Full Trailer Online (Cam recording)

Started by ikarop, Dec 21, 2011, 02:02:28 AM

Author
Full Trailer Online (Cam recording) (Read 68,318 times)

Space_Dementia

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 07:47:36 PM
Wow people are really eager to call it an ALIEN prequel!
What part of, yes it's taking place in the same universe but don't feature characters and story arcs from the original films is hard to understand?

In a way its already confirmed that its a prequel...ok, we dont have the same characters or even the Xeno...buts its still laying out the blue print of the following movies.

Face Jockey

Alien or no alien, it's clear from the footage so far that the film is focused around elements of horror. It's a science fiction horror mystery like the original Alien film. People are running in fear, screaming, and there are creepy aliens or mutants or whatever they turn out to be. It's like the original Alien formula complete with robots and sexy lead actresses, Giger designs, but with a bigger budget. All the best elements from the original just ramped up. It's a way to reboot the series. No complaints here, but ultimately its still the same formula as the original.

My point is, Prometheus was being spun as if this was a totally different film that just happened to be set in the Alien universe, but this is no whimsical space adventure or some other type of film - it is the genre of the original Alien film and as in the original, most of the crew will be killed in some terrifying manner by some unusual life form.

Space_Dementia

Quote from: Face Jockey on Dec 21, 2011, 08:19:04 PM
Alien or no alien, it's clear from the footage so far that the film is focused around elements of horror. It's a science fiction horror mystery like the original Alien film. People are running in fear, screaming, and there are creepy aliens or mutants or whatever they turn out to be. It's like the original Alien formula complete with robots and sexy lead actresses, Giger designs, but with a bigger budget. All the best elements from the original just ramped up. It's a way to reboot the series. No complaints here, but ultimately its still the same formula as the original.

My point is, Prometheus was being spun as if this was a totally different film that just happened to be set in the Alien universe, but this is no whimsical space adventure or some other type of film - it is the genre of the original Alien film and as in the original, most of the crew will be killed in some terrifying manner by some unusual life form.

This is not a reboot for one and yes its based in the same universe...I feel this is more of a origins story.

DemonicD13

I think when all is said and done ALIEN will be a small piece of a bigger picture.

Space_Dementia

Quote from: DemonicD13 on Dec 21, 2011, 09:18:09 PM
I think when all is said and done ALIEN will be a small piece of a bigger picture.

Couldnt have put it better myself...thats actually quite spot on.

Master

Master

I really do hope there won`t be human hybrids/mutants in this one.

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Dec 21, 2011, 09:18:48 PM

My thoughts exactly. I bet when prometheus is succes FOX will try to expend this universe even further.

atlantis

atlantis

How more i think about Prometheus, the more i wish it never was been made... it gonna take my imagination away..I did build up in my mind how the SJ and Alien world did look the last 32 years....lol
But I have to watch it... wanna see Scott's vison :)

Mastes1

Quote from: Master on Dec 21, 2011, 09:26:26 PM

Same here, i keep seeing that behind the scenes clip in my head where that guy is being lifted up in front of Ridley Scott, it reminds me of 'The Hills Have Eyes' or something, i'm not feeling that!

psychonaut25

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 21, 2011, 09:58:22 PM
How more i think about Prometheus, the more i wish it never was been made... it gonna take my imagination away..I did build up in my mind how the SJ and Alien world did look the last 32 years....lol

Maybe you should send some emails to Ridley and  ask him to use some of your ideas...;) who knows :)

atlantis

atlantis

Lol..nah..Then it would turn into a 100% Giger world...
and become to abstract cause no human life form would be in it..
And most people need to see human life forms in movies, so they can identify them self with them

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:13:09 PM

Maybe you should send some emails to Ridley and  ask him to use some of your ideas...;) who knows :)

psychonaut25

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 21, 2011, 10:16:36 PM
Lol..nah..Then it would turn into a 100% Giger world...
and become to abstract cause no human life form would be in it..
And most people need to see human life forms in movies, so they can identify them self with them

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 10:13:09 PM

Add Predators in it :)

Engineer1

Quote from: Master on Dec 21, 2011, 09:26:26 PM

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Dec 21, 2011, 09:18:48 PM

My thoughts exactly. I bet when prometheus is succes FOX will try to expend this universe even further.

Cant wait for the "Aliens vs Predator vs Engineers vs mutants vs new xenos" that this money grabbing whore that is Fox will end up doing 10 years from now  ;D

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 03:49:02 AM
I was wrong (so wrong ^^) the starmap room IS the room that houses the pilot chair.
The starmap room console platform opens and the chair comesout of it.
Whoever is the character on the right (original Engineer, reborn engineer or mutated human), he's not a regular sized human.
Take for reference the human seen on the console of the starmap room in the hologram shot.

That's a terrific observation mate - well done! Giant humanoids...yeah I can dig that  8)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Thanks mate.
Here is another one made with the images from the last first look video ;)

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 08:42:54 PM

Starmap/Pilot room.
The size of the set has been made to fit regular human size for the shoot but on screen you can see that actual humans will be tiny. Clearly not as tall as Fassbender is in the middle of the plateform...
So the human characters will be reduced in post to make the look Engineers huge.
Easier that the other way around i guess.

BTW the Engineer that is waiting for the chair to rise, is probably waiting on the steps on the left that leads to the plateform.

psychonaut25

Cant wait for the "Aliens vs Predator vs Engineers vs mutants vs new xenos" that this money grabbing whore that is Fox will end up doing 10 years from now  ;D

I think a new AVP will be done...Fox will smell money from Prometheus audience....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed