Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by Prez - Today at 01:26:04 AM
Bluey `The Sign' - with the whole family.
We were all in tears by the end. Right in the damn feels.

This absolute Aussie Gem just gets better and better. Beautiful on so many levels.
Fine you like whatever you like. For me, I don't really hate the game Tho I lost it. Years ago, and I don't know where it is. I really enjoyed the multiplayer that's one of the good things I can give it.

Also for the mods available for consoles, there are none. The only time that we can mod our own games is if the game allow us to Download mods like Skyrim.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Engineers and Black Goo?
Last post by Highland - Today at 01:21:22 AM
Everyone gave cold forge rave reviews, but I thought it was just "decent"

I was waiting on some twists and turns that just never really hit.
Aliens: Colonial Marines / Re: If gearbox was afforded mo...
Last post by gold - Today at 01:17:29 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:09:10 AM
Quote from: gold on Today at 01:05:08 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:00:26 AMYou're just praising the mod, not the game itself you admit the game itself is not even a game.

You Compare based A:I and AFTE, To an enhance version of ACM. It's not a fair comparison. It can be easily done with either game.

The mod is not something different from the game. The mod IS the game. The way it was intended to be.
No, it not. Because the game was intended to look like this doesn't mean it would've been like this. It would not look as good as this mod because of limitations that The publishers gave Gearbox that has a stick up their own ass.

Well fine. It's a matter of definition then. TemplarGFX does push the lighting, smoke, fog, volumetrics and shadow detail of the engine to beyond what Gearbox did in 2013, overhauls everything else like AI and weapons with it.

To me that's still A:CM. As in when I open Steam and click A:CM that's the game I get. But I should be aware that for a whole bunch of console players they are stuck with what Gearbox released back in 2013.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul
Quote from: gold on Today at 01:05:08 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Today at 01:00:26 AMYou're just praising the mod, not the game itself you admit the game itself is not even a game.

You Compare based A:I and AFTE, To an enhance version of ACM. It's not a fair comparison. It can be easily done with either game.

The mod is not something different from the game. The mod IS the game. The way it was intended to be.
No, it not. Because the game was intended to look like this doesn't mean it would've been like this. It would not look as good as this mod because of limitations that The publishers gave Gearbox that has a stick up their own ass.
Aliens: Colonial Marines / Re: If gearbox was afforded mo...
Last post by gold - Today at 01:05:08 AM

I only compared the way ACM looks to A:I and AFTE. I'm sure the latter two could be modded to look even better. But neither give us the Aliens sequel story that I had wanted since those days. ACM (with the mod) actually looks surprisingly good. Better than stock AFTE anyway. But somehow I don't think A:I and AFTE will get a complete overhaul like Templar did. (First, they are nowhere near as broken as ACM was on release) and second, they also don't really have anything to do with James Cameron's Aliens. I can really understand why Templar went out of his way to do what he did for years with ACM. He obviously loved Aliens. Thank god he did his mod.

Saying "real fans" of Aliens isn't accurate or fair. I actually mean those people like me who saw Aliens in the cinema, got their hopes up and were bitterly let down by A3. People like me felt like we finally got the sequel we wanted after 27 years. (The story wasn't perfect but it was a hundred times better than the one we got in 1992).
I do want to see like a "ancestor" of the xenomorph.
Something similar to this  I'm fine with.
You're just praising the mod, not the game itself you admit the game itself is not even a game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed