DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 75,730 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2019, 12:53:47 PMLabyrinth is the best, and anyone who disagrees will be the first ones against the wall when the revolution starts.

The flashback is the best... The rest of the comic is entirely meh.

Nostromo

Quote from: Still Collating... on May 27, 2019, 04:15:39 PM
Liked the recent stuff, but Labyrinth is my favorite as well...

Simple mad scientist story done effectively IMO, creepy and the visuals are remarkable!

Damn, I'm agreeing with everything you write, somebody give this man something.

Kradan

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 27, 2019, 12:09:42 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 26, 2019, 11:46:55 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2019, 12:53:47 PM
Quote from: The Old One on May 26, 2019, 08:00:05 AM
Dead Orbit's the best you cretin. :D
Labyrinth is the best, and anyone who disagrees will be the first ones against the wall when the revolution starts.

Would you mind if i'll hold the pistol?
That depends, do you think Labyrinth is the best Aliens comic?

CHOOSE WISELY.

I'll go with Labyrinth. I like Dead Orbit but for me Labyrinth is superior in terms of story and artwork.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2019, 04:43:22 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2019, 12:53:47 PMLabyrinth is the best, and anyone who disagrees will be the first ones against the wall when the revolution starts.

The flashback is the best... The rest of the comic is entirely meh.
The flashback is crazy and it's what everyone remembers, but it kind of overshadows the other interesting stuff that's going on. Like everything up to the flashback plays right into predictable story tropes, like "the obviously evil scientist who's hiding something", de-mystifying the Alien by explaining things about it, Church literally taking an Alien for a walk and thereby diminishing it, but then once you get into the third issue it starts knocking all of those tropes down. What the scientist is hiding ends up being more f**ked up than anything anyone could have imagined AND it has nothing to do with the Aliens, the demystifying elements of the Alien end up being irrelevant because they only barely work on weakened Aliens in captivity, the very Alien that Church takes for a walk is the one that takes him down, and in the end Church gets away with everything. Church was doing f**ked up human experimentation and getting away with it over twenty years before Alien Covenant was a twinkle in Ridley Scott's eye.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed