Alien: Isolation at Gamescon 2014 - New CGI Trailer, Screenshots and B-roll

Started by ikarop, Aug 08, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation at Gamescon 2014 - New CGI Trailer, Screenshots and B-roll (Read 45,929 times)

szkoki

Quote from: Seegson on Aug 14, 2014, 06:37:24 PM
In the Twich video you can spot acid blood with smoke in the floor when the random guys shoot at him,  so the gun fight make some kind of damage to him after all.

About this game having a TLOU narrative...wtf?! Dead Space has this "go to x to take y" and its an awesome game. Isolation its gonna have his own history, no need to be a narrative efford like TLOU

great:) i'll eat my words then

SM

Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 14, 2014, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 08:49:31 AM
Seems to be a few bodies like that.  Some you could argue were victims of tail transfixings - but not that one with all the blood on the overhead.

Yep with all the blood splattered upwards and outwards I find it hard to imagine what else it could have been, the only thing which goes against this is that CA have said again and again it's all about being stalked by ONE Alien. Then again perhaps they just don't want to give the game away.

Maybe they meant one Alien - at a time.  You manage to off the Alien, only to find out it's not the only one.  If that's the case they're spoiling the surprise a bit.

PRI. HUDSON

I really like the actress they motion capped for Amanda Ripley. She reminds me of a Ripley offspring.

PsyKore

Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 10:26:41 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 14, 2014, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 14, 2014, 08:49:31 AM
Seems to be a few bodies like that.  Some you could argue were victims of tail transfixings - but not that one with all the blood on the overhead.

Yep with all the blood splattered upwards and outwards I find it hard to imagine what else it could have been, the only thing which goes against this is that CA have said again and again it's all about being stalked by ONE Alien. Then again perhaps they just don't want to give the game away.

Maybe they meant one Alien - at a time.  You manage to off the Alien, only to find out it's not the only one.  If that's the case they're spoiling the surprise a bit.

Is it possible one adult Alien is there (the one we play against) while the other Aliens are still yet to grow to adult stage? I'm not sure how long the time was in the movie between chestburster stage and adult stage, but it's possible this game could use a threat of infestation as a plot device.

SM

Growth to adult size is a couple of hours.  The game should go longer than that.

PsyKore

Hmm. I'm really curious how they're gonna explain all the chestburst corpses then. Unless CA plan to pull a similar stunt to Amnesia and have us dodging multiple Aliens at the end of the game. CA might not want to tell us that.

MrSpaceJockey

I don't think those are chestburster corpses.  One of the possible deaths for the player is to have the alien stab you through the chest from behind with it's tail.  It almost definitely did that to some Sevastopol residents as well.

PsyKore

I forget that it is a video game and they would reuse models and such, so victims of the tail is possible. You have to admit, though, it looks suspicious.

SM

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 15, 2014, 02:53:34 AM
I don't think those are chestburster corpses.  One of the possible deaths for the player is to have the alien stab you through the chest from behind with it's tail.  It almost definitely did that to some Sevastopol residents as well.

As we've been talking about - this doesn't look like a tail stab victim.

MrSpaceJockey

Oops, glossed over it.  Gotta say its kind of weird for the body to lying in that specific position after a chestbursting, even though the blood pattern would indicate it happened right there.  Weird.  But I'm gonna assume that's a oversight on their part.

SM

She might've burst there but the body could've been arranged in a more 'comfortable' position after death.  But then her eyes seem to be open.

Pretty silly oversight, if that's the case.

(Assuming of course it's in the final game).

ikarop

I think I may have mentioned it before but it bothers me that the tail is so overly long. You can't even see the end of it in this pic:

Corporal Hicks

Must have replied to one of those growth emails.  :P

I hadn't really noticed how long it was. Yeah, does seem a little excessive.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: ikarop on Aug 15, 2014, 10:37:07 AM
I think I may have mentioned it before but it bothers me that the tail is so overly long. You can't even see the end of it in this pic:

Agreed, that tail looks ridiculous. Are there any other screenshots that corroborates this? Maybe this was an early WIP?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2014, 10:47:24 AM
Must have replied to one of those growth emails.  :P

Then his head would have been bigger.  :laugh:

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Aug 14, 2014, 11:01:49 PM
I really like the actress they motion capped for Amanda Ripley. She reminds me of a Ripley offspring.

Hip's too broad, butt's too big. (unless she inherited those from her father)
This is what Ripley offspring looks like:

ikarop

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 15, 2014, 10:53:58 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Aug 15, 2014, 10:37:07 AM

Agreed, that tail looks ridiculous. Are there any other screenshots that collaborate this? Maybe this was an early WIP?

It's from the latest demo but you can notice it in some of the gameplay videos where Amanda just sees the Alien pass by. All you see is the tail dragging around which I guess is the effect they were trying to achieve by making it so long. Didn't notice it was THIS long before tho. Neither did it look that long in earlier screenshots:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed