Alien: Isolation at Gamescon 2014 - New CGI Trailer, Screenshots and B-roll

Started by ikarop, Aug 08, 2014, 06:22:51 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation at Gamescon 2014 - New CGI Trailer, Screenshots and B-roll (Read 45,927 times)

szkoki

bit of shame when the cpu guy shots the Alien with a shotgun and didnt even hurt it a bit....i mean...why? what the hell...dont give the people such guns or make the script different to avoid such stupidity

Cal427eb

Quote from: szkoki on Aug 14, 2014, 01:32:29 PM
bit of shame when the cpu guy shots the Alien with a shotgun and didnt even hurt it a bit....i mean...why? what the hell...dont give the people such guns or make the script different to avoid such stupidity
...wut

Seegson

A shootgun? did i miss something? I have spotted 2 gun fights : the one with the 3 guys when amanda use the noise maker, and people shooting an alien from the distance at some kind of "factory" room...but they all use pistols and stuff

szkoki

ok no shotgun. but even the pistols makes it strange for me, the guy clearly shots the Alien 2-3 times while it kills his partner, and ...thats just akward that it didnt even hurt. and why all those guys stand in the open lol?

Cal427eb

Are you f**king with me right now?

MrSpaceJockey

Aliens have had handgun bullets bounce off them before in Aliens.

Valaquen

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 14, 2014, 02:00:09 PM

^ Yup.

And recall the ammunition they were using in Aliens for their heavier weaponry.

szkoki

Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 14, 2014, 01:59:58 PM

"wut+f**king f**k"? i dont like youtube conversations

i dont think the xeno is bulletproof. even Vasquez could kill one with a pistol and im not talking about killing the alien right now but having so much gunfights with the alien just generates too much question. should be one or two groups trough out the whole game who have weapons and the alien shouldnt run at them directly rather than outsmart them, avoiding the gunfire. or at least make it looks its hurt and bleed but still standing after a few shots then run away to heal, just silly to have a bulletproof xeno in a next gen game with bullets bouncing off thats it. a bit off lazy work here from CA

PsyKore

Quote from: szkoki on Aug 14, 2014, 01:56:59 PM
and why all those guys stand in the open lol?

I found this odd too. Amanda's the only person (the player) watching her own ass, hiding and being quiet, while everyone else seems to be just hanging out in the open like a bunch of red shirts. None of the human AI seem to be very paranoid considering the circumstances. I also don't like how some people don't try and run away from the Alien but instead just stand there and fire like twits while their friend gets killed.

Seegson

Seegson

Androids seems to be bulletproof (perhaps headshoot could work)...but the Alien (in this game)...its bulletproof and we know that a long time ago.

In TLOU enemies cant see Ellie if you are using Joel, here if humans shoot at you the Alien ignores the sound, but if you shoot thats means xeno-show...sometimes as a developer you have to put some tricks. The Alien its bulleproof to avoid the "i shoot it - game over"

Ok, IGN make a new gameplay video (same area). This time 2 of the 3 guys run away after the Alien kill the first...and Amanda plays "mouse and cat" with the Alien in the Android storage (so its not a "safe" area...if there is one)

Xenoscream

One of the reviews I watched on youtube had a guy saying he had logged 6 hours playing the demo.

His complaints were the missions "Go to X and collect A", and the humans, as Amanda running is enough to make the Alien come get you while other people brazenly walk around, shout at you and fire guns.

I think in the end we will get a 7/10 game here. Yes they poured a lot of love of Alien into this game, but going around collecting key cards is not a story driven game. When in TLOU did you ever have to go and collect something to unlock a door?

I wish they would just ditch those gameplay elements and try to focus on a narrative. However I hold a lot of hope and I know Al and the team are doing their best so lets see how it ends up.

felipescado

is it bad that i have hopes for this game?
-_-
it looks like it IS the scary experience we were asking for

ikarop

Seegson

In the Twich video you can spot acid blood with smoke in the floor when the random guys shoot at him,  so the gun fight make some kind of damage to him after all.

About this game having a TLOU narrative...wtf?! Dead Space has this "go to x to take y" and its an awesome game. Isolation its gonna have his own history, no need to be a narrative efford like TLOU

Samus007

Quote from: szkoki on Aug 14, 2014, 02:20:44 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Aug 14, 2014, 01:59:58 PM

"wut+f**king f**k"? i dont like youtube conversations

i dont think the xeno is bulletproof. even Vasquez could kill one with a pistol and im not talking about killing the alien right now but having so much gunfights with the alien just generates too much question. should be one or two groups trough out the whole game who have weapons and the alien shouldnt run at them directly rather than outsmart them, avoiding the gunfire. or at least make it looks its hurt and bleed but still standing after a few shots then run away to heal, just silly to have a bulletproof xeno in a next gen game with bullets bouncing off thats it. a bit off lazy work here from CA

I dont really mind the guys with guns firing a few rounds off at the Alien and it not really phasing it much. In the second film Gorman fires off a few rounds at an Aliens head and it didn't seem to phase it at all. Of course yes, Vasquez kills an Alien with the hand gun, but it was 8 inches from her and she unloaded an entire clip into its face. I would like to see a little acid damage from the hand gun bullets though, something along those lines.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed