Can someone please tell ne what that is ?

Started by dkwookie, Mar 26, 2021, 11:32:51 PM

Author
Can someone please tell ne what that is ? (Read 5,130 times)

Rankles75

Still the best death (or "death") scene in an Alien film.

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

I found a fairly clear shot of the whole thing, lightened up as much as possible to show what's going on behind the creature's body.

I'm sure after a day of those takes, someone was ready for a stout!

(Edited to fix image link)

dkwookie

I dont accept the answer! I gave seen the behind the scenes of that scene many times. I still ask what is the appendage in OP. I am not trolling and I am not a weenie or whatever that guy said. You guys have a fan community here thats more hostile than North Korea

The_Nostromo_Files

I'd love to follow your theory, man, but your OP photo is blurry. Do you have something clearer?

dkwookie

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 27, 2021, 12:54:10 AM
I'd love to follow your theory, man, but your OP photo is blurry. Do you have something clearer?

Thats straight from the film. Compare the position to the photo you just posted. Look at the hight compared to the back pipes

SiL

Quote from: dkwookie on Mar 27, 2021, 12:52:31 AM
I dont accept the answer! I gave seen the behind the scenes of that scene many times. I still ask what is the appendage in OP. I am not trolling and I am not a weenie or whatever that guy said. You guys have a fan community here thats more hostile than North Korea
The appendage is the Alien's foot.

Whether you accept it or not is your problem.

dkwookie

dkwookie

In my OP picture. Look at the lit part on top of the circled bit. Thats the ankle?

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2021, 12:57:06 AM

What is the lit part at the top of what I circled. Just the tip?

If that were the ankle braving it would have the ankle spine. Its rounded

426Buddy

426Buddy

Wow come on guys. Huggs is right, this guy is just taking the piss. You good people have your hearts in the right place but this was never going to end any other way than a ban.

The_Nostromo_Files

Yes, but this is probably a stunt suit, not the "hero" suit that Bolaji wore most times. I rewatched your clip. That bit you circled is Powell's heel. When I watched him settle into position, you can see the back tubes shift but that heel (and it's twin to screen right) remain stable, as you pointed out.

By the way, in that same scene: Did you ever notice the mirror-images landing gear, when the camera follows Brett around the far side of the landing gear doors?

(Edited to remove duplicate post. This ain't my night!)

Huggs

Quote from: dkwookie on Mar 27, 2021, 12:58:59 AM
In my OP picture. Look at the lit part on top of the circled bit. Thats the ankle?

Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2021, 12:57:06 AM

What is the lit part at the top of what I circled.

It's overhead lighting reflecting off the back of the wet ankle. It's the ball of his foot.

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 27, 2021, 01:09:10 AM
Wow come on guys. Huggs is right, this guy is just taking the piss. You good people have your hearts in the right place but this was never going to end any other way than a ban.
Well, he's got an eye for spotting details, even if mistakenly identifying and losing his cool. Maybe there's potential here, I dunno.

What say you, dkwookie? Your last post was in 2017 and not incendiary in the least. Maybe it's just a weird moment or something, but it'd be good if you came around. We need more 30-year-plus fans around these parts...  ;)

dkwookie

dkwookie

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 27, 2021, 01:10:10 AM
Yes, but this is probably a stunt suit, not the "hero" suit that Bolaji wore most times. I rewatched your clip. That bit you circled is Powell's heel. When I watched him settle into position, you can see the back tubes shift but that heel (and it's twin to screen right) remain stable, as you pointed out.

By the way, in that same scene: Did you ever notice the mirror-images landing gear, when the camera follows Brett around the far side of the landing gear doors?

Ok ban me, I got an answer I can work with. It was a stunt suit. Ban away

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 27, 2021, 01:14:01 AM
Well, he's got an eye for spotting details, even if mistakenly identifying and losing his cool. Maybe there's potential here, I dunno.

What say you, dkwookie? Your last post was in 2017 and not incendiary in the least. Maybe it's just a weird moment or something, but it'd be good if you came around. We need more 30-year-plus fans around these parts...  ;)

Incendiary is my middle name. I will circle back in 2025

The_Nostromo_Files

I wasn't suggesting you be banned... quite the opposite.

426Buddy

Quote from: dkwookie on Mar 27, 2021, 01:18:21 AM
Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 27, 2021, 01:10:10 AM

Ok ban me, I got an answer I can work with. It was a stunt suit. Ban away

Quote from: The_Nostromo_Files on Mar 27, 2021, 01:14:01 AM

Incendiary is my middle name. I will circle back in 2025

I don't ban people, nor do I want to..

I've just seen this situation play out  on million worlds a million times before.

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 27, 2021, 01:21:40 AM
I don't ban people, I've just seen this situation play out  on million worlds a million times before.
Yet today is another day...   ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed