I'm A Stranger Here Myself, What We'd Like To See For The Future of Alien & Predator – AvP Galaxy Podcast #117

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 13, 2020, 06:19:22 PM

Author
I'm A Stranger Here Myself, What We'd Like To See For The Future of Alien & Predator – AvP Galaxy Podcast #117 (Read 12,556 times)

Local Trouble

I also want to see marines getting the brutally killed and fountains of blood, Starship Troopers-style.  That's not easily PG-13.

Corporal Hicks

I just can't see it going PG-13. Fox already made that mistake, and Disney are aware of the importance of keeping rating if its important to brand identity like Deadpool.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the episode so far. Thank you.

Kradan

Idk, Voodoo's proposal sounds to me mostly like trying to do Alien and Predator version of MCU

Nukiemorph

I wish I could share the optimism on R ratings, but it doesn't sound like anything is happening with Deadpool at the moment. I hope you guys are right.

And as Xenomorphine said in the episode, David's conclusion could be quickly shat out in a flashback. I'd gladly take that.

Kradan

Quote from: David's Creation on Oct 15, 2020, 10:34:12 AM
And as Xenomorphine said in the episode, David's conclusion could be quickly shat out in a flashback. I'd gladly take that.

Grrrrr

I wouldn't

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 15, 2020, 10:25:42 AM
Idk, Voodoo's proposal sounds to me mostly like trying to do Alien and Predator version of MCU

Wait. So the Xenomorphs, the Predators, and all the new beings created in the Alien Predator Universe resolving their differences and coming together to fight off a Super Powered Engineer who wants to destroy half the universe for the common good sounds bad to you?

Bug hunt wilson

How hard it is to know that r rated properties shoundt be pg 13 has the Robocop reboot haven't shown you and no i don't pg 13 alien and predator

Nightmare Asylum

On the note of projects in the "Universe" not directly featuring the Alien, I was very into Prometheus conceptually (despite the execution being very, very sloppy) and would have been open to its sequel moving its trajectory even farther away from Alien (though I wound up loving Alien: Covenant, so I'm more than ok with the shift back that things took there), so I would definitely be open to another film without the capital-A Alien, if it felt appropriate to do so.

Enjoy

I want paul ws anderson to make a romantic adventure avp movie with lots of eye contact between predator and human female.. No blood or gore and lots of cheeseyness.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Enjoy on Oct 15, 2020, 02:02:27 PM
I want paul ws anderson to make a romantic adventure avp movie with lots of eye contact between predator and human female.. No blood or gore and lots of cheeseyness.

lol

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 15, 2020, 11:43:22 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Oct 15, 2020, 10:25:42 AM

Wait. So the Xenomorphs, the Predators, and all the new beings created in the Alien Predator Universe resolving their differences and coming together to fight off a Super Powered Engineer who wants to destroy half the universe for the common good sounds bad to you?

Lost_Hunter

I think with the right writing and direction theVoodoo Verse could work. The APU. If Fire and stone were written by the Nolan brothers or someone whose a big fan and takes it seriously.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Lost_Hunter on Oct 15, 2020, 08:27:44 PM
theVoodoo Verse

:D

Seriously though, I'm anxious they'd not only create a shared universe of Alien and Predator but would try to replicate the feel of Marvel movies. You know, with ridicilously high stakes, witty characters, dramatic moments cut with jokes, piles of CGI etc. The Predator tried to do that and (no matter how I feel about the movie) pretty much failed at it. Marvel tone just doesn't fit both franchises

And as other hosts pointed out you don't really need shared universe and "clean slate" for great Alien and Predator stories to be told. Alien stories can be separated from each other by light years. Predator stories - centuries

Voodoo Magic

I think with the right writing and direction theVoodoo Verse could work. The APU. If Fire and stone were written by the Nolan brothers or someone whose a big fan and takes it seriously.

theVoodoo Verse

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 15, 2020, 08:37:41 PM
theVoodoo Verse

:D

Seriously though, I'm anxious they'd not only create a shared universe of Alien and Predator but would try to replicate the feel of Marvel movies. You know, with ridicilously high stakes, witty characters, dramatic moments cut with jokes, piles of CGI etc. The Predator tried to do that and (no matter how I feel about the movie) pretty much failed at it. Marvel tone just doesn't fit both franchises

I was thinking more of a horror universe. Blumhouse to a degree, or Stephen King's favorite vacation spot, Castle Rock.  Loose connections. Plenty of terror. No quips.  ;)

Perfect-Organism

Thanks for another great podcast guys.  I get the feeling that there is a lot of planning happening in the background over at Disney for the Aliens franchise, and one can only hope that when they do launch it will be something epic.  Ideally, if they can explore different facets of the universe, that would be terrific.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed