2 More Days of Filming!

Started by ace3g, Jul 19, 2018, 12:48:58 AM

Author
2 More Days of Filming! (Read 21,851 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 19, 2018, 07:10:42 PM
See now you're making this franchise go off the rails. Once they introduce time travel these movies are done.

Unfortunately that's what happen often when fans are asked about what they would do for a future film...

The Old One

The Old One

It's a verifiable fact that fanatics don't know what's best for the thing that they like.

Unless you're A: a professional writer or B: a professional artist; you probably shouldn't be behind the scenes on a franchise that exists in a collaborative creative medium, that goes for Alien, Predator and others.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Regarding any cameos, I've thought for a long time that one way of linking the film to Predators would be Dutch appearing in charge of OWLF after having wrestled control from Keyes' men and opting for a more militant approach to Pred incursions.

Camera cuts to him, with someone saying is this him?

Cut to a pic of Royce

"Yeah.... Poncho's kid..." (Always thought there was a resemblance - even down to the look of their weapons etc.).

Voice says "He's been taken, sir...."

It wouldn't have to be Dutch, but he'd be ideal for the Poncho link.

But basically, whoever's in charge of Stargazer/The military or w/e, basically Royce was their man.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 19, 2018, 06:36:57 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 19, 2018, 06:02:31 PM
Right. The two leads could've been McKenna and Dutch...

What's baffling to me is that it's a replay of a previous attempt to get Schwarzenegger into a Predator film via a cameo and he gave the same answer then. He won't do a cameo. So I don't even know why they bothered to write one. I'd rather they didn't bring Dutch back, but if they were going to do it, at least make it something meaty with some kind of a progression of the character. Take it places.

Totally. Yeah, I get they wanted the cameo to maybe lead into a larger role in the future, but I'd rather the larger role be in this entry itself.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

AGAIN... AGAIN, WILL THE MOVIE EVEN BE FINISHED BY ITS RELEASE DATE. PENDING IF SHANE BLACK IS SECRETLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE EXPERIENCE AND THERE'S ANOTHER VERSION OF THE MOVIE FANS WILL BE DEMANDING FOR THE SHANE BLACK CUT.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 08:12:10 PM
It's a verifiable fact that fanatics don't know what's best for the thing that they like.

Unless you're A: a professional writer or B: a professional artist; you probably shouldn't be behind the scenes on a franchise that exists in a collaborative creative medium, that goes for Alien, Predator and others.
Agreed, and it is why so many fan fiction stories suck. Hard.
What you shouldn't do, ever, is focussing on just a really narrow aspect of a franchise when trying to write an interesting story.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 19, 2018, 08:12:10 PM

Totally agree with yuo sir!

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 19, 2018, 08:48:16 PM
Regarding any cameos, I've thought for a long time that one way of linking the film to Predators would be Dutch appearing in charge of OWLF after having wrestled control from Keyes' men and opting for a more militant approach to Pred incursions.

Cut to a pic of Royce

"Yeah.... Poncho's kid..." (Always thought there was a resemblance - even down to the look of their weapons etc.).

But basically, whoever's in charge of Stargazer/The military or w/e, basically Royce was their man.

Not sure about Royce beeing the son of Poncho. I mean yeh they kind of look similer, but Poncho didn't play big role for Predator, and Royce being the son of Poncho, and be connected with Predators the same way his father was kind of too much.

The Keys connection is logical, the kid decides to go by the steps of the father, and father purposely was hunting predator, so son decides to do the same.

But I do wish to see Mike Harrigan again, ven more then Dutch, if they going to put Danny Glover again in Predator movie and not kill him, I would be the happy person   ;D

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 19, 2018, 09:39:29 PM
AGAIN... AGAIN, WILL THE MOVIE EVEN BE FINISHED BY ITS RELEASE DATE. PENDING IF SHANE BLACK IS SECRETLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE EXPERIENCE AND THERE'S ANOTHER VERSION OF THE MOVIE FANS WILL BE DEMANDING FOR THE SHANE BLACK CUT.

Yes, and no.

TERMINATOR-SSD

TERMINATOR-SSD

Honestly, i don't want to see a cameo from either Arnie or Glover. I don't mind having there characters mentioned, but i really hope to god they don't appear in the film. It would just feel cheesy i reckon, we don't need those characters coming back like really what can they do, what benefits can they really offer this far in the timeline. I hope they are not included.

Set up for a potential sequel might be a bad idea as well, Don't want to have an open ending because hell what if the film does REALLY bad, game over. I don't know its 11pm i've had a few to drink and in a grumpy mood state. I don't want them to F up this franchise man i love it too much Predator was my childhood film at 5 years of age, now 33. COME N GET US MOTHER FU@@KER, can't wait.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

The only cameo I'd like is Garber. Would actually make some sense considering a Keyes is in this.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: azamultic on Jul 19, 2018, 09:42:24 PM

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 19, 2018, 08:48:16 PM

Cut to a pic of Royce

Not sure about Royce beeing the son of Poncho. I mean yeh they kind of look similer, but Poncho didn't play big role for Predator, and Royce being the son of Poncho, and be connected with Predators the same way his father was kind of too much.

The Keys connection is logical, the kid decides to go by the steps of the father, and father purposely was hunting predator, so son decides to do the same.

But I do wish to see Mike Harrigan again, ven more then Dutch, if they going to put Danny Glover again in Predator movie and not kill him, I would be the happy person   ;D

I'm with you there.  I'd love to have Royce back.  It'd be great to have them in a sequel, with them finding their way back to Earth on a Predator ship - but him in his own right and not with some sort of connection to another character.  I think his story, and that of Isabel, is strong enough to carry itself on its own without tying in to the previous movies in that way.  Ultimately, I'd prefer it if there weren't any cameos.  If there was one, probably the only one I'd look forward to would be Harrigan - because it's Harrigan.   

WolfPre

WolfPre

Reshoots again!!?. I really like the way they cared this film to make it hit.
Hope it will be released on the announcd date. Cant wait any more....

Huggs

Huggs

Perhaps they will show some secret underground location. Someone opens a bright white holding cell, revealing Harvey Keitel waxing another piano.

D88M

D88M

Great, more reshoots, i hope we dont get a frankenstein movie.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: D88M on Jul 20, 2018, 02:27:27 AM
Great, more reshoots, I hope we don't get a Frankenstein movie.

Don't worry, we've got that covered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed