 05, 2013, 05:01:14 AM
With their Star Wars comics going away at the end of this year (I think), I wouldn't be surprised if they ramped up with Alien/Predator/AvP stuff to be one of their more "regular" titles.

What's happening with Star Wars? ???

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nothing has been confirmed, but it would make sense if, once Dark Horse's license expires, Disney moves the Star Wars property over to Marvel.

In other news, though, Halo just made the transition from Marvel to Dark Horse. So maybe Halo will become one of Dark Horse's main titles. They could start doing more with Serenity as well.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Jul 05, 2013, 01:43:28 PM
With their Star Wars comics going away at the end of this year (I think), I wouldn't be surprised if they ramped up with Alien/Predator/AvP stuff to be one of their more "regular" titles.

As Nightmare Asylum said, the licensing rights are due to expire at the end of the year, and Disney isn't in a huge rush to renew them with Dark Horse since Disney owns their own huge comic book studio (Marvel). Dark Horse has been gradually wrapping up all of the dangling Star Wars comic book plot threads they care about in anticipation of not having the license anymore.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 06, 2013, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jul 05, 2013, 01:43:28 PM

As Nightmare Asylum said, the licensing rights are due to expire at the end of the year, and Disney isn't in a huge rush to renew them with Dark Horse since Disney owns their own huge comic book studio (Marvel). Dark Horse has been gradually wrapping up all of the dangling Star Wars comic book plot threads they care about in anticipation of not having the license anymore.

One of the editors recently mentioned at a panel that they have the Star Wars license at least  into the end of 2014.  Nothing has been announced on what happens after that yet.  I think with the 20 year history of Dark Horse publishing the books so well, they have an edge at renewing the license.  There's about a year and and half of comics left.  But with Marvel being Marvel, I dread it if they get the line at 2015.  Hopefully not and the books stay put at Dark Horse. 

SM

SM

If Marvel hires the talent from Dark horse, then what's the problem?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, if the writers/artists end up going to Marvel anyway, then it's a win-win (for Disney, at least) for them to make future Star Wars comics "in-house" at Marvel. They'd be using the same talent so (in theory) the quality should stay the same, and they wouldn't have to worry about licensing out the franchise to a competitor.

Although depending on how much Dark Horse pays for the Star Wars license, it might make more financial sense for them to let DH keep paying them to license it, I dunno.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: vikingspawn on Jul 05, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ridley-scotts-prometheus-continue-comic-579864

;D

So it sounds to me like they are just introducing the Engineers, the Black Goo, creatures and probably the Deacon into their latest Aliens comics. Im sure its not a sequel in the truest sense of the word. Just an attempt to utilize that film to expand the comics.

It would be cool if they made some sort of official sequel, in the expanded universe, but then again A:CM....REMEMBER!!!?

As far as I'm concerned the Alien films exist and everything else is just fan-fiction. However, over-glorified.

alienfan95610

alienfan95610

Quote from: CainsSon on Jul 10, 2013, 06:07:31 AM
Quote from: vikingspawn on Jul 05, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ridley-scotts-prometheus-continue-comic-579864

;D

So it sounds to me like they are just introducing the Engineers, the Black Goo, creatures and probably the Deacon into their latest Aliens comics. Im sure its not a sequel in the truest sense of the word. Just an attempt to utilize that film to expand the comics.

It would be cool if they made some sort of official sequel, in the expanded universe, but then again A:CM....REMEMBER!!!?

As far as I'm concerned the Alien films exist and everything else is just fan-fiction. However, over-glorified.

Really?....if that's the case..then stop reading the comics, novels and playing the video games....cause nothing will ever be as good or bad as the original films...perhaps it's best if nothing NEW is ever done....

SM

SM

There's stuff way worse than the original films.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Jul 10, 2013, 11:58:32 AM
There's stuff way worse than the original films.

Ive enjoyed some of the novels...maybe the comics, back in the day and that was off to a great start and then became terrible with a diamond in the VERY rough, here and there. The latest comics have been mostly terrible with the exception of the Fast Track To Heaven book but that went no where... Otherwise yeah, most expanded universe stuff has been awful.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Comicon is just getting started and Dark Horse announced a new 12-issue Terminator series:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46690

I bet the Prometheus news will be spread out in the next couple days.

#sdcc

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh shit! New Terminator comics, that's pretty sweet.

Rambo

Rambo

Quote from: vikingspawn on Jul 20, 2013, 12:45:26 AM
It's official now:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/19/dark-horses-promethea-comic-ongoing-halo-and-gal-simone-tomb-raider/

'bout time!

;D
Awesome! Definitely hoping for some strong tie-ins with the Aliens universe.

So does this go in the Aliens collection, or its own?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed